Olive 9s holiday 2024

Dicks had the OGs also, at leas t in Syracuse thats where I got mine. The store set up WAY back then was a huge area, bordering all the shoes on wall which were mostly running and hiking, the huge area had wooden shelves about belly high and you could take and try on anyhting and everything, kinda likeba dream come true if you will. They had that set up for the 8s and 9s after that I moved. What I would give for it to still be that way, long long gone are the days

i had a pair of ACG boots that I cleaned up real real good ( wore em about 10 times ) brought them back with receipt, thats how I got mine and might have been the only one copped em, went back a month later and they were on sale for 69.99

Other than the BC 3's THESE are my most wanted of the year hands down

CANT WAIT

Maaaan, I hadn't thought about that Richard's set up in forever haha!

One thing they need to improve with these besides the comfort is the actual olive color. I feel the last retro they looked more brown than olive.

I was just about to post the same. That's the main reason why I will be getting them. The last retro I copped because I always loved the color and they were limited. But, upon receiving them, I noticed the olive was wayyyy lighter than the og's.

20240308_132640.jpg

I was just about to post the same. That's the main reason why I will be getting them. The last retro I copped because I always loved the color and they were limited. But, upon receiving them, I noticed the olive was wayyyy lighter than the og's.

20240308_132640.jpg
Exactly! But your pair looks amazing! They held up well over all these years!

Last edited:
IMG_9033.jpeg

My 2012 “B grades” are still crispy but that leather blows and the color isn’t olive so there’s definitely that to fix. At least the powders tell us the shape will be better. I’ll report back on comfort of those next week when they arrive.

What made your pair b grades?
Nothing that I know of. There’s no flaws on the shoes but they’re stamped B grade.

That release never fully materialized and Nike sent a bunch of pairs to outlets after everyone was like “wtf, how are there no pairs of this shoe to buy anywhere?”

I think it was even posted on NT and I called the Salt Lake City outlet and phone ordered. Besides the box I don’t think there was any difference.

Nothing that I know of. There’s no flaws on the shoes but they’re stamped B grade.

That release never fully materialized and Nike sent a bunch of pairs to outlets after everyone was like “wtf, how are there no pairs of this shoe to buy anywhere?”

I think it was even posted on NT and I called the Salt Lake City outlet and phone ordered. Besides the box I don’t think there was any difference.
Yeah, I remember the last retro of the Olives being super limited but I always thought it was just a ploy for people to buy the sneaker that probably woulda otherwise sat on shelves.

Yeah, I remember the last retro of the Olives being super limited but I always thought it was just a ploy for people to buy the sneaker that probably woulda otherwise sat on shelves.
I don’t think it was a ploy at all. They sold hundreds if not thousands of pairs for $20 under retail through outlets after the fact which doesn’t seem like a smart ploy to me 😂

Maybe they lost a lot of stock and marked what was left from that factory run as B grade?

I don’t think it was a ploy at all. They sold hundreds if not thousands of pairs for $20 under retail through outlets after the fact which doesn’t seem like a smart ploy to me 😂

Maybe they lost a lot of stock and marked what was left from that factory run as B grade?
Lol my bad this is all news to me but what you say is generally very accurate so I wouldn't be surprised.

Lol my bad this is all news to me but what you say is generally very accurate so I wouldn't be surprised.
Nothing to feel bad about. If you were one of the lucky few who got a pair from that small release you probably moved on and forgot all about it.

I remember it cause it’s still one of the most disappointing retro releases to me. Hopefully they dial this one in. Powders give me hope they care to do it right

Nothing to feel bad about. If you were one of the lucky few who got a pair from that small release you probably moved on and forgot all about it.

I remember it cause it’s still one of the most disappointing retro releases to me. Hopefully they dial this one in. Powders give me hope they care to do it right
I actually copped mine from Eastbay when it was a thing where mashing on your size in hope that it adds to cart! Had to sell em eventually though mainly because they were unbearable to wear on feet for me

Exactly. Those were the years JB threw on garbage pleather on their kicks. Another one that was awful was the Orion 7's super plastic leather and terrible craftmanship on the paint job of the side mountain peaks.
Haha I had the orions. Couldn’t even sell em for awhile and then suddenly they were going bonkers in 2014. $300? Gladly, get them out of sight forever! White/Red 14’s were another one with terrible leather and atrocious paint work from that period and I recall the FR 5’s in 2012 being hard plastic too. I don’t know why we put up with any of those shoes to begin with

Haha I had the orions. Couldn’t even sell em for awhile and then suddenly they were going bonkers in 2014. $300? Gladly, get them out of sight forever! White/Red 14’s were another one with terrible leather and atrocious paint work from that period and I recall the FR 5’s in 2012 being hard plastic too. I don’t know why we put up with any of those shoes to begin with
Lol I copped the Orions on sale and even then I kinda felt guilty. They quickly became a pair of beaters until they fell apart then just trashed em. I havent owned any 14s besides last shots but the leather did look bad on those white/red 14s and yes all 5's had some trash leather as well during those years. They actually hurt my feet when they would crease of how plasticy they felt.

Yep. That's the story. For some odd reason Nike stamped all of them B grade......but nothing was wrong with them from the "eye test." I got my pair shipped from an outlet store as well when they would do phone orders. I probably wore these 3 or 4 times in that time frame.

PXL_20240319_221310841.jpg
Paid a whole dollar for these about ten years back at our neighbors garage sale. The midsoles were in excellent condition till I got a hold of em. Got em only due to them being original. You touch the midsoles on these too much, this is what they end up looking like .

Back
Top Bottom