Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ummmmmmmmmm yall knew/remembered tomorrowland is coming out friday?
I don't think anybody was ever that hyped about Tommorowland in this thread
laugh.gif

Like I caught on what it was about from trailer and commercials but I don't know what it's about to be that interested.

All I'm hearing now is that it's a disappointment, preachy, and the first bad movie for the director.
I mean I get folks weren't getting hyped about it.. but like it just caught me off guard when the preview said "this Friday" for tomorrowland when I went to see mad max

like I literally had no clue

Ummmmmmmmmm yall knew/remembered tomorrowland is coming out friday?
I don't think anybody was ever that hyped about Tommorowland in this thread :lol:

Like I caught on what it was about from trailer and commercials but I don't know what it's about to be that interested.

All I'm hearing now is that it's a disappointment, preachy, and the first bad movie for the director.

I mean I get folks weren't getting hyped about it.. but like it just caught me off guard when the preview said "this Friday" for tomorrowland when I went to see mad max

like I literally had no clue

Yeah headed into this release I knew it was flop status. Seem like Disney gave up on it before the campaign started going

just saw this on Twitter and it made sense to post it on NT

Summer Payen @SummerPayen · 4h 4 hours ago
I wanted to have sex with Uma Thurman until I saw her toes in Kill Bill.

Vince Wallace  Michael B Jordan on playing Johnny Storm....
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the Color Line[/h1]
When Marvel announced who would be playing The Human Torch in ''Fantastic Four,'' the Internet responded. Now it's the actor's turn.

You’re not supposed to go on the Internet when you’re cast as a superhero. But after taking on Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four—a character originally written with blond hair and blue eyes—I wanted to check the pulse out there. I didn’t want to be ignorant about what people were saying. Turns out this is what they were saying: “A black guy? I don’t like it. They must be doing it because Obama’s president” and “It’s not true to the comic.” Or even, “They’ve destroyed it!”

It used to bother me, but it doesn’t anymore. I can see everybody’s perspective, and I know I can’t ask the audience to forget 50 years of comic books. But the world is a little more diverse in 2015 than when the Fantastic Four comic first came out in 1961. Plus, if Stan Lee writes an email to my director saying, “You’re good. I’m okay with this,” who am I to go against that?

Some people may look at my casting as political correctness or an attempt to meet a racial quota, or as part of the year of “Black Film.” Or they could look at it as a creative choice by the director, Josh Trank, who is in an interracial relationship himself—a reflection of what a modern family looks like today.

This is a family movie about four friends—two of whom are myself and Kate Mara as my adopted sister—who are brought together by a series of unfortunate events to create unity and a team. That’s the message of the movie, if people can just allow themselves to see it.

Sometimes you have to be the person who stands up and says, “I’ll be the one to shoulder all this hate. I’ll take the brunt for the next couple of generations.” I put that responsibility on myself. People are always going to see each other in terms of race, but maybe in the future we won’t talk about it as much. Maybe, if I set an example, Hollywood will start considering more people of color in other prominent roles, and maybe we can reach the people who are stuck in the mindset that “it has to be true to the comic book.” Or maybe we have to reach past them.

To the trolls on the Internet, I want to say: Get your head out of the computer. Go outside and walk around. Look at the people walking next to you. Look at your friends’ friends and who they’re interacting with. And just understand this is the world we live in. It’s okay to like it.

Last edited:
^
I always wondered about that character. I thought she was going to reveal her face and it'd be a nice, surprise cameo of someone.

Man I love "Crazy, Stupid, Love. :pimp:

I wish I was like Jacob Palmer... I'm not. :frown:

Last edited:
Couldn't believe he want back to her after she was letting kevin bacon into her walls. I couldn't do it. A cheating wife would be dead to me.

When Kevin Bacon showed up to the house... Jacob was ready to whoop that ***** on sight. :rofl: :rofl:

That whole scene was hilarious. :lol:

been on a 'B-Movie' roll the past week. ive never heard of these movies before. i youtubed the trailer, then watched the movie right after.

- Moving Day (Will Sasso, Charlie Murphy)

- Cuban Fury (Nick Frost, Rashida Jones)

- Kill Me Three Times (Simon Pegg)

- Hector and Search for Happiness (Simon Pegg, Rosamund Pike)

imo, 4/4 on these. funny, entertaining, not 'corny'. wish they got more attention.

do yall have any recommendations of other movies like these?? (movies that never got worldwide attention but still decent/good)

Last edited:
I only remember commercials for Hector and the search for Happiness movie.

The idea of Charlie Murphy and Will Sasso making a movie together is already funny to me.

Just read that after anthony michael hall passed on doing the sequel that they started casting different kids in the other movies on purpose. It was kind of a joke that clark didn't recognize his kids.

Just read that after anthony michael hall passed on doing the sequel that they started casting different kids in the other movies on purpose. It was kind of a joke that clark didn't recognize his kids.

In Europen Vacation, the new kids they casted were at least consistent age and appearance wise. Then they stopped giving a ****. Rusty got younger and brown hair in X-mas vacation.

Just finished re-watching The Wire for the 5th time all the way through, yes... 5th, serious :lol: (I know, where's my life? :frown: ) but it being in HD now made me feel better about doing so :lol: good excuse

Last time I watched it through was 3 years ago, so it's been a long enough time where I could catch more details and foreshadowing I didn't see before with fresh eyes.

Man, I know I've talked about it 100x on NT over the years and there's not much else that can be said, but watching it for the 5th time at this point of my life it really hit me harder than times before how ahead of its time this show really was.

If this was a current show the hype and attention behind it would of been INSANE with social media available for increasing the buzz.

Love the show, can't wait to watch it again for the 6th time in a few years :lol:

Back
Top Bottom