Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Housebound 6.7/8

Joint has a 97% on rotten tomatoes. Very well done thriller. I can't really describe the plot without spoiling it. All I can say is the parole officer was THAT DUDE :lol:

Y'all should check it out

Went to go see War For The Planet Of The Apes today. It built up so much, for so long, just to go flat. :smh:

I enjoyed the previous 2 installments but this one was weak in comparison.

Saw atomic blonde and it was somewhat of a mess. First two acts were boring and movie was trying to be stylish but it did nothing for the film. I'm also tired of movies trying to weave the soundtracks into them. It doesn't work for all movies. 3rd act somewhat saves the film. 6.5 / 10. Also, I swear Theron and Mccavoy was smoking cigs every three minutes .

My top 5 shows:

The Simpsons (seasons 3-9)
South Park (seasons 7-12)
The Sopranos
Deadwood
Twin Peaks

Simpsons seems dead to me nowadays when I watch it
South Park ... maybe in the 90s
Twin Peaks ... never watched an episode, but heard it was good.

True Detective... never watched it, but heard Season-1 is the only one worth watching.

I watched The Matrix for the first time ever. I can see why it became a pop culture sensation, but it looks so dated now.

18/21.

I've heard the sequels were trash though.

Dunkirk in IMAX was phenomenal.

The tension the score and sfx builds throughout.... bruh.

I almost **** myself on that first bombing run.

Saw atomic blonde and it was somewhat of a mess. First two acts were boring and movie was trying to be stylish but it did nothing for the film. I'm also tired of movies trying to weave the soundtracks into them. It doesn't work for all movies. 3rd act somewhat saves the film. 6.5 / 10. Also, I swear Theron and Mccavoy was smoking cigs every three minutes .
Oh I know that movie was going to suck, trying to be different so hard but the genre is already so well established. The female James Bond, no don't lead with that.
I watched The Matrix for the first time ever. I can see why it became a pop culture sensation, but it looks so dated now..
Nice finally took the red pill huh, welcome to the real Neo. Yeah sequels are trash, a reboot however is in the prelim stages. They were talking Michael B Jordan as Neo.

I think we went over it but Scarface aint a real classic to be mad about.

Its one of those hood classics that's a bit cheese in the way its so outrageous that everybody likes (including me) but I don't really care that its being remade. If anything, if it were taken seriously we could get an actual great movie.

But the real problem is the majority of Hollywood remakes the past 20 years have sucked badly so this will probably be terrible.

Back
Top Bottom