Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ok, you guys are throwing all these Gosling movies out there. I'm going to narrow this down for you, or have you help me narrow this down. Of all these movies you're throwing out, which ones are the most compelling, the most emotionally gripping? Someone mentioned 'divisive' a few replies up: that's the ticket right there.

Ok, you guys are throwing all these Gosling movies out there. I'm going to narrow this down for you, or have you help me narrow this down. Of all these movies you're throwing out, which ones are the most compelling, the most emotionally gripping? Someone mentioned 'divisive' a few replies up: that's the ticket right there.

The 3 I mentioned. Trust me, have I ever steered you wrong? :lol:

Those 3 show his range. 3 very diff movies. I promise you'll dig all 3.

20EBE708-1469-4410-BE43-B7805788E7F0.gif
76455ED3-5E46-4D46-8599-1FD2015C4C8D.gif

Crazy, Stupid, Love is one of the best romcoms of all time, except the daughter with the picture, that is… :lol: :smh:

Blue Valentine is probably the most emotionally gripping.

Watch Drive and Crazy Stupid Love, very different Goslings so a good dichotomy to trial in terms of him.

No it’s a comedy which is why I recommend it. It can be tricked off as a romcom.

Screenshot_20230530_213410_YouTube.jpg

👀

I swear the next word better not be "students." 😬😕🤦‍♂️ I mean it says 'friendship', though, not 'relationship', so there's hope there.

I think.

It's not a relationship :lol: But yes it’s with one of his students that live a troubled life

It’s a heavy watch and he really does a great job in it

I'd take Blue Valentine as the heavy watch over that.
Love it.

Screenshot_20230530_223434_JustWatch.jpg

Weird, I don't remember a camera crew following my last serious relationship from 2013-2018, but there it is. I really appreciate that they changed our names to Dean and Cindy in order to protect our anonymity. She gets pregnant from an affair, right? Has an abortion? No accountability, drunk all the time, blames him for everything? Am I in the ballpark?

👀

Love it.

Screenshot_20230530_223434_JustWatch.jpg

Weird, I don't remember a camera crew following my last serious relationship from 2013-2018, but there it is. I really appreciate that they changed our names to Dean and Cindy in order to protect our anonymity. She gets pregnant from an affair, right? Has an abortion? No accountability, drunk all the time, blames him for everything? Am I in the ballpark?

👀
Not quite, but that's the beauty of it, it has recognizable parts if you've ever been in a tough relationship.

Back
Top Bottom