Oh so this is disrespectful? Vol. Seriously old people?

It's a stupid tradition left over from the Middle Ages that people blindly believe in until somebody calls them on why they believe it...then they don't have a real answer. There are a lot of those in society...but @%%% it, I rock my fitted anywhere.

Oh, and I'm with everybody else, why the leather fitted
laugh.gif

This actually has roots in Christianity and the bible. Men were to remove their hats when going into church as a sign of respect for god. Women were to keep their heads covered. The practice just kind of evolved into taking your hat off indoors as a sign of respect and reverence.

I am with you. I have never understood how waring a hat indoors is disrespectful.
And the worst part about it is, they have no problem if a woman wears a hat indoors, but if a man does it, it is considered disrespect.

And if you ask them how it is disrespectful, they never have an answer besides it is "proper" to take your hat off.

IMO, if you cannot tell me why something is disrespectful to you, then I am not disrespecting you.

This actually has roots in Christianity and the bible. Men were to remove their hats when going into church as a sign of respect for god. Women were to keep their heads covered. The practice just kind of evolved into taking your hat off indoors as a sign of respect and reverence.

I am with you. I have never understood how waring a hat indoors is disrespectful.
And the worst part about it is, they have no problem if a woman wears a hat indoors, but if a man does it, it is considered disrespect.

And if you ask them how it is disrespectful, they never have an answer besides it is "proper" to take your hat off.

IMO, if you cannot tell me why something is disrespectful to you, then I am not disrespecting you.

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

Bingo.
pimp.gif
Especially women being able to wear whatever the hell they want to. Don't let me get started on them and their lack of dress code but men on the other hand, lets not go there.

Bingo.
pimp.gif
Especially women being able to wear whatever the hell they want to. Don't let me get started on them and their lack of dress code but men on the other hand, lets not go there.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Bingo.
pimp.gif

I wasn't allowed to wear hats indoors in HS. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Bingo.
pimp.gif

I wasn't allowed to wear hats indoors in HS. 

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

"Yea, and God spoke unto Moses, take thee off thy Yankees fitted...you stand on holy ground..."

"Yea, and God spoke unto Moses, take thee off thy Yankees fitted...you stand on holy ground..."

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

It's been like that for decades. These old ppl with those traditions and rules are about to all die soon anyway.

I will say in college wearing hat in class is never a problem.

one professor had an issue. its just a rule that they have in THEIR classroom. no i dont see the point, but i respect it.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

It's been like that for decades. These old ppl with those traditions and rules are about to all die soon anyway.

I will say in college wearing hat in class is never a problem.

one professor had an issue. its just a rule that they have in THEIR classroom. no i dont see the point, but i respect it.

Originally Posted by potus2028

"and Noah please take off thy fitted, I don't care if you are worried about a pigeon crapping in your hair on the ark" -Genesis 6:8

Originally Posted by potus2028

"and Noah please take off thy fitted, I don't care if you are worried about a pigeon crapping in your hair on the ark" -Genesis 6:8

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

How is wearing

or
original-fake-aw09-knit-cap-front.jpg

in

disrespectful?
Who is being offended? Am i a racist because its a black hat?
nerd.gif
whats the problem?
Brand?
nerd.gif

Please respond.
originalfake
^Link

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
sorry about the leather fitted guys, will edit
And my college professor dead %@* put on his syllabus that "Male students will also kindly remove their hats in class."
30t6p3b.gif

One dude said  he wasn't taking his off but the old geezer just
indifferent.gif
him & said take it off or walk, so he took it off

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

How is wearing

or
original-fake-aw09-knit-cap-front.jpg

in

disrespectful?
Who is being offended? Am i a racist because its a black hat?
nerd.gif
whats the problem?
Brand?
nerd.gif

Please respond.
originalfake
^Link

laugh.gif
eyes.gif
sorry about the leather fitted guys, will edit
And my college professor dead %@* put on his syllabus that "Male students will also kindly remove their hats in class."
30t6p3b.gif

One dude said  he wasn't taking his off but the old geezer just
indifferent.gif
him & said take it off or walk, so he took it off

My sociology teacher once asked me to unwrap my dreads in class... I told my teacher, "Um... the whole headdress thing where women get to wear scarves and hats indoors but men can't is a folkway I don't subscribe to."

She never asked me again.

My sociology teacher once asked me to unwrap my dreads in class... I told my teacher, "Um... the whole headdress thing where women get to wear scarves and hats indoors but men can't is a folkway I don't subscribe to."

She never asked me again.

Back
Top Bottom