people start hating their jobs at 35

I hate my current job. Im In school now though so I can get away from that environment. No respect, no appreciation and I've pretty much topped out in the 5 years I've been here. Gotta go dog!

article was not really insightful at all...

Either way just set your expectations properly and you will be fine. My goals have always been to make enough to be comfortable and maintain a work life balance. I love working out and playing soccer and hanging with my girlfriend and my dog. I have a lot of out of work hobbies that i like to maintain. So i enjoy my work to the extent that i know i can balance my life the way i want to.

You can have all that and still hate your job though...

I don't live for a profession...its not my passion its not my dream.
Its simply what i have to do to generate income to live out my dreams.
I work to live...there are far too many cool things in this world to pursue passionately,
than devote all that into a job.

I hate physically going to work. Looking like I'm working is tiring man.

I enjoy my work waaay more when I work from home every other Friday. If it could be WFH 3 days out of the week or the entire week....I'd be skrait

Got tired at 26 and resigned. Im now 27 and own my own company. I'm very lucky to be able to do what I love and am passionate about. My facility is a 3 block walk from where I live. 6k sq ft warehouse. I'm only using 1/4 of the space for work right now. Put a basketball hoop and lounge with TV in rest of space. All my employees are friends/family who I trust and enjoy working with. Dream job but it was not easy getting here. In fact, it keeps on getting harder but I love the challenge. Feel like I am working to my potential doing what I should be, instead of wasting most of my time working for someone else and only living part time. I've already taken 3 destination vacations this year. Being able to take time off whenever is nice, just do it responsibly.

I'm still young but I really don't mind work. I knew I would be in management since I was in like 3rd grade, so I'm sure doing something i'm naturally interested in helps. I also promote a work life balance. I don't have email on my phone and I do my 40 hours a week and get out. I of course do a little extra for certain deadlines, but I definitely flex that time when it's slow. Most people who are miserable have been in the same position for years and aren't learning anything new. That would make me hate my job.

You can have all that and still hate your job though...
I agree but if you shift your perception to a point where you realize a job is not something to be "loved" but a means to a better quality of life then its less likely that you will "hate" your job. Just be grateful your job pays you enough to do what you really love in this world.

I agree but if you shift your perception to a point where you realize a job is not something to be "loved" but a means to a better quality of life then its less likely that you will "hate" your job. Just be grateful your job pays you enough to do what you really love in this world.

this came in here to say that. I really dont think no one enjoys working unless its for themselves or on their terms or own the business. Us day to day workers are just working to make ends meet not because we enjoy waking up 5am fighting traffic to get to a job that helps pay for the housing we are not in 8 hours or more a day.

I just need more time off and more PTO accumulated thru out the year. Make our 40 hour weeks 30hours 3 days a week

work 3 10 hour shifts off 4 days every week or work it 6 hours a day 5 days a week. :smokin

interesting read

http://www.businessinsider.com/countries-that-work-least-and-most-hours-2016-10

I don't live for a profession...its not my passion its not my dream.
Its simply what i have to do to generate income to live out my dreams.
I work to live...there are far too many cool things in this world to pursue passionately,
than devote all that into a job.

Agree 100%

1397863272_baby_monkey_hug.gif

I was lucky enough to finally get a job I actually didn't mind going to, atmosphere was laid back, workload was perfect. Worked 37.5 hours for the state making enough money to do me as single man with no family. Excellent benefits. Then I got laid off :sick:

Our culture is simply too focused on the work end of the work-life balance spectrum. Like Pharell said, we're groomed to be worker bees. And we wonder why the country is so divided.

I'm 34, and it really just hit me within the last few months. I think the article is spot on. I feel like I'm stuck in a dead end job, and switch between resentment that I'm not higher up organizationally, and that I'm not doing enough at home because of work.

I'm 34, and it really just hit me within the last few months. I think the article is spot on. I feel like I'm stuck in a dead end job, and switch between resentment that I'm not higher up organizationally, and that I'm not doing enough at home because of work.

Start making moves asap. Those negative feelings can snowball quick.

Start making moves asap. Those negative feelings can snowball quick.

Yeah, I've thought about it, but I have a pretty great setup. Ideally I'd like to hang on until my youngest is out of daycare (1 year) and my car and largest student loan are paid off (6 months). If I can hang for 2 years I'd be eligible for PALS student loan forgiveness.

I feel like i am in a good position right now but if I could have it my way I would just work out, eat, sleep,burn the herb, smash and push something with a V8 quattro all day. All of that requires money so.......I am only 31 tho so things might change.

Got tired at 26 and resigned. Im now 27 and own my own company. I'm very lucky to be able to do what I love and am passionate about. My facility is a 3 block walk from where I live. 6k sq ft warehouse. I'm only using 1/4 of the space for work right now. Put a basketball hoop and lounge with TV in rest of space. All my employees are friends/family who I trust and enjoy working with. Dream job but it was not easy getting here. In fact, it keeps on getting harder but I love the challenge. Feel like I am working to my potential doing what I should be, instead of wasting most of my time working for someone else and only living part time. I've already taken 3 destination vacations this year. Being able to take time off whenever is nice, just do it responsibly.

Best advice so far in this thread. Take the risk, most will not have the drive or work ethic to succeed on their own, hence why most small businesses fail in the first few years of operation. Sounds like you have the intangibles needed to survive. Hopefully most in this thread will read this post of yours and be inspired to take a risk and bet on yourself. Repped, keep it up!

^:lol:

I've been fortunate enough to like most of my jobs. At my current job, I just hate when I go on vacation and find a grip of work waiting for me.

Back
Top Bottom