"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

1594392057515.png

1594392082503.png

1594392123413.png

1594392148519.png

1594392231720.png

1594392352841.png

Impression by @benjohnson763 on IG about Hoka Clifton Edge

just got the novablast and looking forward to running in em and rincons my go to the past few months and they finally started discounting them so i might get another pair as back up

C2201D28-31D1-4A14-9E32-7138AED8FB6D.jpeg

im gunnin for the blk/gold endorphin speeds... like i said in the other thread, get them cw's out there and you get customers looking forward to your products, get more eyes into it because id be posting and talking about it on NT

im a suckah for blk/gold combo

Good idea to start this rfx45 rfx45 !

So what's everyones brand of the year so far when it comes to running shoes?

new balance killed 2019 and seem to be going strong this first half but looking forward to what they have in stored for the RC, rebel 2 and beacon 3

asics has been moving in the right direct with their glide series and the novablast so looking forward to the metaracer and how it performs

adidas has been a bit of a letdown with their release approach towards the adizero/adios pro so far but like where they're going with implementing lightstrike and boost

but going to give saucony the crown right now with winning 2020. endorphin series is great, triumph and kinvara are great shoes to have in the rotation and looking forward to trying out the ride 13 with all the good reviews its received so far

want to give input on brooks and hoka, but haven't really tried running in any of them, but all this is just my opinion and look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks

Impression by @benjohnson763 on IG about Hoka Clifton Edge

I have these and...honestly, I'm underwhelmed, especially for the pricepoint ($160). I think most people are going to be better off with the Rincon or Clifton. They look nice but feel like a clunky, heavier Rincon with overbuilt midsole/outsole.

im gunnin for the blk/gold endorphin speeds... like i said in the other thread, get them cw's out there and you get customers looking forward to your products, get more eyes into it because id be posting and talking about it on NT

im a suckah for blk/gold combo
I don't even know you but can almost guarantee you will enjoy the Speed. That's how good they are!

new balance killed 2019 and seem to be going strong this first half but looking forward to what they have in stored for the RC, rebel 2 and beacon 3

asics has been moving in the right direct with their glide series and the novablast so looking forward to the metaracer and how it performs

adidas has been a bit of a letdown with their release approach towards the adizero/adios pro so far but like where they're going with implementing lightstrike and boost

but going to give saucony the crown right now with winning 2020. endorphin series is great, triumph and kinvara are great shoes to have in the rotation and looking forward to trying out the ride 13 with all the good reviews its received so far

want to give input on brooks and hoka, but haven't really tried running in any of them, but all this is just my opinion and look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks
Agreed. Saucony is my #1, but I'd have Asics #2 and NB #3. Other than the meh Clifton Edge and bizarre TenNine, Hoka has mainly stuck to incremental upper updates for their road shoes this year [edit: I want to check out the Rocket X when it eventually comes out again]. Haven't tried Brooks' offerings yet, but have been tempted to try the Hyperion Tempo. Also, have never tried Skechers (just can't get myself to do it despite the rave reviews).

Agreed. Saucony is my #1, but I'd have Asics #2 and NB #3. Other than the meh Clifton Edge and bizarre TenNine, Hoka has mainly stuck to incremental upper updates for their road shoes this year [edit: I want to check out the Rocket X when it eventually comes out again]. Haven't tried Brooks' offerings yet, but have been tempted to try the Hyperion Tempo. Also, have never tried Skechers (just can't get myself to do it despite the rave reviews).

haha my ranking is actually the same as your's in terms of 1-3, just had each brand listed out and my thoughts on each

just curious, where would you rank nike if we had to put it into the mix? i know we still have the tempos and there's the VF/AF, but i haven't really picked up anything other than the infinity reacts this year from them since there are so many better options out there

I'd put Nike in 4th for the AF and Infinity and possibly Tempo. Infinity is somehow still my favorite shoe of 2020. Just ran in them on Wednesday after maybe 3 weeks off in which I ran in Endorphin Pros and Speeds, Triumph 17, Clifton Edge, TC and GlideRides and it reminded me just how much I like the Infinity, even with this golden age of shoes we are currently living in.

I picked up the Saucony Triumph 17 on sale last week and I'm a huge fan of PWRUN+. Upper runs a little warm but given the climate I live in, that's totally fine for me. I'll probably grab a pair of something in the Endorphin lineup later in the summer or into the fall.

Other than that, I'm also just finishing up with a pair of Brooks Glycerin 17. They were really nice when they were new but they've become kind of dull. Outsole still looks great but they just feel dead. At about 500 km.

Going to get a pair of Icebug road shoes for the winter - IceBug NewRun. Anyone have experience with those? They came out last season.

why are the only other cws just on the shift, speed got 2 cw and the pro got one...

How is the fit on the Endorphin Speed compared to gel kayano, gel nimbus, and hoka elevon 2? I'm a size 11.5 in those sneakers mentioned above. I'm thinking about possibly buying those Endorphin Speeds or going for the Hoka's Carbon X-SPE.

Haven't worn any of the specific models you mention, but if it helps at all, stick to those brands, I wear 9.5 in Speeds, Clifton Edge, Carbon X, Rincon, and GlideRide

Back
Top Bottom