Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I think people just didn't watch Cassell much..dude sucked.

that was a 16 win team to an 11 win team....5 game difference...if they were an 11 win team to a 6 win team is cassell = brady? of course not.
not to mention our schedule was a cake walk last year, or supposed to have been at least. nfc west and afc west

DeadsetAce wrote:
Al3xis wrote:

that was a 16 win team to an 11 win team....5 game difference...if they were an 11 win team to a 6 win team is cassell = brady? of course not.

not to mention our schedule was a cake walk last year, or supposed to have been at least. nfc west and afc west

Cake walk or not, 11 wins is 11 wins. That system is great period. Belicheik>>>Brady. You can put any Good QB in that system and they will shine.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Brady. But I told my brother who is a Pats fan that if they still did good last year, That would prove my pointabout brady. They won 11 games without dude 11 not 8 or 9, but 11.

Oh and if you gave Peyton Manning, Randy Moss he would throw 70 touchdowns. I'm not even kidding.

But I guess in the end 3superbowls >> 1 Anyday. But thats like saying Emmitt Smith> Barry Sanders and ain't no way in hell that's true.Football is a team sport. 1 player can't win a superbowl. I mean Trent Dilfer has a superbowl is he better than Marino?

When I watch Manning I feel like I'm watching something special. And I'm a fan of sports I was cheering for the Pats to go 19 and 0.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

DeadsetAce wrote:
Al3xis wrote:

Cake walk or not, 11 wins is 11 wins. That system is great period. Belicheik>>>Brady. You can put any Good QB in that system and they will shine.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Brady. But I told my brother who is a Pats fan that if they still did good last year, That would prove my point about brady. They won 11 games without dude 11 not 8 or 9, but 11.

yeah missing the playoffs. cassell shined big time. the jets and phins won 11 games too. 11 wins didnt mean jack last year...

If the helmet catch doesnt happen, this thread is about Brady and not Peyton. Regardless, Peyton > Tom.

see i dont know where your pulling your stats from..but the colts in the past 5 years have only had 1 defense rated in total defense in the top 3...in2007...other then that...i dont care if they hold a team to 1 pass completion...that +%+$ dont matter if the team runs for 300 yards...its total defense...andthe colts are weak when it comes to total defense....and i believe tom brady went 16-0 with a easy sub par opponent season.....and didnt carson palmer have thesame injury 2 years ago..i see no new rules like they got now since brady is back...im not a fan of a team , coach , or any other personel that cheat...and yesthis year tom brady is playing chump football...kyle orton does have better stats...and ben rothelisberger is a mediocre qb at best...he just has weapons thatmake plays....and didnt that giants play EVERY post season game they could of played to make the superbowl? and come in heavly unfavored...and win....im justsaying you cant say someones goat by superbowls cause thats just one game..granted the biggest...but were also not discussing big ben here either and i thinkhe has 3...

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I would have to say Tom Brady is already the GOAT. dude won 3 superbowls with 0 wide recievers. broke record for regular season td's.
brady has done everything manning has done + more

WRONG. However I don't know who the dummy is that said Brady doesn't make no name WR's look good. Quick, name me a HOF WR he had before Moss........Brady and Peyton are both awesome QB's and do it differently. They could both be top 5 when they are done.
Name a HOF WR that manning had? Brady always had good receivers. Terry glenn? Troy Brown? They might have been old when Brady started playing, but were still verry good receivers. Brady is a good QB, but his coaches system was really tuned to perfection. As you saw with matt cassell. Put that garbage into patriots system and he leads them to a 11-5 season, but when he went to KC he sucks.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you have proven to know nothin about the game of football. did you even know who brown and glenn were before brady. oh ya i can name you three HOF recievers's manning had. they go by the name of marvin harrison, reggie wayne, and dallas clark. had manning had edgerrin james. and you may not know because you dont know anything about football. but having a running back like edge made the defense put extra men in the box to stop the run. brady on the other hand has never had a solid running back. kevin faulk was hihs best and he was always poopoo
troy isn't a HOF but was a solid player when Drew was QB. Terry Glenn went off his rookie year with the Pats when Drew was QB, the same year they made the superbowl.
And I don't know football alright but you named Dallas Clark at a HOF WR? Dude doesn't even play as a receiver, but as a tight end. Its also funny you mentions Edgerrin James, they won the superbowl without him. Peyton still does fine without a good running back. Joseph Addai is decent at best and teams still bite on Peyton's play action. Your excuse was they had to put an extra Tackle in the box to watch the running game when James was there, but James is gone now, the extra tackle that teams do put in the box is not needed anymore. So explain why with extra coverage, peyton is still making passes all over the field? Maybe I don't know football as well as you, but I call it like I see it. And I never said Brady wasn't good, but manning is years ahead of him as a QB. Please believe you put manning in Brady's place he would have gotten the pats all thsoe rings as well.
buddy first off clark being a tight end makes him a receiver. every time you catch the ball you are receiving the ball. that makes him a reciever. note that i never said wide reciever. and joseph addai is a better running back than what the patriots have been using. oh and dont forget who led his team to 3 superbowls in the final minutes of the game. making him more clutch than manning. and mannings best years came from when edge was playing there.
Really last I checked there is a difference between tight ends and receivers. Just cause you catch a ball doesn't make you a receiver. Running backs go out and catch the ball are they considered receivers on paper? And when did I argue about Brady's clutchness? I never once discredited Brady for what he achieved I simply stated Peyton's knowledge of football and how defenses work is much greater than Brady's and is years ahead of him in that department. Joseph Addai is the same garbage the Pats have. He is not better nor worse than Faulk or Maroney. Sure Peyton's best year on PAPER was when edge was playing, but after edge left he still had really good seasons and one was a superbowl. Oh and don't forget to Thank the Pats O-line and Adam for the 3 superbowl rings as well not just brady.
im done with this as i respect your opinion as you should respect mine. but i will say mannings defense did lead them to the superbowl win.thedefense allowed only 10 points in the game since hester ran back the one td which doesnt count.

after doing research i decide this is the greatest QB to ever live

OTTO GRAHAM

During an astounding career in which the Browns compiled a 105-17-4 record, at the time of his retirement Graham's 86.6 career pass rating (combined AAFCand NFL) served as one of the best of all time, tossing 188 touchdowns in ten seasons of play.

In his final year of play, Graham won the Hickok Belt as top professional athlete of the year, and ten years later, he was inducted into the Pro Football Hallof Fame. In 1999, he was ranked number 7 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, the highest-ranking player who had played in theAAFC.

Otto Graham is considered by many historians to be one of the greatest winners in the history of professional sports. Graham played six seasons in the NFL andtook the Cleveland Browns to the NFL Championship Game all six seasons, winning three NFL titles. Including four seasons in which his team captured four AAFCtitles, Graham played ten total seasons of professional football and made the league championship game all ten seasons, winning seven league titles. In hissingle season as a professional basketball player, the Rochester Royals (today's Sacramento Kings) also captured the league title. Thus, in 11 seasons as aprofessional athlete, Otto Graham's teams made the championship all eleven years, winning eight titles.

after doing research i decide this is the greatest QB to ever live

OTTO GRAHAM

During an astounding career in which the Browns compiled a 105-17-4 record, at the time of his retirement Graham's 86.6 career pass rating (combined AAFC and NFL) served as one of the best of all time, tossing 188 touchdowns in ten seasons of play.

In his final year of play, Graham won the Hickok Belt as top professional athlete of the year, and ten years later, he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. In 1999, he was ranked number 7 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, the highest-ranking player who had played in the AAFC.

Otto Graham is considered by many historians to be one of the greatest winners in the history of professional sports. Graham played six seasons in the NFL and took the Cleveland Browns to the NFL Championship Game all six seasons, winning three NFL titles. Including four seasons in which his team captured four AAFC titles, Graham played ten total seasons of professional football and made the league championship game all ten seasons, winning seven league titles. In his single season as a professional basketball player, the Rochester Royals (today's Sacramento Kings) also captured the league title. Thus, in 11 seasons as a professional athlete, Otto Graham's teams made the championship all eleven years, winning eight titles.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

If I had to play one football game and could take any QB living/dead/playing/not playing, I'd probably take Manning. I'm an older cat and I've watched Montana's poise and Elway's heroics, but Colts #11 is the best I have ever seen.
Word , it's like I said. I've seen Elway, Montana and Young. Peyton is the best I've seen with my own eyes.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

If I had to play one football game and could take any QB living/dead/playing/not playing, I'd probably take Manning. I'm an older cat and I've watched Montana's poise and Elway's heroics, but Colts #11 is the best I have ever seen.
Word , it's like I said. I've seen Elway, Montana and Young. Peyton is the best I've seen with my own eyes.

What year were you born?

If I had to play one football game and could take any QB living/dead/playing/not playing, I'd probably take Manning. I'm an older cat and I've watched Montana's poise and Elway's heroics, but Colts #1118 is the best I have ever seen.
Just fixing it for you.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by RavageBX

What year were you born?

dudes arguing this. if he wins another chip he will be GOAT WITHOUT DISCUSSION. I promise you...

My dude gets better each year and while i still think his 49td is the best ever... count the quarters my dude sat out that season ... the dan marino single season passing record would have been smashed and he could have had 60 tds ... all unecessary though
this

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

The year the Colts won the Super Bowl he threw 3 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in the playoffs. Not to mention the numerous first round exits. On a side note, Joe Montana played in 4 super Bowls and NEVER threw an interception!

peyton with crap around him on defense > joe montana with damn good players everywhere

I hate people like this on nt, it's sad that S & T is filled with idiotic statements like this. I am willing to bet you never watched Joe Montana playin a 49ers uni and if you did, you were too young/ignorant to know what you were witnessing.

Manning is the best QB i've ever seen with my own eyes...and i've been shouting that for years...as far as GOAT goes I think he needs a another SB andanother MVP

Back
Top Bottom