Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Barbie is going to be a massive hit. Someone said it’s the white women’s Black Panther. Yup :lol:

Nolan should’ve pushed Openheimer to August or end of July. He about to get killed :smh:
OR. Nolan makes sure that Barbie BOMBS…

1689128767739.gif

Dr Oglethorpe head of the Planetary Defense Coordination Office in Don’t look Up just might just be my favorite character of all time.

Jocelyn: Listen, we got a sighting of an NEO from Subaru Telescope
Dr Oglethorpe: Ohhhkayyy ummm, Why you didn’t just report it to the minor planet center?

LMAO, “Why you didn’t just report it……”

Dudes vernacular and tone is one of a kind.
Real Man of Genius.

I feel like I should see Barbie first, because I know I’m gonna like Oppenheimer better. That upward trajectory.

Breathless..........

I'm sorry, but the MFing man IS cinema. **** whatever you think about him. He might be thee greatest movie piece in history. He defies logic already but the franchise is IMPROVING, Seven God damn films in. :wow: :lol: :pimp:

The AI piece was brilliant because it was Ultron with no Avengers. Source Code. The Matrix. Rogue (Nation) even MI1 with Kitredge/Train. The enemy is nobody and EVERYBODY. Every person/country is the enemy of who holds a damn key. Everyone is disavowed before doing a thing. Tech can't be used. People/choices controlled. It's aware.....they are aware. Rather than standard framing and swindling and paying off/backstabbing it's AI that predicts movements. Yet there he still is, Ethan ****ing Hunt.........all 5 foot 7 of him. :lol: :smh: :lol:

I need Tom to join John Wick.

I need Tom to join Dominic Torreto.

I need Hayley Atwell, to join me, in my bed.

Jesus Christ. She's un****ingbelievable. :smh:

She was a PERFECT add to this cast. Flawless casting. Loved how real it got for her and how she gets added.

Gabriel was terrific. Even as the secondary(ish) villain. But even moreso, Mantis. :wow: She was incredible!!! Might be my 2nd fav role after Hayley. Loved her menace and pivot. :pimp:

The camera work in this film is ****ing flames. So many beautiful shots and steady edits. The slight of hand stuff, the 19 knives suddenly available to Gabriel, (seriously, WTF man :lol: ) the closeups mid action scene, they even added a smidge of humor.

I don't know how he can keep doing these as he nears 60, but this is insane. Early 80's thru mid 2020's. I have no reason to doubt MI7.5 will be any less in 2024. ****, the preview for part 2 should be coming out fairly soon. Fallish? The longevity and resume he has put up is unbeatable. Christ, he's literally credited with bringing back movie theaters after COVID.

5 decades of material, with no real drop off or weakness, really? :wow:

It was just under 3 hours, I felt like I spent less than hour in a half in there. I literally wished it was longer. I hoped for a post credit scene or part 2 preview, anything. It's that good.

7.75/8

Last edited:
Na. I knocked out MI3 last night. Not bad. Introduces his love. Introduces Simon Pegg. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a great villain. Wasn’t about the shhhiits.

Vatican scene was great.

Do you really view all the MI movies as connecting pieces? Like, I'm thinking about watching Dead Reckoning in theaters with my son 2 Tuesdays from now, and he's never seen one MI. I think he'll be fine and I think he'll love it. I've seen all of them except 3, and I don't see how it's necessary that a person watches all of them in consecutive order without skipping any. There are connecting bits between each installment, obviously, but I wouldn't say that they're necessary elements to enjoy each one as a standalone experience.

By contrast, I think if someone just saw El Camino without watching Breaking Bad, I don't think they would enjoy it at all.

Back
Top Bottom