"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

had a sample pair i was able to wear test and think it is a good shoe for those that need stability and want to have something a bit more lightweight and used to pick up the pace.

even though i don't need the extra stability shoe, it still worked pretty well for my use case as a daily trainer and the PWRRUN PB felt pretty good, but unless a stability shoe is a must, still think having a triumph/speed rotation is the way to go

I'm of the type where if I run too much in race shoes, I start to feel it sometimes in my ankles and arches. I think this would be a good option when I get achy or maybe a long run where my form might start to break down as fatigue sets in.

I'm of the type where if I run too much in race shoes, I start to feel it sometimes in my ankles and arches. I think this would be a good option when I get achy or maybe a long run where my form might start to break down as fatigue sets in.

yeah the plate doesn't feel so great on the feet if i wear it too often and can feel my body taking a pounding sometimes since they usually do make me push myself to go harder during my runs but i guess you can say the tempus is a good balance especially since it also uses the guidesole rocker to keep you moving forward. honestly this is what i kinda wished the shift was, using the PWRRUN PB midsole instead of the regular PWRRUN

The Tempus is live on Saucony.com if anyone is interested in a PWRRUN PB trainer with a bit more stability. I remember a few posters here were excited about it.

Ordered a pair in blue today. I have pretty flat feet so I always wear stability trainers. Looking forward to seeing if these are game changers in the stability world or not.

Ordered a pair in blue today. I have pretty flat feet so I always wear stability trainers. Looking forward to seeing if these are game changers in the stability world or not.
Let us know how they work for you!

88BBDB17-CD57-4480-9D8E-FE4BBD213E90.jpeg
21302C73-F935-49AD-943F-27CCFE39C2AA.jpeg

These came in the mail, got one super quick, short run in em, and not too shabby overall. First pair of ON, and they felt pretty good. Going to get a bit more time with them today to compare them to the rest of my running shoe family.
How do they feel compared to your other running shoes?

I’ve frequently refreshed the Sky+ page in hopes my size would pop up. Now, ASICS has them as “coming soon”. A restock is just around the corner.

Supercomp trainer out now, anyone tried yet? that high stack height kind of scares me off lol

Is it out in the US?
Is it not out there as well? Then must be just here in uk. Wish they’d just release things across the world at the same time.

Magic speed 2 does look good. Hoping we will see it or the Novablast 3 this month 🤞

Saucony has some competition in the plated daily genre! And they’re called the “Speed” too! :emoji_sweat_smile:

Definitely scooping up at least one pair of Magic Speed 2s! Both Ekiden cws and the mostly Volt cw have my attention. We probably won’t see the Ekidens until December. Also knowing ASICS, there’ll probably be only about 6-8 cws for both Men and Women. :/

B26D9786-ACB4-4A33-B2DA-12F4136FF678.jpeg

67B43823-FC41-4F15-9948-F69047C1167D.jpeg

BEB07CFB-C0D1-4A8E-B3EF-0DE0B71B0B5C.jpeg

asics really not disappointing this year especially with them being the sponsor for the world championships later this month

Let us know how they work for you!

Got them yesterday and wore them around the house all day today. I already like them a lot. The stability offered seems to be on par with the other max stability offerings. The cushioning is very good and springier then anything I've had before. These come on a pretty wide base, which I like and the forefoot is plenty roomy. I don't have wide feet but I appreciate the extra room. Midfoot and heel lockdown are good for me. Overall, the biggest thing that will set these apart from all other stability shoes is the weight...these are considerably lighter than anything I've ever had. I actually have a pair of the Brooks Glycerin GTS 20 that I had for immediate comparison and those feel like tanks compared to the Tempus, so I'll defintiely be sending those back. I plan on doing a run tomorrow to test them out more. Hopefully this shoe leads to other brands offering a stability shoe using their top of the line foams.

EDIT: I did about 5 miles this morning and I absolutely love the Tempus! It will definitely be my go to trainer for the foreseeable future. If you need a stability shoe, definitely check these out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom