OMG THEY'RE LEAKEDDD

Originally Posted by shatrddreams

ok for me i feel like the shoe's aesthetics are important, but however we must remember what this shoe is intended to do... it's a basketball shoe... it's purpose is first and foremost to perform to high standards on the basketball court. personally i think that if a shoe performs to a higher level in basketball, they are automatically that much more appealing. Secondly, the aesthetics of a shoe come into play such as what color-ways go well together and the way the shoe looks and all that. honestly if i had to choose a good looking basketball shoe that was crappy in performance (blisters, sprained ankles, poor grip, cutting into the achilles) or a uglier shoe with better performance, then i would always choose the better performing shoe. At the end of the day no matter what, the XXIII is a basketball shoe with the purpose to perform on the court, then looking good while performing is really up to the baller, if you can't look good on the court it doesn't really matter what shoe you are wearing. then if you are truly a baller, it wont matter what shoe you are wearing either, you'd look great playing in anything. thats the way i see it.
for me it never matters where i go to play, i let my game speak for itself and when it does then it easily wins over the respect and i could be wearing the ugliest shoes on the court but my games the cleanest and thats all that matters. for those of you that can't ball and you feel like the only shot you have at looking great on the court is in some flashy shoes... trust me when i say this, its easy to tell who's a baller and who's not and its not by the shoes.
and btw i personally think the XXIII aren't that bad looking...
Very well said.

There still aright to me. I probably copp myself a bred colorways pair when they hit the sale racks.

Originally Posted by shatrddreams

ok for me i feel like the shoe's aesthetics are important, but however we must remember what this shoe is intended to do... it's a basketball shoe... it's purpose is first and foremost to perform to high standards on the basketball court. personally i think that if a shoe performs to a higher level in basketball, they are automatically that much more appealing. Secondly, the aesthetics of a shoe come into play such as what color-ways go well together and the way the shoe looks and all that. honestly if i had to choose a good looking basketball shoe that was crappy in performance (blisters, sprained ankles, poor grip, cutting into the achilles) or a uglier shoe with better performance, then i would always choose the better performing shoe. At the end of the day no matter what, the XXIII is a basketball shoe with the purpose to perform on the court, then looking good while performing is really up to the baller, if you can't look good on the court it doesn't really matter what shoe you are wearing. then if you are truly a baller, it wont matter what shoe you are wearing either, you'd look great playing in anything. thats the way i see it.
for me it never matters where i go to play, i let my game speak for itself and when it does then it easily wins over the respect and i could be wearing the ugliest shoes on the court but my games the cleanest and thats all that matters. for those of you that can't ball and you feel like the only shot you have at looking great on the court is in some flashy shoes... trust me when i say this, its easy to tell who's a baller and who's not and its not by the shoes.
and btw i personally think the XXIII aren't that bad looking...

Please cut that out. Jordan Brand does not do everything they can to make a great performing shoe. They care about looks just as much, if not more thanperformance. The 21s and 22s are boots, those things are heavy and the ventilation in the 21s is non-existant. The 21s also have unnecessary crap like a magneton the tongue and removable insoles that are pretty pointless. Lets not forget about the lace covers on the 18s and 19s, plain old laces without a cover isbetter for performance. The 2k4 and 2k5 were shoes that cared about performance. They had minimal, but supportive uppers, great traction and stability and werelightweight. I would say the Kobes and the new BBs strive for performance much more than any new Jordans do. Jordans are not the pinnacle of basketballperformance shoes anymore. They are a status symbol. Youre talking as if people actually go out and buy the new jordans and take them straight to the gym. Thatrarely happens.
As far as how these pics look. In my opinion, the shoe does not look too bad.

ugh, looks like the XIX will be the last new jordan i will ever buy. hideous sneakers, i feel for you kids

I'll wait for better pics. Until then,

ugh
sick.gif

No, they don't remind me anything of the dub zeros. I did not like those.

These are, however, Classic, the love hate talk is very reminiscent of past jordans such as the carmine VI back in the day. This only affirms what a great shoethis will be. I'm looking forward to release date, this may be the only signature Jordan shoe I keep since the white/caroline XV.

All haters need to consider the two inspirations put into the design. Native-American culture and Jordan Motorsport racing. That's a pretty hardcombination to put into a shoe. And if any of you guys can make it look better, please send me pics cuz I don't believe it. The shoe has grown on me sincethe first pics leaked. But to those who dislike, credit has to be given. The finished product didn't come out that bad. It could be WAY worse!

SMH @ people juding a BASKETBALL shoe by its casual appeal.
SMH @ people judging people that judge a basketball shoe by its casual appeal like most people wear them for more than being cool and/or casualwear. Hell you think MJ make them in baby sizes for so they can hit the courts at 1 or 2yrs old?

what the heck kind of bottom is that? it looks like someone stepped in wet cement, just terrible from these pics.

hopefully the small pictures are deceiving, VERY DECEIVING!

People. These are going to be $185. Only the limited editions will be $230.

^^stickinkicks. The sole is supposed to resemble MJ's thumbprint.

i think JB is a lil scared to take it back to the 90's designs with this one...the 90's is what made JB what they aretoday..end it the way it started...original.

AJ 23...my rating? so far...6.2/10. The toe-box is nice. The uppers has a design that really wouldnt describe a classical ending...more like a tragicmis-hap.

Back
Top Bottom