hzUZk.png

tired.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

remember the Bush monkey pics?
laugh.gif
 Yup
SMH at people getting all bent out of shape over this Obama monkey.  Presidents are suppose to be ridiculed and made fun of.   

THANK YOU... low brow stunts like this is nothing new in the world of politics. 

So you are saying Obama looks like a monkey like Bush did/does? I dont see the similarities. She was clearly comparing him to a monkey because he was black not because he actually had mannerisms like a monkey.

laugh.gif
 Yup
SMH at people getting all bent out of shape over this Obama monkey.  Presidents are suppose to be ridiculed and made fun of.   

So you are saying Obama looks like a monkey like Bush did/does? I dont see the similarities. She was clearly comparing him to a monkey because he was black not because he actually had mannerisms like a monkey.

Savraj1 wrote:
caleekicks wrote:
I hate the OC with a passion. I only step foot there for disneyland.
laugh.gif
 same. Off topic, but aren't the Sacramento kings supposed to move to OC? I hope they stay put, so these racists continue to not have a team to cheer for.

* Apllause Gif*

I couldn't agree more Sacramento deserves that team, its a diverse city with great fans. Just imagining those rich conservitive yuppies cherring makes me sick.
sick.gif

Savraj1 wrote:
caleekicks wrote:
laugh.gif
 same. Off topic, but aren't the Sacramento kings supposed to move to OC? I hope they stay put, so these racists continue to not have a team to cheer for.

* Apllause Gif*

I couldn't agree more Sacramento deserves that team, its a diverse city with great fans. Just imagining those rich conservitive yuppies cherring makes me sick.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I feel like someone is tryna sabotage the republican party
nerd.gif

The tea party makes them look awful
sick.gif
Repubs have been like this for a while now, their base is xenophobic white people, they have been demonizing minorities as a campaign issue for a while now, 1st blacks, then gays, then muslims, now mexicans. I won't say all repub/tea party people are racists but if your a racist chances are your a repub/tea party member

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I feel like someone is tryna sabotage the republican party
nerd.gif

The tea party makes them look awful
sick.gif
Repubs have been like this for a while now, their base is xenophobic white people, they have been demonizing minorities as a campaign issue for a while now, 1st blacks, then gays, then muslims, now mexicans. I won't say all repub/tea party people are racists but if your a racist chances are your a repub/tea party member

Originally Posted by Mojosodope

Savraj1 wrote:
caleekicks wrote:
laugh.gif

* Apllause Gif*

sick.gif

Less Orange County !!@! coming to LA claiming the Clippers and Lakers ftw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mojosodope

Savraj1 wrote:
caleekicks wrote:
laugh.gif

* Apllause Gif*

sick.gif

Less Orange County !!@! coming to LA claiming the Clippers and Lakers ftw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

laugh.gif
 Yup

laugh.gif
 wat. 
in what part of my post did you get that assumption from?

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

laugh.gif
 Yup

laugh.gif
 wat. 
in what part of my post did you get that assumption from?

Can't even get mad at that. How could I let the views of basically modern day KKK members get to me.

Can't even get mad at that. How could I let the views of basically modern day KKK members get to me.

Originally Posted by cguy610

This.

I can't even waste my energy being up set or disappointed because I already know what the deal is.

Originally Posted by cguy610

This.

I can't even waste my energy being up set or disappointed because I already know what the deal is.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Definitely true to an extent, but I wouldn't go as far as to say vastly.

Westminster, Santa Ana, Bolsa, Garden Grove, Fullerton, big portions of Anaheim, etc. 

No he is right. Im from Fullerton.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Westminster, Santa Ana, Bolsa, Garden Grove, Fullerton, big portions of Anaheim, etc. 

No he is right. Im from Fullerton.

No president is above any criticism or ridicule, but that email was meant to cut deeper than just poking fun at the Commander in Chief...

No president is above any criticism or ridicule, but that email was meant to cut deeper than just poking fun at the Commander in Chief...

laugh.gif
 Yup
There is NO comparing the "Bush or Chimp" pics to this given the historical context.  This is racist in its implications and, almost certainly, in its intent.  
I'm disgusted, (though completely unsurprised) that anyone would even attempt to defend it. 

This is just another manifestation of centuries' old White backlash politics.   

As W.E.B. Du Bois wrote in Black Reconstruction in America: 1860-1880,
"The theory of laboring class unity rests upon the assumption that laborers, despite internal jealousies, will unite because of their opposition to exploitation by the capitalists. According to this, even after a part of the poor white laboring class become identified with the planters, and eventually displaced them, their interests would be diametrically opposed to those of the mass of white labor, and of course to those of the black laborers. They would throw white and black labor into one class, and precipitate a united fight for higher wage and better working conditions. 
Most persons do not realize how far this failed to work in the South, and it failed to work because the theory of race was supplemented by a carefully planned and slowly evolved method, which drove such a wedge between the white and black workers that there probably are not today in the world two groups of workers with practically identical interests who hate and fear each other so deeply and persistently and who are kept so far apart that neither sees anything of common interest.  

It must be remembered that the white group of laborers, while they received a low wage, were compensated in part by a sort of public and psychological wage. They were given public deference and titles of courtesy because they were white. They were admitted freely with all classes of white people to public functions, public parks, and the best schools. The police were drawn from their ranks, and the courts, dependent upon their votes, treated them with such leniency as to encourage lawlessness. Their vote selected public officials, and while this had small effect upon the economic situation, it had great effect upon their personal treatment and the deference shown them. White schoolhouses were the best in the community, and conspicuously placed, and they cost anywhere from twice to ten times as much per capita as the colored schools. The newspapers specialized on news that flattered the poor whites and almost utterly ignored the Negro except in crime and ridicule.  

On the other hand, in the same way, the Negro was subject to public insult; was afraid of mobs; was liable to the jibes of children and the unreasoning fears of white women; and was compelled almost continuously to submit to various badges of inferiority. The result of this was that the wages of both classes could be kept low, the whites fearing to be supplanted by Negro labor, the Negroes always being threatened by the substitution of white labor.  

Mob violence and lynching were the inevitable result of the attitude of these two classes and for a time were a sort of permissible Roman holiday for the entertainment of vicious whites. One can see for these reasons why labor organizers and labor agitators made such small headway in the South. They were, for the most part, appealing to laborers who would rather have low wages upon which they could eke out an existence than see colored labor with a decent wage. "  

Tell me that's not still largely accurate.  

That's what this is about.  It's a transparent ploy to exploit working class White voters.  You're not getting paid jack. You feel like garbage because you can't provide for your family. Your real wages have been dropping for years. You have less job security today than ever before. That doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon and the left has no immediate relief for you in that regard - they're still beholden to free trade and globalism, after all, and they still demonstrate enough fealty to corporate America to avoid a guaranteed wage or anything that might raise the floor. Now "they" (condescending elitist liberal intellectuals conveniently symbolized by a racialized other) want to take away the only perks you have. They don't want you to be proud to be American. They don't want your religion to govern the country. They don't want you to be proud of being White. The only satisfaction you have is in the knowledge that you're not at the bottom of society. You work. You're not on welfare. You're White. You were born in the USA and you're a legal citizen. They want to bring those people, who were beneath you, up to your level. That scares the hell out of people. If you have ten dollars, I have five dollars, and Sam Walton has 20 billion dollars, you'd rather keep things the same than for each of us to have 15 dollars (and expect Sam Walton to live with a meager 19.9 billion.)   

And the truly pitiful thing is that it's working nearly as well today just as it did over 200 years ago.

laugh.gif
 Yup
There is NO comparing the "Bush or Chimp" pics to this given the historical context.  This is racist in its implications and, almost certainly, in its intent.  
I'm disgusted, (though completely unsurprised) that anyone would even attempt to defend it. 

This is just another manifestation of centuries' old White backlash politics.   

As W.E.B. Du Bois wrote in Black Reconstruction in America: 1860-1880,
"The theory of laboring class unity rests upon the assumption that laborers, despite internal jealousies, will unite because of their opposition to exploitation by the capitalists. According to this, even after a part of the poor white laboring class become identified with the planters, and eventually displaced them, their interests would be diametrically opposed to those of the mass of white labor, and of course to those of the black laborers. They would throw white and black labor into one class, and precipitate a united fight for higher wage and better working conditions. 
Most persons do not realize how far this failed to work in the South, and it failed to work because the theory of race was supplemented by a carefully planned and slowly evolved method, which drove such a wedge between the white and black workers that there probably are not today in the world two groups of workers with practically identical interests who hate and fear each other so deeply and persistently and who are kept so far apart that neither sees anything of common interest.  

It must be remembered that the white group of laborers, while they received a low wage, were compensated in part by a sort of public and psychological wage. They were given public deference and titles of courtesy because they were white. They were admitted freely with all classes of white people to public functions, public parks, and the best schools. The police were drawn from their ranks, and the courts, dependent upon their votes, treated them with such leniency as to encourage lawlessness. Their vote selected public officials, and while this had small effect upon the economic situation, it had great effect upon their personal treatment and the deference shown them. White schoolhouses were the best in the community, and conspicuously placed, and they cost anywhere from twice to ten times as much per capita as the colored schools. The newspapers specialized on news that flattered the poor whites and almost utterly ignored the Negro except in crime and ridicule.  

On the other hand, in the same way, the Negro was subject to public insult; was afraid of mobs; was liable to the jibes of children and the unreasoning fears of white women; and was compelled almost continuously to submit to various badges of inferiority. The result of this was that the wages of both classes could be kept low, the whites fearing to be supplanted by Negro labor, the Negroes always being threatened by the substitution of white labor.  

Mob violence and lynching were the inevitable result of the attitude of these two classes and for a time were a sort of permissible Roman holiday for the entertainment of vicious whites. One can see for these reasons why labor organizers and labor agitators made such small headway in the South. They were, for the most part, appealing to laborers who would rather have low wages upon which they could eke out an existence than see colored labor with a decent wage. "  

Tell me that's not still largely accurate.  

That's what this is about.  It's a transparent ploy to exploit working class White voters.  You're not getting paid jack. You feel like garbage because you can't provide for your family. Your real wages have been dropping for years. You have less job security today than ever before. That doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon and the left has no immediate relief for you in that regard - they're still beholden to free trade and globalism, after all, and they still demonstrate enough fealty to corporate America to avoid a guaranteed wage or anything that might raise the floor. Now "they" (condescending elitist liberal intellectuals conveniently symbolized by a racialized other) want to take away the only perks you have. They don't want you to be proud to be American. They don't want your religion to govern the country. They don't want you to be proud of being White. The only satisfaction you have is in the knowledge that you're not at the bottom of society. You work. You're not on welfare. You're White. You were born in the USA and you're a legal citizen. They want to bring those people, who were beneath you, up to your level. That scares the hell out of people. If you have ten dollars, I have five dollars, and Sam Walton has 20 billion dollars, you'd rather keep things the same than for each of us to have 15 dollars (and expect Sam Walton to live with a meager 19.9 billion.)   

And the truly pitiful thing is that it's working nearly as well today just as it did over 200 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom