Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just banged out the first 3 episodes of Elizabeth Olsen's Love & Death yesterday and today.

Holy *censored*!!!!!

This is gooooooooodddd. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I watched everything through the finale yesterday. Some folks in the Max thread feel it falls off after the first three so buckle up.

I enjoyed it especially because I was unfamiliar with the story and don’t mind following the full legal process from either side in television shows and movies.

The Entity (1982). About a single mom who is being harassed by an invisible force/demon and goes to a parapsychology team at UCLA for help. It was supposedly based on a true story and it took place in LA, so I was big time freaked out by it when I saw it as a kid. Slept with the lights on for a while after.
Would definitely check this out! Just checked it on Rotten Tomatoes and it has a fresh score. Horrors aren’t exactly known for good ratings. So a good score, and a good premise means I’m willing to give this a look

Film is so, it’s just a different Art in my opinion.
The best different though.
Every once in awhile I watch a film and completely just don’t vibe with it, for reasons of closed mind, just a lack of life experience to just plain old unrighteousness or discrimination.

District 8.
Hated that film for years, I wasn’t feeling the SciFi “off World” **** when it originally released.

I Love You, Man.
Wasn’t super impressed by the Jason Siegel or the flow him and Judd had, Rashida Jones wasn’t a favorite of mine, I really put the film down with a ne er going to watch again care. Rewatching it now, I actually really like this film. Golf course scene has me dying right now. Whole film is hitting on this new watch.

Film is one of the few things you can grow in or out of fairly easy with little or no consequence.

How can you not love TV or Film.
The great escape.

Film-Review-Brad-Pitt-Bullet-Train.jpg

“The retinal implant is a micro-electronic prosthesis that can reverse the effects of retinal degeneration. We would…”

1685287372449.gif

I cannot read, or hear about the year 2002 without thinking of Attack of the Clones. Make it stop !

1685288289699.gif

Related - this morning at the coffee shop I heard "New Slang" by the Shins, which I have had in my personal music liabrary for years because of Nat Portman and Garden State.
GREAT band. There is another Shins song in there as well. I’m sure you recognize it; it’s right when Zach Braff’s character takes the bike out for a spin and he gets pulled over by the cop who happened to be his friend. :lol:

Zach hand-picked some cool music for that film. Good feels. 🔥

The other Shins song is “Caring is Creepy”, by the way.

I finally watched Heat. Not bad. Not bad at all. Not as good as I hoped it be though.

Strongly prefer say Midnight Run if we’re talking that era.

George Lucas responds to Attack of the Clones critics:

“Most people don’t understand the style of “Star Wars.” They don’t get that there’s an underlying motif that is very much like a 1930’s Western or Saturday matinee serial.”

“It’s in the more romantic period of making movies and adventure films. And this film is even more of a melodrama than the others.”

1685313295897.gif

George Lucas responds to Attack of the Clones critics:

“Most people don’t understand the style of “Star Wars.” They don’t get that there’s an underlying motif that is very much like a 1930’s Western or Saturday matinee serial.”

“It’s in the more romantic period of making movies and adventure films. And this film is even more of a melodrama than the others.”

1685313295897.gif
You definitely deserve a thread.
You should start one.
Clones Attack.

Been a rough few weeks but watched The Night Agent on Netflix, loved it. And Citadel on Prime and not really loving this as much.

Was able to get some me time today and went to see Fast X

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I echo a lot of the same sentiments from this thread. In my top 3 (5, 6, & 10). Momoa is easily best villain in the series. Loved seeing the unexpected faces. I CANNOT wait for the next one cause they got some serious explaining to do on the ending.

Can’t wait to see Momoa when it’s streaming, I’m gonna chill I’d like to have gone opening weekend or week but missed it.

Just fyi my dad who’s in is 60s had the choice between Guardians, Fast X, or The Covenant this past week and doesn’t like the former two :lol:

Are the clones attacking because CloneGPT is going to put them out of a job?

Btw here’s Dave Grohl rockin

15F5650D-D86C-4B42-AC43-35D5F3AE3F83.jpeg

CDC43A7A-3897-437E-8809-4670736118D5.jpeg

A81B0E6C-C2F6-49DA-B3FB-D5EE8EB3446C.jpeg

515D82D0-E8A7-4EED-A161-6F4BEAD9ED7C.png
Hairstyle is on point! And it doesn’t get any cooler than my man Neo rocking out on the bass!

1685371375777.gif

Back
Top Bottom