Philadelphia Eagles '12 Official Thread 4-10 *Farewell Andy Reid

Checking in

Can't wait for the season
pimp.gif
I'm really excited to see what we can do this season

whoa.. some are saying this move might be a reflection on how the team feels about jarrett..

really disappointing.. thought dude might be a nice complement to nate back there.. since they said dude was a thumper when he was coming out

Ch-ch-checking in!!!

What's up, everyone?!

I'll be at two games this year, gonna make the drive out to Dallas again. Then going to New Orleans for our MNF game.
pimp.gif

[h1]NFL Rumors: Minnesota Vikings in Talks with Philadelphia Eagles About Percy Harvin Trade? [/h1]
http://www.tumblr.com/share/www.myaddiction.com/images/tumblr-share.png">http://www.myaddiction.com/images/tumblr-share.png') top left no-repeat transparent;">Share on Tumblr
vikings.jpg

Submitted by Off The Record on Jun 20, 2012

You may or may not have heard about Minnesota Vikings WR Percy Harvin and his displeasure with some things that are going on in and around the organization. We’re sure his contract situation is a part of that.

So, now, word has come out that he is requesting a trade. Sources tell OTR that the ideal situation would be to a team that’s good and will pay him a lot more money. We’re told that he likes winning and money. While ESPN‘s Adam Schefter says that a trade won’t happen, we’re hearing differently.

A rumor has started circulating deep (extremely deep) inside the Eagles organization that talks with the Vikings about the availability of Percy Harvin is picking up.

The Eagles have been working out punter Brad Maynard just in case the Vikings ask for the services of Chas Henry in return, which is highly expected. The Vikings have had an eye on Henry for the past couple hours, but have yet to see tapes. But, from what they’ve heard and seen on league message boards, they can’t go wrong.

The Eagles thought process in bringing in Brad Maynard is simple. Henry was ranked 26th in net punting avg last year at a solid 37.5. Maynard was right behind him at 36.7. Thusly, the timing won’t change. Moreover, The Eagles special teams players will not have to run as far with Maynard, which will save them energy for the 4th quarter. They thought about signing a quality punter but feared the extra five to ten yards of running over the course of a game and throughout a 16-game season could end up being very costly.

Eagles special teams coordinator Bobby April is extremely pensive on such matters and his No. 1 bullet point that he stresses is energy conservation. Bolted right underneath the locker name plates of all of his special teams players is the phrase: “Tired Legs, No Kegs.

where would he fit?

Jackson/Maclin/Avant and possibly Cooper and McNutt for the rest of the spots

He'll basically just take Avant's role working out of the slot. And he could give Shady breaks on occasions. Plus he's excellent on special teams, where we've been lacking.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

where would he fit?

Jackson/Maclin/Avant and possibly Cooper and McNutt for the rest of the spots

would be our 6th WR.. basically take chad hall's spot on the roster..

but i could see us running more 4 WRs sets, so 2 slot guys.. especially since harbor hasnt played up to expectations, thus not that much 2 TE sets

but obviously he would handle the kickoff returns and as mentioned he would be able to play a little RB too (soo take all of the would be chad hall stuff as a RB and WR)

hopefully with the crackdown on bounties mike vick can play the whole season without injuries.

i remember last season he would get hit after the play at least a couple times a game.

This has to be the year for the Eagles, looking forward to the defense improving and the offense is explosive provided #7 stays healthy....there's no need for harvin though our wr's are solid and avant is perfect for the slot, harvin to me is too small for that role....I'm most excited about the d-line though adding Cox and Curry will be huge

Really excited about our D-Line too. Got alot of talent there now.

Part of me tells me not having Peters on that O-Line is gonna have us really missing him though. He's the most important piece on the offensive side of the ball for the Eagles.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Part of me tells me not having Peters on that O-Line is gonna have us really missing him though. He's the most important piece on the offensive side of the ball for the Eagles.

only thing that i can say that should give you a slight bit of comfort.. peters hasn't played all 16 games in a season since he's been with us.. hell he's only started all 16 once in his career

todd has experience on the left side and dunlap has done OK over there

I don't want to hear any hype this year. I just want the Eagles to go out and kick butt.

I just want this team to go out and win. After what happened last season, this team just needs to win. Good thing there has been a full offseason to get the offense and defense on the same page. We have players ala DRC playing the role that he knows best. Excited to see some of the young guns like Fletcher do some work this season. I'm also interested in how Mychal Kendricks will do in that LB position. 
No more contract issues, no more VY calling us the "dream team." Just gotta go out there and win.

LETS GO BIRDS! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the amount of band wagon presence in this thread is comical.

Vick will miss at least 4 games due to injury.

andy reid will find a way to lose yall games by throwing the ball way to much.

Cowboys gonna surprise some people this year........

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

I just want this team to go out and win. After what happened last season, this team just needs to win. Good thing there has been a full offseason to get the offense and defense on the same page. We have players ala DRC playing the role that he knows best. Excited to see some of the young guns like Fletcher do some work this season. I'm also interested in how Mychal Kendricks will do in that LB position. 
No more contract issues, no more VY calling us the "dream team." Just gotta go out there and win.

LETS GO BIRDS! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This.

I'm going to try to catch the game @ AZ even though I'll be going to San Diego State in the Fall.
ohwell.gif

the amount of band wagon presence in this thread is comical.

Vick will miss at least 4 games due to injury.

andy reid will find a way to lose yall games by throwing the ball way to much.

Cowboys gonna surprise some people this year.......

Just for good measure, can't wait to see how the linebacker core pans out in training camp.

So we signed DT Ollie Ogbu and added WR Tiger Jones & CB Kee-Ayre Griffin. Don't know much about them. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom