"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

In other pics it says "Kinvara Speed" on the tongue, but the design elements on the upper and midsole are more in line with the Endorphin Speed, so my guess is that they're a proto or sample of the Speed 2. Otherwise, unless there's no plate and/or the foam is something less than Powerrun PB, what's the point of this model?

In other pics it says "Kinvara Speed" on the tongue, but the design elements on the upper and midsole are more in line with the Endorphin Speed, so my guess is that they're a proto or sample of the Speed 2. Otherwise, unless there's no plate and/or the foam is something less than Powerrun PB, what's the point of this model?
does this mid/forefoot stack look to be a bit more than the speed? edit: if so, the drop could be 4mm like the kinvara

Last edited:
The entire midsole looks virtually identical to the current Endorphin Pro and Speed, but the outsole rubber and exposed outsole foam are similar, but different. Also, the mesh upper is textured in a way that looks like it's an iteration of the Speed, especially over the toebox and around the midfoot. It definitely looks iterative of the Speed and not like a completely new model line. But who knows. The way the Endorphins have been selling, Saucony should make all their shoes look like they're part of the Endorphin line.

Does anyone have info on this "prototype" colorway of the Adidas Adios Pro?

Did it just get dropped and they ended up going with the all black upper version that's available now?

The entire midsole looks virtually identical to the current Endorphin Pro and Speed, but the outsole rubber and exposed outsole foam are similar, but different. Also, the mesh upper is textured in a way that looks like it's an iteration of the Speed, especially over the toebox and around the midfoot. It definitely looks iterative of the Speed and not like a completely new model line. But who knows. The way the Endorphins have been selling, Saucony should make all their shoes look like they're part of the Endorphin line.
Even the upper is identical sans a small design change in the back that adds the slightest amount of reinforcement to the heel. The knit otherwise is exact to the ES which is something they changed between all the Endorphin models.
BRM08553.jpg

Even the upper is identical sans a small design change in the back that adds the slightest amount of reinforcement to the heel. The knit otherwise is exact to the ES which is something they changed between all the Endorphin models.
BRM08553.jpg
Yeah, it may even just be a prototype of the current Endorphin Speed...

running the novablast is a blast (yea, i just did that)

comfortable and bouncy and a great everyday shoes, has many parallels with the infinity react

i still prefer the infinity react though, the novablast upper feels overbuilt and old, had they gone more simple and be like the endorphin line for example, it could be even lighter and feel less bulky

the 10mm drop and instability is also a negative, its not the most noticeable thing but once i get tired i tend to start heel striking, it becomes more evident

it does have a more lockdown feel and i include the word feel just because the heel slip on the infinity react is only a feeling and my foot isnt going anywhere once i tie the laces up in that shoe

otherwise its a fun shoe to run in and my legs do not feel too tired and makes me want to run another mile or so in the end similar to the infinity react

28DE38D5-7CD6-4D09-B725-94B25DD81AF8.jpeg

running the novablast is a blast (yea, i just did that)

comfortable and bouncy and a great everyday shoes, has many parallels with the infinity react

i still prefer the infinity react though, the novablast upper feels overbuilt and old, had they gone more simple and be like the endorphin line for example, it could be even lighter and feel less bulky

the 10mm drop and instability is also a negative, its not the most noticeable thing but once i get tired i tend to start heel striking, it becomes more evident

it does have a more lockdown feel and i include the word feel just because the heel slip on the infinity react is only a feeling and my foot isnt going anywhere once i tie the laces up in that shoe

otherwise its a fun shoe to run in and my legs do not feel too tired and makes me want to run another mile or so in the end similar to the infinity react

28DE38D5-7CD6-4D09-B725-94B25DD81AF8.jpeg
It would have been better served with the GlideRide upper which is more snug and yet more comfortable/plush, especially around the heel collar. Also, I have wider feet and even I felt like my feet were swimming in the Nova upper.

via the coupon code thread

The sheerid site that verify ID also had other discounts.

north Face is 50% off
Helly Hansen 50% off
ASICS 60% off
Levi’s 25% off

I haven’t tried yet, but I’d LOVE to get the Metaracers for ~$90 shipped with taxes. I don’t see an exclusion for them on the site... :nerd:

-edit-

Link:

Last edited:
If you happen to have an extra $300 laying around, and don't mind looking ridiculous, Mizuno recently came out with some new technology.

Attachments

• 411235_9090.jpg
    411235_9090.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 138
Just tried one of my ASICS codes. It worked on a pair of NovaBlast, but it only applied 40% off. I emailed the Sheer ID team questioning the 60% offer. Hopefully, they honor it. I only wanted a Kill Bill cw, but with 40 or 60%, I'll purchase the launch Crimson cw too!

Just tried one of my ASICS codes. It worked on a pair of NovaBlast, but it only applied 40% off. I emailed the Sheer ID team questioning the 60% offer. Hopefully, they honor it. I only wanted a Kill Bill cw, but with 40 or 60%, I'll purchase the launch Crimson cw too!
illustrayt illustrayt please update us if they honor the 60%! Thanks

The Kinvara Speed rumor came up I think late 2019? Just doesn't make sense that it would look almost identical to the Endorphin Speed. And the lack of plate seems weird unless it's using a denser, heavier foam like Powerrun+ (which still blows React out of the water). But if it is in fact effectively a plateless Speed with Powerrun+, that would still be a rad daily trainer.

The Kinvara Speed rumor came up I think late 2019? Just doesn't make sense that it would look almost identical to the Endorphin Speed. And the lack of plate seems weird unless it's using a denser, heavier foam like Powerrun+ (which still blows React out of the water). But if it is in fact effectively a plateless Speed with Powerrun+, that would still be a rad daily trainer.

i like where you’re going with that idea for the kinvara.

as cool as a kinvara speed sounds, i kinda like the saucony running lineups the way it current is with the endorphin line covering the shift/speed/pro and the other shoes like with the ride/kinvara/triumph

i like where you’re going with that idea for the kinvara.

as cool as a kinvara speed sounds, i kinda like the saucony running lineups the way it current is with the endorphin line covering the shift/speed/pro and the other shoes like with the ride/kinvara/triumph
Brand of the year!

I recently snagged a pair of Endorphin Shifts but only managed to get one run in before picking up a heel injury (not even sure how it happened; wasn't due to running). There's no way to get around it; the Shift is heavy. But that might be its only obvious flaw. The upper fits and feels nice and the cushioning is just about right for me as an easy/slow day shoe. Not too firm, not too mushy and the hard external heel counter seems to keep the tall midsole nice and stable. The rocker is also noticeable and makes for a smooth transition. Really pleasant shoe to run in. Worth picking up, especially if you can get it below retail.

1595442654700.png

Asics Corp.'s Evoride Orphe smart shoes (Provided by Asics Corp.)

Runners craving advice on how to improve their style and form need look no further than down at their shoes.

Asics Corp. on July 21 began accepting reservations for orders of its new Evoride Orphe “smart shoes,” which feature built-in sensors that offer a visible way for runners to analyze their performance.

Sensors stored inside the soles convert foot movements when running into digital data that reveals the characteristics of the wearer's running style.
A special app for the shoes breaks down the data and provides advice on how runners can adjust their movements and on training programs they can try out.
Asics developed the shoes jointly with no new folk studio Inc., a startup company.

The sporting goods maker is taking reservations for limited quantities of the shoes until Oct. 18 on crowdfunding website Makuake.

A pair outfitted with sensors sells for 31,500 yen ($295), excluding tax. A pair without them are 11,500 yen.

1595442724555.png

Yes they look good. Roadtrailrun are going to review it too. I preferred the Novablast over the infinity react as I had to much heel slip in them and just found the Novablast more responsive. The stableness does improve on the novablast after 30-40 km. Also changing to a firmer insole helps too.
Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom