P90X Discussion

What order do you do the Workouts in? , I dl'ed the videos but have no idea what to do which days of the week ?

Originally Posted by mextra45

What order do you do the Workouts in? , I dl'ed the videos but have no idea what to do which days of the week ?
Mon - Chest & Back (+ abs)
Tues - Plyos
Wed - Shoulders & Arms (+ abs)
Thurs - Yoga
Fri - Legs & Back (+ abs)
Sat - Kenpo
Sun - Stretch

That's the first month at least...

BTW, is saw Jerry Stackhouse say P90X was the main thing he did to get himself back into shape before he joined the Bucks on NBATV.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mextra45

www.p90xworkoutschedule.com

My second week has gone a lot better than the first week. I was sore as hell after the first week, but now I'm not all that sore after my workouts.

I really do like doing these workouts though. The dude Tony can be kinda annoying, but he is a decent motivator. I think my favorite workout thus far has beenKenpo.

well depending when i get this (being really slow), if anyone has a faster way pm me please.
I'll start it up once its completed, also i'll make sure to take pictures. After seeing results on here i need to see my results.

did my first workout today. During the workout i felt the burn. Afterwards i thought this isn't so bad.

Now its 2 hrs later and my chest and back a hurting.

Questions I'm looking to start the program tomorrow. What are better to use the bands or the weights? Also, does the program require a pull up bar? Do the videos if you don't have one offer an alternative?

Originally Posted by VaGixxer

Questions I'm looking to start the program tomorrow. What are better to use the bands or the weights? Also, does the program require a pull up bar? Do the videos if you don't have one offer an alternative?

If you don't have a pull up bar, you can use bands. They will show you how to use the bands for chin ups and pull ups. And every exercise they use weights in. I use bands for the Pull Ups and Chins (since i can't use a pull up bar in my house's door frames, you can feel the burn on the bands) Weights for everything else. I just don't like using the bands for other exercises. IMO, some excercises with the bands didn't feel right on my joints. It might just be me though.
eyes.gif

I started phase 1 on Monday, and I have never ever been this sore.  Plyometrics absolutely killed me, but I'm proud of myself for getting through the entire hour.   I can barely bend over to put my socks on....I have no idea how I'm going to do shoulder and arms today..

Anybody have any words of encouragement?

^ You'll feel like that for the first few weeks, the 2nd week is probably the worst but it'll gradually get better.

I thought the first week was by far the worst. The second week I was still sore, but not anywhere near as much as the first. Now I'm in week 3 and it's not too bad at all.

I probably hadn't lifted for a good three months or ran regularly for about two months before starting the program. I'm just mad that I didn't start P90x sooner.

Also, what is P90x+?
nerd.gif

That's funny Kenny Smith is doing it because he actually is the endorser and on the infomercial for one for those fake Bowflex machines. I did it Sunday after hooping for about 5 hrs, got through it no problem but then caught the worst, throbbing headache I have had in yrs and that lasted 2 days. I don't know what caused it

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

That's funny Kenny Smith is doing it because he actually is the endorser and on the infomercial for one for those fake Bowflex machines. I did it Sunday after hooping for about 5 hrs, got through it no problem but then caught the worst, throbbing headache I have had in yrs and that lasted 2 days. I don't know what caused it

Maybe you were dehydrated?? U were hooping for 5 hrs and then did the program. I know i sweat like crazy doing the program. 

p90x is an effective program like any other program as long as followed carefully. I alo don't suggest this program if you have back problems.

Just started this on monday and completed one week, How vital is the nutrition part of this plan? Is it ok to eat healthy and follow your own meal plan?

Back
Top Bottom