"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

and speaking of metaspeeds, whats the difference between the SKY and EDGE and why are they both $250? its not enough they have similar names and practically identical looks, they got to match the price too?

1632079779949.png

1632079787201.png

dont even know how much BS are in these descriptions but one is for people who run on cadence while the other is for stride?

The METASPEED™ Sky racing shoe moves you towards a sound mind and a new personal best. It's designed to help you go faster by extending your stride length. Stride-style runners take a longer stride once they start increasing their speed, but their cadence primarily remains consistent. Thanks to an energetic midsole foam and a propulsive carbon plate, runners wearing these shoes will be able to conserve more energy while maintaining their pace at the later stages of the race.

The METASPEED™ Edge racing shoe moves you towards a sound mind and new personal best. It helps you go faster by extending your stride length while allowing you to control your pace more easily. Cadence-style runners change cadence easier as they run faster. Runners wearing these shoes will be able to start fast and finish faster, thanks to the energetic midsole foam and a propulsive carbon plate. These components allow them to elongate their stride and conserve more energy while controlling their pace.
More like a 4% and Next% but I’m SMH at why they chose the same CW for both.

More like a 4% and Next% but I’m SMH at why they chose the same CW for both.

They should've used a different upper too, so it would be easier to distinguish one from the other. Saucony did the something similar with the EPro1s and Speed1s. At least Saucony placed branding on the upper, so you could tell the difference. They also used similar cws for both models, but different colorblocking was used.

They should've used a different upper too, so it would be easier to distinguish one from the other. Saucony did the something similar with the EPro1s and Speed1s. At least Saucony placed branding on the upper, so you could tell the difference. They also used similar cws for both models, but different colorblocking was used.
Yeah but at least the Pro and Speed have different plates and price points.

i mean joking about it is cool and all but y’all gotta remember with the new rules that brands gotta make these different variations available to the public, no more athlete specific/prototypes used on races anymore

i mean joking about it is cool and all but y’all gotta remember with the new rules that brands gotta make these different variations available to the public, no more athlete specific/prototypes used on races anymore
The rules were revised again to allow prototypes in most events.

it really is just lack of capable designers, i mean i get it, they wanna be focused on the performance but there also a lot of people out there that would run in ultraboost/nmd or off white vapoflies because they want a good looking shoes too and when they get lazy like that, then you just know they dont have the right people

nike does the same thing with the color schemes but you can tell which is which in their line-up, they got people that can design shoes but also those with keen eye for mixing colorways

1632095901173.jpeg

Anybody have the brooks Aurora BL ? Just ordered a pair today and wondering what I’m in store for

did you run in the Boston’s before the 10? Funny to me how it’s been such a polarizing shoe for those with history running in Adidas

it just seems like a lot of the disappointment from many comes from how the 10 isn’t like you’re traditional boston and also due to the midsole being really firm when most brands have been pushing softer foams

did you run in the Boston’s before the 10? Funny to me how it’s been such a polarizing shoe for those with history running in Adidas
I have a pair of Boston 9s that I don't run in much because I've been tending to gravitate to more cushioned shoes. When the photos of the 10 came out, I was stoked to see adidas add a lot more cushioning and newer technologies to the shoe. It also looks great. But like many have said, it's firmer than I would have expected given the stack and addition of lightstrike pro and it's over 2 oz. heavier than the 9. The carbitex plate in the heel seems unnecessary for stability purposes (at least for overpronators) as the lighstrike is already firm and the heel bevel helps counteract inward rolling. The carbitex also contributes to reduced step in comfort and a firmer feeling ride since they placed it directly under the strobel and then used a really thin sockliner. Although I've been only wearing them for casual the last couple months, I haven't given up on the 10 yet. In fact, I just picked up a set of inov-8 boomerang footbeds to see if they will change the feel enough for me to want to wear these for running.

Anybody have the brooks Aurora BL ? Just ordered a pair today and wondering what I’m in store for

It has good review from few vloggers. Robbie from Believe In the run said Aurora BL is what Nike Invincible should be. The price point is what makes me hesitant getting them. Might get them if there are any coupons or price goes down.

I have a pair of Boston 9s that I don't run in much because I've been tending to gravitate to more cushioned shoes. When the photos of the 10 came out, I was stoked to see adidas add a lot more cushioning and newer technologies to the shoe. It also looks great. But like many have said, it's firmer than I would have expected given the stack and addition of lightstrike pro and it's over 2 oz. heavier than the 9. The carbitex plate in the heel seems unnecessary for stability purposes (at least for overpronators) as the lighstrike is already firm and the heel bevel helps counteract inward rolling. The carbitex also contributes to reduced step in comfort and a firmer feeling ride since they placed it directly under the strobel and then used a really thin sockliner. Although I've been only wearing them for casual the last couple months, I haven't given up on the 10 yet. In fact, I just picked up a set of inov-8 boomerang footbeds to see if they will change the feel enough for me to want to wear these for running.
Have you tried the Currex Run Pro Low?

Back
Top Bottom