P. Miller dropping knowledge on Birdman and Lil Wayne

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

my whole thing is that you're comparing a relatively small tat on P's arm to 5 BIG ++# STARS ON A 40 YEAR OLD MANS HEAD...
smh.gif

Your argument is invalid
laugh.gif

It really is. Dude comparing a tatoo that you can't even see when P got a suit on like businessmen wear to a tat that's visible even with a suit on.

For those that don't understand what P is saying just picture Jay-Z with a 5 star tat on his head on tatoo's all over his face. You think that dude is getting invited to the White House?
laugh.gif
 You think Oprah going to the Marcy Projects with the a dude who got tats cover his face? That's all P was saying. He wasn't saying it was bad but you miss out on a lot more than you gain by having those tats.

0000000000h okay. I digg' what you're saying now..

there's nothing to argue, p made sense, simple as that

as far as cash money and no limit tho, they were both wildly successful

nothing to argue there either

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

HarlemOnTheRise is making valid points. Ya'll just not CLEARLY reading what homie is saying...
a lil...but dude said ozzy osborne and gene simmons....those dudes dont have tats on their face, and drum roll please...their white

bottom line wayne shouldnt have put those tatts on his face

someone shud post the video where birdman is talkin to tim westwood and he tells why he gets all the tats, he says its to show ppl u can still be successful and look like a fool....well Birdman sir, ur wrong...everybody doesnt want to do what u do

If those tatts were to EVER become a problem (which I personally don't forsee)...

BOTH Weezy & Birdman have the funds to have them removed if they chose to...

The tatts feed into their personas...

It makes it possible for them to be shirtless on magazine covers & what not...

Lil Wayne is supposed to be some new age rock star, and you have people in 2010 preaching that SAME tired sermon they were blabbing about in the last genertion...

Tattoos are a major part of American pop culture and its an ancient artform that is respected worldwide, that's not gonna change anytime soon...

Master P just needs to shut up... We're all familiar with the large amounts of garbage he flooded the market with for a good period of time, but that doesn't make him right, is he really in a position to speak on becoming a global star?? Not one of his 100 or so artist was able to receive the amount of popularity and acclaim of Lil Wayne, so obviously Birdman, Slim Weezy know somethin P doesn't...

He should be learning from them and not being a bitter WASHED up mogul...

Yea P was moving units back when CD's were $15 and were actually being bought. This was during the last years before CD burners dropped and then MP3's. The cut he was getting from those sales was redic. It's known that P diversified his assets so I don't see how he would be salty about anything.

Wayne is as big as he's going to get, more or less maximizing his potential (not rapping, but success wise). The tats are irrelevant, the music he makes now is not going to stand the test of time so he might as well get it while he can.

I agree with dude about times have changed, tats on your face will be the norm for the next generation. Tats used to be reserved for Hell's angels, truckers and prison yards. Now the burbs have tattoo parlors packed with teenagers getting inked up.

Thanks Harlem on the rise for continuing this debate in my absence, with all of P PAST success he's not a voice of hip hop as he once was. Nobody is hoping for a new no limit they sucked back then with the exception of Soulja slim & C murder.

& being on Oprah may not be on there to - do list , shes not hip hop her audience isn't Weezy but their kids are & that's his focus. P got lucky in an age where people where brought tapes & cds, going gold in todays market is like going plat. today. Like it or not Weezy a global star not a icon yet but he can sellout a venue on any corner of the earth.

..........and their personas represent that of FRAUDS so what are you really talking about??

Actually both Wayne and Baby could be/have been in the past learning from P.

P got lucky in an age where people where brought tapes & cds,
  LOL.

with all of P PAST success he's not a voice of hip hop as he once was.
  That's the problem with alot of you dudes, when hip hop music was in/at a better place, you dudes fail to recognize the individuals that took it to that better place.  With such comments at that above. 

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

Word?....... this coming from a dude that hasn't been relevant in rap for da pass 10 years
laugh.gif
. I think Birdman & Weezy doing just fine without career advice from Percy.

- ahh gotta love the old "so and so isnt relavant" bull !@*%. its good to be back, i see the morons are still here and NT Music is still a joke.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]I don't even know why dude is mentioning music... [/color]
ohwell.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]P ain't say nuffin about Baby still tryin put out albums... This ain't about music it;s about being a grown man... Not a 40 year old [/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]WITH STARS TATTED ON YOUR HEAD![/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]
smh.gif
[/color]
[/color]

Originally Posted by Deuce King

..........and their personas represent that of FRAUDS so what are you really talking about??

LOL.

That's the problem with alot of you dudes, when hip hop music was in/at a better place, you dudes fail to recognize the individuals that took it to that better place.  With such comments at that above. 

dog...shut the %%+# up...like for real you annoying as %%+#...look at EVERY post you made in here...nobody quoting yo +@%...you steady coming in here saying %**@ that gets looked over...shut the %%+# up

Of course Master P is a legend, he made and still is worth ridiculous amounts of money.

But that doesnt mean everything he says is on point.

This ''character'' wayne has become is what took him to the next level.
The kids eat that stuff up, and now hes supposed to walk away from that.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by Deuce King

LOL.

dog...shut the %%+# up...like for real you annoying as %%+#...look at EVERY post you made in here...nobody quoting yo +@%...you steady coming in here saying %**@ that gets looked over...shut the %%+# up

Looking at your signature, I can see why your mad champ.  If you don't like what I'm saying too bad.

Well, from both ends of the spectrum I understand where people are coming from now. Yes the tatts are a little unnecessary, and may harbor wayne and birdman's future success to a degree. But with that being said though, the tattoos are big for birdman, they make him who he is to people who listen to him. And the tattoos are HUGE for lil wayne. They allow him to be this huge mega rockstar, and up until he went to jail just recently, he was getting bigger and bigger. To be frank, the more tats wayne got, the bigger he got.

In my opinion, america has a deep down infactuation with tattoos, that's why we frown upon them so much. America is enthralled with lil wayne, his aura, and his persona. I think he just only going to get bigger, and when he's 35-40 years old, he will be a huge rockstar, worldwide, with the tats and all. He's got a flame to him right now, that is only growing with every single song, mixtape, and remix that he does. Master P made some valid points, but I feel as though we may be underestimating just how big an artist lil wayne is. He is changing the way most view rap stars. Similar to the rockstars of past generation. I agree that the tattoos may be over the top and the gangbanging is OD, but it wont affect lil wayne. Wayne will be huge in the coming years regardless.

Back
Top Bottom