Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:rofl: @ Pain And Gain

Srsly Imma Watch Hereditary Tell Me What Y’all Enjoyed About It. Or Maybe I Just Missed Something In The Story.

I Was HIGHLY Amused At The Mom Floating In Air In Peter’s Room That Was Heeeee Larry Us. :rofl:
I mean if the first half hour/hour doesn't grip you I don't know what to say.

**** was wild creepy and tense. Just off the way that little girl looked alone I was intrigued. The whole feeling of the movie put me in another place.

From what I recall the ending was a bit silly wild though.

Hereditary is just what pure evil in a film felt like to me. Ari said the movie is like watching the sacrificial lamb go to their slaughter and they can’t do anything about it.
Also every scene in the house was shot on a stage which is wild.

Hereditary is just what pure evil in a film felt like to me. Ari said the movie is like watching the sacrificial lamb go to their slaughter and they can’t do anything about it.
Also every scene in the house was shot on a stage which is wild.
maxresdefault.jpg

We was in the theater like :sick::sick::sick::stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :wow::wow:

I Need Someone Who Enjoyed Hereditary To Let Me Know What I Missed In It.

Walked Out Of The Theater Upset About Everything Except For The Fact My Popcorn Was Amazing.

Tone, tone, tone.

There's been this wave of albums with beautiful transitions between songs.
Frank, Travis, Cudi... Ty Dolla Sign's last albums.

Switching tone/theme in a movie is harder to do without the audience feeling thrown off by it or it feeling random. "Wait, but I thought this was a...." You turn any movie on in the middle and you get their tone & theme quick. It builds up throughout a film and 'should' pay off. So to switch it up, means you're throwing most of what you built up away and you're starting from scratch with less time. And it's even harder to surprise the audience after you've done that, cuz now they know you've got that move and they'll keep their head up for shenanigans.

Hereditary slapped cuz it didn't do it once, it didn't do it twice, it did it 3 ****ing times in one film, and let you understand how each film it showed itself to be, was a trick and a trap to lead you to the next one. And the direction...the acting! It makes the cruelty seem like this twisted gospel. One of those films that just always way. It's intellectually satisfying to me...and then it's the most terrifying movie I've seen in my life. When I speak its name, my hairs raise, cuz there are images that are burned into my head.

How do you do that and not make it boring? How do you not make it up its own ***? How do you hide the strings and the stitches without it feeling exhausting? *cough The Revenant cough*

It's a PG-13 indie family haunting film for the first act and it works cuz it's so lightly creepy and Toni is the goods, but we've seen that 20 times.

Then it teases a creepy child film that we've seen 10 times, until it turns into this painful family grief drama.

Then it becomes an R-rated haunting film that's rare to do well, but we've had a few and it ****ing WORKS.

But then...it transforms into this Kubrickian occult horror, and folds all of the tones it's been working on together into this evil symphony that it's secretly been playing all along.

The director could've easily wrote and directed 3 or 4 pretty good horror movies, but he made them one brutal magnum opus.

Hereditary just is. But it's definitely not for everyone. :lol:

*chef kiss*

Last edited:
Yall making me want to introduce my gf to Hereditary after we're done at this wine tasting. But I wont. She'll absolutely dump me if I did that to her buzzed self.

oh you trying to get DUMPED dumped :lol:

I’ll never forget i was hooking up with this girl on the regular. Basically id just invite her over and watch a movie, then smash after. Nothing else. We never went on dates or anything. Strictly hooking up.

I was having a good time, but that all ended when I made her watch Se7en. That was the last time we spoke or hung out again. I don’t know if the movie triggered some sort of childhood trauma or something, but the night basically ended like
6054A0B1-7D4C-4B3E-9EF6-C5D41F54A39E.gif

oh you trying to get DUMPED dumped :lol:

I’ll never forget i was hooking up with this girl on the regular. Basically id just invite her over and watch a movie, then smash after. Nothing else. We never went on dates or anything. Strictly hooking up.

I was having a good time, but that all ended when I made her watch Se7en. That was the last time we spoke or hung out again. I don’t know if the movie triggered some sort of childhood trauma or something, but the night basically ended like
6054A0B1-7D4C-4B3E-9EF6-C5D41F54A39E.gif

She probably took Paltrow’s head in the box as some kind of subliminal message that you wanted the hooking up to end.

Watched The Martian Extended cut, I LOVE this film. I've seen it 50+ times, but love it every single time. Terrific cast, love the science of it all, but moreso the heart in it. Something the entire planet could root for. Something that would unite this ****hole planet. Being in space for 2 extra years to pick up your friend. Even a lil humor in the film so it never feels too down.

Where’s the extended cut?

I’m finishing Coming To America right now, and thinking of going St. Elmo’s Fire next.

Back
Top Bottom