Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I forgot to post this... for all of you Star Wars nerds, here is Mr. McFloppy at work on Halloween:

Spoiler [+]
zit2yg.jpg

^
pimp.gif

That's awesome. How much a costume like that cost you?

CP, yeah I figured. I know Amazon had some damn good deals last year. I hope they have some good ones, because I really can't stand crowds for this kind of stuff.

^
pimp.gif

That's awesome. How much a costume like that cost you?

CP, yeah I figured. I know Amazon had some damn good deals last year. I hope they have some good ones, because I really can't stand crowds for this kind of stuff.

Just watched Insidious (does it count as a 2011 film?).

It was like the supernatural version of Knowing. Promising, turned silly. A father trying to protect/save his "chosen" son. Rose Byrne.

It wasn't as bad as Knowing, but pretty close. I did appreciate the Hitchcockian elements of suspense, at least.

I bet you Star Wars nerds were really up in arms about the Darth Maul knockoff, huh?
laugh.gif

Just watched Insidious (does it count as a 2011 film?).

It was like the supernatural version of Knowing. Promising, turned silly. A father trying to protect/save his "chosen" son. Rose Byrne.

It wasn't as bad as Knowing, but pretty close. I did appreciate the Hitchcockian elements of suspense, at least.

I bet you Star Wars nerds were really up in arms about the Darth Maul knockoff, huh?
laugh.gif

Chester that costume is @#$%^& awesome. 
pimp.gif

My daughter was Darth Vader for halloween, you ain't never seen a father so proud. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I ain't kidding either, she herself picked out a Darth Vader costume, and her choices were down to Vader or Boba Fett. 
pimp.gif
   Force is strong in this one.......
laugh.gif

@#$% you George Lucas, I hate you and will punch you in the nose if I ever see you somewhere. 

Chester that costume is @#$%^& awesome. 
pimp.gif

My daughter was Darth Vader for halloween, you ain't never seen a father so proud. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I ain't kidding either, she herself picked out a Darth Vader costume, and her choices were down to Vader or Boba Fett. 
pimp.gif
   Force is strong in this one.......
laugh.gif

@#$% you George Lucas, I hate you and will punch you in the nose if I ever see you somewhere. 

It cost about $700 for everything. Took me around 2 months to complete, but it was definitely worth it. 
pimp.gif

Glad to hear the little one is making the family proud. We went to the mall with my nieces and nephews, and this kid in a Jedi costume kept wacking me in the leg with a lightsaber.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

It cost about $700 for everything. Took me around 2 months to complete, but it was definitely worth it. 
pimp.gif

Glad to hear the little one is making the family proud. We went to the mall with my nieces and nephews, and this kid in a Jedi costume kept wacking me in the leg with a lightsaber.
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I just wanted to let you guys know that this is my favorite thread in nearly nine years of being on this site.

pimp.gif

I've said it probably 15 times in here, I thank all the people that come thru here and chop it up.  Serious, I thank every one of you for this place. 

And while on that, where the hell has Dirk been?  Anyone heard or seen ol dude? 
ohwell.gif

smokin.gif

and Dirk's like Mel Kiper. maybe we need another draft.

and...what the $!$! happened to Community and Akira.
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I just wanted to let you guys know that this is my favorite thread in nearly nine years of being on this site.

pimp.gif

I've said it probably 15 times in here, I thank all the people that come thru here and chop it up.  Serious, I thank every one of you for this place. 

And while on that, where the hell has Dirk been?  Anyone heard or seen ol dude? 
ohwell.gif

smokin.gif

and...what the $!$! happened to Community and Akira.
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

pimp.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Kev, I thought the first hour of Insidious was pure gold. Then, they start showing Darth Maul as you say. The first time you see him you're like okay, kinda creepy. I forget at what point it turns, but I think it's when the kid is kidnapped. After that, and they bring in the mediums, the film goes straight to #!!*. But like the first hour? Chilling. It was amazing how the two parts of the movie are polar opposites in terms of quality. I was REALLY looking forward to it, and can still appreciate it's early efforts, it's just a lackluster finale.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

pimp.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Kev, I thought the first hour of Insidious was pure gold. Then, they start showing Darth Maul as you say. The first time you see him you're like okay, kinda creepy. I forget at what point it turns, but I think it's when the kid is kidnapped. After that, and they bring in the mediums, the film goes straight to #!!*. But like the first hour? Chilling. It was amazing how the two parts of the movie are polar opposites in terms of quality. I was REALLY looking forward to it, and can still appreciate it's early efforts, it's just a lackluster finale.

The next Eastwood/Lorenz project (Eastwood will be starring in it):
The film is about an aging baseball scout who goes on the road one last time with his estranged daughter, who presumably helps him overcome any weakness, such as his diminished eyesight, that might get in the way of finding new recruits.
2013. Amy Adams may be the daughter.
I think the writers got fired halfway through and were replaced with ones from the Asylum film studio.

The next Eastwood/Lorenz project (Eastwood will be starring in it):
The film is about an aging baseball scout who goes on the road one last time with his estranged daughter, who presumably helps him overcome any weakness, such as his diminished eyesight, that might get in the way of finding new recruits.
2013. Amy Adams may be the daughter.
I think the writers got fired halfway through and were replaced with ones from the Asylum film studio.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Prime did have an idea a while back about another one, but it would be more complex and therefore more work.  I wasn't sure everyone wanted to commit to something like that. 

It was along the lines of instead of 10 movies, it would 10 "positions" ala a baseball team sort of.  The positions would be along the lines of "Funny Guy" as your leadoff hitter.  You'd be drafting a character from a movie, say Ace Ventura/Jim Carrey, superhero as your #3 hitter, need a manager, or a guy that sets the plans in motion, a Hannibal Smith, your #9 hitter would be your token kick @#$ chich, Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Kristy Swanson type. 

He gave me the idea, just not sure on the angle, logistics of it all, so I never brought it forward to ya'll.  Like I said, lotta work. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Prime did have an idea a while back about another one, but it would be more complex and therefore more work.  I wasn't sure everyone wanted to commit to something like that. 

It was along the lines of instead of 10 movies, it would 10 "positions" ala a baseball team sort of.  The positions would be along the lines of "Funny Guy" as your leadoff hitter.  You'd be drafting a character from a movie, say Ace Ventura/Jim Carrey, superhero as your #3 hitter, need a manager, or a guy that sets the plans in motion, a Hannibal Smith, your #9 hitter would be your token kick @#$ chich, Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Kristy Swanson type. 

He gave me the idea, just not sure on the angle, logistics of it all, so I never brought it forward to ya'll.  Like I said, lotta work. 

I'm more a basketball dude, personally. I'd be down for 5 starters and a bench...

Something like that though, we'd really have to make a draft board to pick from, but I'd be down.

I'm more a basketball dude, personally. I'd be down for 5 starters and a bench...

Something like that though, we'd really have to make a draft board to pick from, but I'd be down.

I mean, we gonna be missing some things with no NBA, but we need a solid list of owners, need to hammer out the character types, I think I have a list at work, if we get 8-10 peeps, we can run another if ya'll want. You know I'm in.

I mean, we gonna be missing some things with no NBA, but we need a solid list of owners, need to hammer out the character types, I think I have a list at work, if we get 8-10 peeps, we can run another if ya'll want. You know I'm in.

we really need to lock down an era though...can't have Travis Bickle and Jason Bourne in the same frontcourt.

So let's start current, with a 2000s character draft.

Our starters can be basic, 2 women, 3 men.

psycho/bad guy/Starbury
an action hero
a comedy character
swingman
a TV character?

We're gonna need a draftboard.

we really need to lock down an era though...can't have Travis Bickle and Jason Bourne in the same frontcourt.

So let's start current, with a 2000s character draft.

Our starters can be basic, 2 women, 3 men.

psycho/bad guy/Starbury
an action hero
a comedy character
swingman
a TV character?

We're gonna need a draftboard.

Back
Top Bottom