Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Montana didn't lose games for the 49ers in any SB the way Manning just did. For that fact alone Montana>Manning.

the Colts and niners had the same level of talent?

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Montana didn't lose games for the 49ers in any SB the way Manning just did. For that fact alone Montana>Manning.
So...he loses 1 Super Bowl and he has no chance for the remainder of his career to pass Montana? Stop, kid.
Manning already did something Montana never did, choke in a SB..And remember, Montana played in 4, and won all 4. 

So...he loses 1 Super Bowl and he has no chance for the remainder of his career to pass Montana? Stop, kid.
It is not like Peyton played great in the Super Bowl they won. It was all defense and their running game when he got his first championship.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

the Colts and niners had the same level of talent?
The talent around him didn't throw that horrible INT, he did...

I guess you didn't see the way Reggie Wayne and his bum knee ran that route.

But whatever...

Manning will get his. Until then, weed out every mistake he's ever done.

Typical hater who speaks with little knowledge of football...(Niketalker)

It didnt even process to me that your a niner fan until now, so the amount of bias involved negates everything you say, so just stop.

I guess you didn't see the way Reggie Wayne and his bum knee ran that route.

But whatever...

Manning will get his. Until then, weed out every mistake he's ever done.
Reggie must not have run hard routes in all those playoff losses Peyton has accrued. 
eyes.gif

catch.jpg

there's a reason this is called "the catch" and not "the throw."

Football is the ultimate TEAM sport...

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Favre
4. Manning
5. Brady/Marino

as of right now...so peyton will only go up

/thread

Manning is gonna OD spazz next year...you know how he takes sh*t hard already. You know this loss is gonna !!%+ with his head this summer, he's gonna come back next year with a vengeance....

Those of you tryna blame Reggie, didn't Manning damn near throw a pick on that out right before the pick? 

Didn't he come within inches of throwing a pick on that offensive interference in the end zone? 

Peyton was just throwin it around out there begging for a pick.  Porter just happened to get this one. 

So yeah, blame Reggie........for all those throws.  From the "goat"

Originally Posted by Pac10OWNsSEC

i notice how most of the people saying he wont are Marino,Brady and Montana fan boys
seriously, ya'll place no emphasis on winning championships

we know it's a team sport, but this thread is about being the GOAT, and after watching peyton's playoff performances, theres no way hes the GOAT

i notice how most of the people saying he wont are Marino,Brady and Montana fan boys
You know damn well your argument gettin tougher with each playoff nose dive.  Come on bro. 

roll.gif
@ reggie getting the blame for that pick 6

the peyton fanboys are ridiculous. im not even saying this game disqualifies him as potentially one of the greatest ever. but damn, that was 100% on manning, that ball shouldn't have been thrown. let's be real here.

all that said, this picture is priceless...
tx.porter.si.jpg

Even Steve Young said Reggie was supposed to cut off the receiver on that route. {shrugs}

Oh well. Manning has time.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Favre
4. Manning
5. Brady/Marino

/thread

I just dont see Favre or Elway being better.
Favre has the stats i guess but thats just 29 years of playing football. Manning has his Ring too, and and extra MVP.
Manning will most likely beat out all those stats.

Elway has one ring and one MVP, Manning has one and four. Manning already has surpasses him in every important QB statistical category.

the peyton fanboys are ridiculous. im not even saying this game disqualifies him as potentially one of the greatest ever. but damn, that was 100% on manning, that ball shouldn't have been thrown. let's be real here.
  go watch the replay and then comeback and see how dumb you sound right now

You know damn well your argument gettin tougher with each playoff nose dive.  Come on bro. 
1st post in here says "i dont care if dude never wins another SB ring"

he has his 1 ring already, he is going to kill every single QB record there is in the NFL

yet he wont be the GOAT at QB?

yet he wont be the GOAT at QB?
With an 8-8 playoff record? 

(Yes I know, he still has years left, but I mean, if he finishes 10-10, or 11-11 or even a game over .500, how is that better then what Warner has done, or Elway, or Brady, or Joe Montana) 
ohwell.gif

go watch the replay and then comeback and see how dumb you sound right now

i just think it's funny how people rush to manning's defense. i've seen INTs like that numerous times where no one mentions the WR...unless its randy moss. then the brady homers like myself will make a claim like you're making
laugh.gif

I mean, it was 10-0 goin to the second quarter, it was 31-7 from that point on.  Not like Peyton was doin anything or anything like that.  Don't we clown Brett for all his playoff failures?  Why does Peyton get excluded from any blame? 

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by youngmoney

1. Montana
2. Elway
3. Favre
4. Manning
5. Brady/Marino

/thread

I just dont see Favre or Elway being better.
Favre has the stats i guess but thats just 29 years of playing football. Manning has his Ring too, and and extra MVP.
Manning will most likely beat out all those stats.

Elway has one ring and one MVP, Manning has one and four. Manning already has surpasses him in every important QB statistical category.
yo dude elway has 2, back to back. and 3 other appearances.

Back
Top Bottom