Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Finished RoadHouse last night and I enjoyed it. Jake G was great as Dalton - had a good combination of physicalits for the fighting and wit that made sense. I can’t work out why they trashed his vintage car that he liked so early though - it would make more sense for that to come later.

Conor McGregor was surprisingly good too. I can’t imagine he has much more range than playing an Irish psycho but it worked for the part.
Is seeing the original a must?
Is knowing anything about the original a must?

Stumbled upon the ten commandments on tv and been watching it. Feel like they show it every easter since I was a kid.

Reactions: sb
Must, no. Completely diff films.

OG is just great 80's movie. So unintentionally great.

Definitely. Swayze is great in the original - but it’s one of those odd movies of that era that was all style - it just didn’t seem to know where it was going.

1711887929599.gif

Definitely. Swayze is great in the original - but it’s one of those odd movies of that era that was all style - it just didn’t seem to know where it was going.

Iono about that, imo it knew EXACTLY where it was going. :lol: 80's greatness of T&A, debauchery, big hair, bar fights and sadistic rich white villains. And for some reason Sam Elliot "Mijoooo" :lol: :pimp:

Swayze tho.....such an interesting run. His career is extremely small, but extremely "huge" based on basically five films.

Outsiders (83) and Red Dawn (84) was baby Patrick.

But then:
Dirty Dancing in 87
Road House in 89
Ghost in 90
Point Break in 91

:wow:

Two films that made him a God to women and two action films that made him a bad *** to men.

Thassit. Nothin else exists. I know there's Too Wong Fu, and Donnie Darko etc, but those were nowhere near what this run was for him (or his career)

His peak was huge, but his longevity was short AF. Think, he and Cruise both were in the Outsiders in 83. Cruise is dropping bombs STILL, Point Break was 1991. :wow:

I was into it for the first 20ish mins. Big lore dump, various factions, really bad (in an endearing way) special effects, weird and slightly gross creature designs (again, not in a bad way). But the acting was awful and as someone that didn’t read the book, it was very hard to follow the plot and know what was going on.

Everyone raving in here about Dune: Part Two visuals so I wanted to see for myself. But starting from the very beginning. It can only go up from here but Dune [1984] was not a good time.
true enough. it is indeed quite difficult to follow from a non-reader or someone who isn't familiar of the lore considering the story background wasn't entirely explained. thing is, the story somehow starts 1/3 of the plot so some people could easily get lost into the mix. it didn't help the pacing, acting, and atmosphere of the movie. it didn't help either that the movie was condensed in it's entirety for 2-3 hours.
the recent remakes though made it much better with explaining of what's going on but still quite puzzling to whomever is not familiar. I had to summarize the plot to my wife before she learned to appreciate it or love it. I just basically explained in simple context, "it's Game of Thrones in Space". Houses, politics, mysticism and chosen one.

if people really wanna understand what Dune is in layman's terms, the tv series back in the 2000s is the way. pardon the effects though as they are quite underwhelming, other than that, the series is easy to understand.

Iono about that, imo it knew EXACTLY where it was going. :lol: 80's greatness of T&A, debauchery, big hair, bar fights and sadistic rich white villains. And for some reason Sam Elliot "Mijoooo" :lol: :pimp:

Swayze tho.....such an interesting run. His career is extremely small, but extremely "huge" based on basically five films.

Outsiders (83) and Red Dawn (84) was baby Patrick.

But then:
Dirty Dancing in 87
Road House in 89
Ghost in 90
Point Break in 91

:wow:

Two films that made him a God to women and two action films that made him a bad *** to men.

Thassit. Nothin else exists. I know there's Too Wong Fu, and Donnie Darko etc, but those were nowhere near what this run was for him (or his career)

His peak was huge, but his longevity was short AF. Think, he and Cruise both were in the Outsiders in 83. Cruise is dropping bombs STILL, Point Break was 1991. :wow:
unfortunately, Swayze's career was affected by alcoholism and personal issues. so it's no wonder his appearances in movies are quite limited later on. that and getting diagnosed with cancer. later on his career, other than his voice, I couldn't even recognize to what was happening to him, especially his face.

Slow day at work. Made the post earlier and then went ahead and started My Girl before reading any responses.
Finishing up now.
Big trash. This movie sucks. I'm legit frustrated this is a classic.

Hardball is great. Very diff Keanu. Def check that out.

My Girl, meh.
indeed. very different Keanu.
speaking of different Keanu, watch these.....

Attachments

• Much_ado_about_nothing_movie_poster.jpg
    Much_ado_about_nothing_movie_poster.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 16
  • p26173_v_h10_ag.jpg
    p26173_v_h10_ag.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 107
  • A1DyNL1R+jL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    A1DyNL1R+jL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 174
Now I want to scrub the thread and see if I'm remembering right by thinking that I'm remembering people slandering My Girl and people responding with "Nah, we're not doing that today."
*profanity* that.
I'm full slander, full send.

Shoulda watched Hardball.

Eff it. Still a slow day at work and now I've got a teammate with me that just came on at 2, so I'm going to move right into Hardball.
(I already know about Baby G. :/ )

Back
Top Bottom