Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

BD62153A-9167-4DBD-8E43-1A61735436E9.gif

The Blackcoat's Daughter (2017)

Looks like mixed reviews for this one. I actually thought it was pretty good. The suspense and mystery was there for me. I knew I was gonna like it when I saw the A24 logo 😂. Not your typical horror film which is alway welcome. I enjoyed this one.

Michael Emerson is having too much fun as "Leland Townsend" on Evil. This is arguably a better performance than his iconic role as Benjamin Linus in Lost.

The character is just so conniving and mischievous :lol:

2nd ep was also wild. Really wonder if that guy turned his wife in to a pillar of salt (in story I mean) or if he's just that crazy and she simply left him.

just caught up and yeah he scary tbh

The Overnight 5.7/8

:rofl: :rofl:

The fake penises :smh: :lol:

The AYOness :lol: The couple being tempted all night.

Cool little flick. Great casting for the way these characters were written.

I just finished watching the Tomorrow war. I enjoyed it for what it was, a big dumb action movie. It definitely had some good action set pieces and the acting was pretty good too.

The plot didn't make a whole ton of sense but they did answer the "Why not just attack them the moment they arrive?" question.

Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It 4.5/8

It was okay but not that compelling of a story. It was kind of bull **** when we focus on the murder and legal system part. I mean come the **** on. This guy stabs somebody he knows 22 times, claims he was demonically possessed and gets out in 5 years. Crazy.

No Sudden Move 7.5/8

This was great.

Straight up crime flick with a bit of political and big business conspiracy.

Cheadle was great as expected. Everybody else was really good. Would've liked a bigger role for Julia Fox though.

Soderbergh delivers again.

The Tomorrow War 5.8/8

These aliens scarier than the things in A Quiet Place. Fast as ****, long range attacks, bullet proof body parts, strong as ****. Shiiieeet. I'm dodging this draft.

They really ditched the future war/worldwide draft angle for this father and daughter save the world story. Then they keep harping on that after getting back in the present talking about go save your daughter like she aint safe at home.

Action was pretty dope. Story was predictable.

The story's time travel rules were lacking though. If they only recruit ppl who are already dead in their future to prevent a paradox that basically hints that if they they'd be changing that person's past cuz they'd still be alive and obviously didn't travel to the future. But then dude is suppose to be sent in the past with the toxin to prevent the war but that future will still be screwed.

:lol: @ the black kid saving the day with volcano knowledge.

A ragtag crew going to Russia to send a toxin to kill some alien monsters stuck in an iceberg that would've took 30 years to melt was some nonsense though. The way they just searched, set off one explosion had an easy entrance in to the ice like it was a cave and found the ship. I couldn't help but think one hydrogen bomb could solve this.

Then to end it with 3 survivors, effectively killing all the future kids in the process just to have this father and dad kill team :lol: Pratt straight up boxing with the monster :rofl: Real cheesey end end :lol:

Last edited:
The Tomorrow War 5.8/8

These aliens scarier than the things in A Quiet Place. Fast as ****, long range attacks, bullet proof body parts, strong as ****. Shiiieeet. I'm dodging this draft.

They really ditched the future war/worldwide draft angle for this father and daughter save the world story. Then they keep harping on that after getting back in the present talking about go save your daughter like she aint safe at home.

Action was pretty dope. Story was predictable.

The story's time travel rules were lacking though. If they only recruit ppl who are already dead in their future to prevent a paradox that basically hints that if they they'd be changing that person's past cuz they'd still be alive and obviously didn't travel to the future. But then dude is suppose to be sent in the past with the toxin to prevent the war but that future will still be screwed.

:lol: @ the black kid saving the day with volcano knowledge.

A ragtag crew going to Russia to send a toxin to kill some alien monsters stuck in an iceberg that would've took 30 years to melt was some nonsense though. The way they just searched, set off one explosion had an easy entrance in to the ice like it was a cave and found the ship. I couldn't help but think one hydrogen bomb could solve this.

Then to end it with 3 survivors, effectively killing all the future kids in the process just to have this father and dad kill team :lol: Pratt straight up boxing with the monster :rofl: Real cheesey end end :lol:

They introduce the fascinating concept of time paradoxes (sending older people who are already dead into the future and the younger people who aren't born yet into the past) but they never really expand upon it.

The whole idea that the best hope for the future is to send middle-aged people with no training to fight terrifying aliens is asinine. That's really the best plan they can come up with?

99% of those people are literally cannon fodder who die within hours. I'd much rather dodge the draft and go to jail then be sent into the future and get ripped apart by space aliens 😂

The aliens were absolutely terrifying and they did a great job of showing just how defenseless the humans were fighting these things.

With movies like this the most fascinating thing to me is the world of building. The riots on the streets and the people not wanting to go fight makes a lot of sense.

At the end I was thinking there was going to be a twist ending where Chris Pratt's character and his crew are actually the ones who unleash the aliens on the planet in their effort to stop them.

They introduce the fascinating concept of time paradoxes (sending older people who are already dead into the future and the younger people who aren't born yet into the past) but they never really expand upon it.

The whole idea that the best hope for the future is to send middle-aged people with no training to fight terrifying aliens is asinine. That's really the best plan they can come up with?

99% of those people are literally cannon fodder who die within hours. I'd much rather dodge the draft and go to jail then be sent into the future and get ripped apart by space aliens 😂
Yeah, and they wondered why there was a 20% survival rate :lol:

They thought they could get away with 50% of military personnel isn't qualified.

Not to mention barely training the civilians. This is why you see them only go on one mission the whole movie and majority of them die.

The aliens were absolutely terrifying and they did a great job of showing just how defenseless the humans were fighting these things.

With movies like this the most fascinating thing to me is the world of building. The riots on the streets and the people not wanting to go fight makes a lot of sense.
Yeah this and the tease of the time travel reasoning were some of the best parts. They could've done well with expanding the cast a bit to cover the time travel part and the ppl protesting or just use the cast they had better for that.

At the end I was thinking there was going to be a twist ending where Chris Pratt's character and his crew are actually the ones who unleash the aliens on the planet in their effort to stop them.
That would be a crazy unhappy ending :lol: If its one thing I saw where this story was going with how it would end. I just felt they went a bit extra with how much time was left and how they ended.

I'd also suggest:

Picard
Star Trek: Lower Decks
The Good Fight
Evil
The Twilight Zone
No Activity
The Challenge: All Stars
Why Women Kill

Already seen Picard, really like that one. Was hoping season 2 would be released already.

Im all caught up on Evil, lot of people sleeping on this one.

Lower Decks is next if I can bang out Discovery

Back
Top Bottom