Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

lvivf7264h2d1.webp
I've had wings from a dine-in theater, they were actually good.

The episodes just come and go, and lose significance for me. I like the week to week buildup.

But I know other people like to binge episodes.

You don’t have to have a conversation with someone that goes like this:

“You watching Season 2 of The Boys?”
“Yeah, I’m only on episode three though, you?”
“Oh…. five. Well then never mind, I won’t tell you what’s coming up.”

Conversation ENDS.

When it’s week-to-week people can keep up if they want, and you can then have an actual conversation :lol:

It’s better for the show too, keeps it trending in person and on Twitter.

As a binge supporter over the years, i'm leaning more to week to week. Even then I would actively watch the ones i'm most interested in week to week, then have the less interesting ones to binge later, good balance.

Week to week is forced gratification lol. You gotta build your timelines around it. It’s kind of nice to have stuff to look forward to. But when it’s a short episode or a bad episode it’s real bad lol

Just got out of the theater, film was charming as hell.

It had a little bit of the Before Trilogy's DNA which I was not expecting considering the premise of the film.

Powell is a hell of a performer in this, he can do way more than your standard movie action guy.

This is a crowd pleaser that I think will make waves once it makes it onto streaming. I don't think I have seen a Rom Com this good in awhile (if ever)

IMG_8864.jpeg
Sold, can't wait to see it

What’s your logic behind this?
I get both sides... It is nice if you have the time and you can make it a priority and must see TV. So when this comes out all I'll be doing for a few days will be watching The Bear. It makes it kind of like an event for sure. And if it is week to week you can lose track of it. You can fall behind like with X-Men 97. I was like two episodes behind after the first week.

I guess it just makes me think about old school television where you had no other choice and it made week to week more of an event you would spend the whole week thinking about it. Having discussions and conversations rewatching it and so on.

I think my preferred is week to week, but I also know for certain shows once I binge through it I can move on and kind of forget about it rather than stretching it out

Strong binge supporter

Week to week for me is only suited for truly great shows that require consuming everything that happened and taking the time to digest it all. Usually hr long shows.

Last ones that were like that for me was Better Call Saul and Vikings.

Granted I have fell off on my tv watching grind compared to my heyday and my to watch list just keeps growing and growing so I can't say much for many shows being currently discussed.

But to give an example I purposely waited for the majority of X-Men '97 to finish so I could binge it. Same with Invincible (still ain't get to S2).

I wasn't a big fan of Fury Road, it was certainly well done & all but it was two hours of drive West, then East, then West, then East, then West........on the same road.

Furiosa was basically the same but at least not all on one road. Pointless, but various at least. Still wonderfully shot and all that, but your lead actress has like 15-20 minutes of time and even less dialogue. It's a fun action film but it also felt like six hours long driving around in a litter box.
5/8

I saw Furiosa in IMAX last night. Good movie but I just felt it kind of dragged at times and just didn't have the epic wow moments compared to Fury Road when I caught that 9 years ago in IMAX at a theater back then.

Last edited:
As a binge supporter over the years, i'm leaning more to week to week. Even then I would actively watch the ones i'm most interested in week to week, then have the less interesting ones to binge later, good balance.

EYE am a binge guy myself.

That said XM97 wouldn't have hit the same if we were able to binge all the episodes.

Imagine going from "Remember It" straight to "Lifedeath Part 2" with no time to process anything.

Hard to imagine theaters struggling again after Barbie/Oppenheimer just last year. (And Maverick in 2021)

I kinda feel like Deadpool 3 will be the true test in July. If that doesn't get close to a billion, then I might get a lil nervous.

(Understand, I saw Furiosa yesterday opening weekend.........3 other people in the 200 seat theater. :frown: )

You don’t have to have a conversation with someone that goes like this:

“You watching Season 2 of The Boys?”
“Yeah, I’m only on episode three though, you?”
“Oh…. five. Well then never mind, I won’t tell you what’s coming up.”

Conversation ENDS.

When it’s week-to-week people can keep up if they want, and you can then have an actual conversation :lol:

It’s better for the show too, keeps it trending in person and on Twitter.

Yeah you can’t really have a conversation with anyone with binge shows. You just watch it, then ask a person if they’ve seen it or not. End of convo. No theories, no speculation.

I’ve missed the week long wait. But if I don’t plan on talking with anyone in the internet or in person about the show, then please release everything all at once for ME :lol:

I don't think Furiosa/Mad Max resonates with general audiences. Frankly, I'm more surprised at Garfield at not doing well either, but does that resonate with today's kids?

Back
Top Bottom