Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by juicyju

Ibaka gets abused in the post though. He's just a really good help defender, but the spurs play with duncan and 4 shooters.... So what is he good for?

Duncan wasn't even in the post that much. Having him in would have been much more beneficial than Perkins, especially given how often Manu was in the paint. Ibaka didn't see any time in the 4th quarter at all.  because Perkins was on him and wasn't the biggest advantage for the Spurs
I don't mind Brooks trying Ibaka but that wasn't the only adjustment that was needed defensively during tonights game

Lol, you thunder "fans" sound like laker fans right now. They lost a game to a good team and now you want the entire team taken apart. It's one game, it's a young team.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

OKC won't win anything until they get a better coach dude just ain't championship level yet.

people cant keep on blaming the coach for every loss.  Russ and KD know plays but whenever it comes to the 4th quarter they play two man ball and both try to be heroes.  KD can penetrate and dish but he rather take difficult 3s.  

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Your analysis is always terrible.
I assume you were directing that at me, and if you weren't, I'm sorry.
laugh.gif

Perkins/Ibaka were just flustered out there. Tiago would cut to the basket and hardly give the defenders time to react, Duncan would start on the outside and often end up with easy buckets, and Diaw early used his footwork and post-moves to get where he wanted.

Regardless, the Spurs front-line got pretty much what they wanted. Was pretty shocked how well Tiago played.

I'll be damned if Fisher plays like that again though, dude was hitting anything and everything.

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

Lol, you thunder "fans" sound like laker fans right now. They lost a game to a good team and now you want the entire team taken apart. It's one game, it's a young team.

Name one Scott Brooks fan.

Speaking of Laker fan, I've noticed a ton of my fb Lakers friends starting to root for the Heat, Thunder, and even Celtics
laugh.gif

Is that a normal thing to do?? I mean the Kings suck all the time and never make the playoffs and I'm not really rooting for any playoff team in particular
laugh.gif

It's certainly a challenge for Brooks because neither Perkins or Ibaka are reliable post scorers, Russ isn't a veteran pass first PG, and your 3 best players all being perimeter guys.. that will limit your gameplan.

Having said that.. the guy just doesn't seem to even try most of the time. It's get open, drive to the hoop, hope to get fouled... or hit your jumper. Unfortunately, unless they totally implode in the first round next season, I don't see them getting rid of him any time soon. That and not having a go-to post scorer are the two biggest obstacles for OKC.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Scott brooks

You during round1, round 2, and any other game they win.

every single playoff thread the losing team wants the coach fired lol

no coach would have made the lakers beat the thunder
no coach would have made the clippers beat the spurs
no coach will make the thunder beat the spurs
no coach would have made indiana beat the heat

some teams are just better than others and usually the best team wins

You during round1, round 2, and any other game they win.

I doubt it. Even in our wins, we don't run any "offense." It's still just isos, occasional pick and rolls and see what happens, lot of transition and drives, and free throws. Our short game clock or shot clock is especially terrible. We just get lucky because KD is so good and ocassionally (like against the Lakers) makes those shots.

Hypothetically though, I don't know who else is out there. Sloan? If we could get Phil Jackson out of retirement that'd be a dream come true, but obviously not going to happen. Larry Brown, I just imagine he would rub all the players the wrong way like he has every player he coached ever minus Derrick Coleman. Bring someone up from the college rankes like Izzo or SCZSKSKSZWSCZZI?

I guess we'll have to stick with his familiarity for a few more seasons before Presti gets forced to act.

Goes to show you how pathetic the Lakers front line played against OKC.

Whichever team makes more 3s and takes more charges wins.

^^^^

Thats the thing, if not Scott then who? He hasn't don't a bad job at all. He got a top 4 team, maybe better, and has done so in a short time. Bad coach? Don't think so.

One note I took from tonight, this is the finals. Both of these teams are so far ahead of the celtics and heat. Whoever wins this series will sweep the eastern conference. The depth/defense of both teams
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom