One of the most blatantly racist things I've seen on TV Vol. SMDH

laugh.gif
Just got finished from reading the rest of the responses from last night
laugh.gif

And to answer proper english, if you've ever taken a Black studies class this question comes up all the time.
The key thing in America is that it is the majority vs. the minority. It is much more harmful when the majority criticizes (or in this case makes fun of) the minority then vice versa. Yes, it is absolutely a double standard.

Do you think in 2011 white actors would be able to dress up in Black face and act a fool on camera for the sake of comedy? No, because when the majority does this to the minority the effects are substantial. On the other side of the coin, the Marlon bros did the same thing in White Chicks, but that does not hold the same effect as it does with Black face. YES it is a double standard, but you cannot deny that the effects are not the same.

I don't have all the answers to race issues in America, but in short that is the difference.

EDIT: I've always posted on NT how the Chappelle show was one of the biggest and most lauded shows of ****ery and ignorance on TV, hell even Dave realized it and left the show. I even got flamed for that opinion too
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Just got finished from reading the rest of the responses from last night
laugh.gif

And to answer proper english, if you've ever taken a Black studies class this question comes up all the time.
The key thing in America is that it is the majority vs. the minority. It is much more harmful when the majority criticizes (or in this case makes fun of) the minority then vice versa. Yes, it is absolutely a double standard.

Do you think in 2011 white actors would be able to dress up in Black face and act a fool on camera for the sake of comedy? No, because when the majority does this to the minority the effects are substantial. On the other side of the coin, the Marlon bros did the same thing in White Chicks, but that does not hold the same effect as it does with Black face. YES it is a double standard, but you cannot deny that the effects are not the same.

I don't have all the answers to race issues in America, but in short that is the difference.

EDIT: I've always posted on NT how the Chappelle show was one of the biggest and most lauded shows of ****ery and ignorance on TV, hell even Dave realized it and left the show. I even got flamed for that opinion too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

So we all agree, racism is bad, but OP was sensitive?

/thread

Basically. Chappelle makes fun of white people, hilarious. South Park makes fun of Asians, Canadians, black people, and Middle Eastern people.. Hilarious. Boondocks... Hell you already know. Tosh does it, he's a racist and your feelings are suddenly hurt. I lol at every post like this.

Originally Posted by RighteousKungFu

So we all agree, racism is bad, but OP was sensitive?

/thread

Basically. Chappelle makes fun of white people, hilarious. South Park makes fun of Asians, Canadians, black people, and Middle Eastern people.. Hilarious. Boondocks... Hell you already know. Tosh does it, he's a racist and your feelings are suddenly hurt. I lol at every post like this.

Didn't bother to watch since I see it's about Tosh. I always figured he was racist from the commercials for his shows.

Don't find what he does funny in the least. Mind boggling that ppl find him funny.

Didn't bother to watch since I see it's about Tosh. I always figured he was racist from the commercials for his shows.

Don't find what he does funny in the least. Mind boggling that ppl find him funny.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Op probably lives in coffee shops, dates a girl with natural hair that also hates(secretly threatened by white women).

And them and their friends have stimulating conversations on the state of black america and how we're still oppressed.

Then goes to only jill scott/india arie concerts.
wow 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Op probably lives in coffee shops, dates a girl with natural hair that also hates(secretly threatened by white women).

And them and their friends have stimulating conversations on the state of black america and how we're still oppressed.

Then goes to only jill scott/india arie concerts.
wow 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ekon one wrote:
laugh.gif

just wanted to see what your opinion was.. glad you see it this way as well. 

ekon one wrote:
laugh.gif

just wanted to see what your opinion was.. glad you see it this way as well. 

skit/show was/is funny
if this is the most blatantly racist things you've seen on tv, you obviously haven't seen the Chappelle Show.

But im willing to bet that you have and are being hypocritical on the grounds that Dave is black, so he can't be a racist. 

im black if it matters to you, which it shouldn't 

skit/show was/is funny
if this is the most blatantly racist things you've seen on tv, you obviously haven't seen the Chappelle Show.

But im willing to bet that you have and are being hypocritical on the grounds that Dave is black, so he can't be a racist. 

im black if it matters to you, which it shouldn't 

i think daniel tosh is hilarious

i didn't think this segment was that funny, but it wasn't particularly "racist" either

it's no different than a lot of the humor dave chappelle used on his show.
edit: about 100 people already beat me to it in this thread 
laugh.gif

i think daniel tosh is hilarious

i didn't think this segment was that funny, but it wasn't particularly "racist" either

it's no different than a lot of the humor dave chappelle used on his show.
edit: about 100 people already beat me to it in this thread 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sonofsam

this is the equivalent to the chappelle show tho..just the other way around..lol its just jokes man

This...Black ppl so quick to play the race card....smh

Originally Posted by sonofsam

this is the equivalent to the chappelle show tho..just the other way around..lol its just jokes man

This...Black ppl so quick to play the race card....smh

Back
Top Bottom