photoshop tips thread

One question- how do u lower the opacity of a brush? :wow:
embarassed.gif

[/b][/center]

^ when you select the brush tool you'll see a few things on the toolbar that change the size and shape of the tool. Just to the right of that is the opacity box. If you reduce that by moving the slider then what you're drawing becomes semi-transparent.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

^oops. for the burn i meant exposure. the higher the exposure the higher the burn density. you can find it in the top middle once you click on burn, the toolbar right under the normal file/edit/etc toolbar.

Sneakers are not just shoes. they're a kind of art. If it's good art people will stare. So what shoes should i wear next to break some necks?

Can anyone show how to make PS like this one
4ie7w5z.jpg

And Jae can u please tell me where u get the SF avys from

[/b]​

i stole it from another NT'er like 3 or 4 years ago...

you can just take mine...
[/center]

how do I do something simular to this?
2epubh0.jpg

or even this
30xg9wz.jpg

I have been fooling around with photoshop trying to drag the pics to one big canvas, but once I drag them they turn black/white :\
ohwell.gif
. Any help would be appreciated.

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>G-MAIL[/td][td]eBAY[/td][td]AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
Falcons 2-0!! Where are the Vick haters at now?

^to do the "headless" trick all you need is use the "clone stamp" tool in your toolbar. it'll basically tell you how to use it when you click on it. basically you're copying the background (gray) onto where his head's position is on the image. but you have to make sure that the area surrounding the head is a single color and shade, or it'll be a lot harder and may require different tricks.

Sneakers are not just shoes. they're a kind of art. If it's good art people will stare. So what shoes should i wear next to break some necks?

^ probably when you made the new image (file>new) you left it as grayscale - I think it seems to do that as the default.

Change that to RGB and you will be fine.

After that it's just a case of dragging them where you want them to be and then cropping the whole thing to the right size.

A handy tool is if you select multiple layers (hold down shift while selecting them) then go to layer you can align the edges - just makes things nice and even.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

With the transparent tag thing Jae
did on the page before, it won't let
me right click and do the whole free
transform thing? when i right click,
it just comes up with layer 1 or background.

^^you got to have a selection tool in use....click on the box selection tool or lasso or something then go do the right click stuff...
[/center]

30xg9wz.jpg

You could also just take 2 pics as long as the camera is in the same area. Just of one with you in it and one with you out of it...and then just erase the head. Alot easier to me then cloning.........
- Fong$tarr

E-mail: Fongstarr@hotmail.com
AIM: Fongstizzle

how do you make a border like this?

"You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them."

Michael Jordan​

kdwallace, I know you treat this post like your own son, get at me on IM. I need some help on how to make a background white.

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

^^^

laugh.gif

bang.

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

I've had a few requests recently for removing the background of an image - making it completely white.

There are actually a few ways to do it. I would normally make a layer mask and just remove everything that
you don't want - refer to the early pages and the Rodman picture to see how to do that. The only thing you would
do differently is at the end instead of desaturating the layer fill it completely white.

You can also use the magic eraser but I've never found that works very well - unless you have an object and
background that are very different from each other.

The most successful images for removing the background from have a fairly pale background already - you're
just tidying them up. If it is a dark background it is hard to do it convincingly.

Here's the original image that I'll use for these demos.

Sorry, after I'd done all this I realised that I forgot to resize the images so they're kind of big on the page.
At least you can see them though.

4i5elv5.jpg

Some of the other ways you can do it are:

1. Background eraser tool. If you click and hold the eraser tool you will see this option. Select it and a reasonable
size eraser. Here you want to have the circle of the eraser on the edge between what you are keeping and the
background but don't let the crosshairs touch the item you're keeping.

1. You can see here that the bike is staying and the background is disappearing. Depending on the contrast
differences you can adjust the sensitivity just below the toolbar.

2hwo9dz.jpg

2. Now I've been all the way round.

2w5j85c.jpg

3. Here I've selected a rectangle and deleted everything outside of it - just to save some time.

3169su8.jpg

4. Here I've gone in with the eraser and just deleted all the stuff that wasn't touched by the background eraser.

2w7mu8h.jpg

5. If you look closely you'll see that the background eraser doesn't do a perfect job. Depending on the color it
sometimes only partially deletes things - it leaves them semi-transparent. Here you can see the before
and after - I just went over parts with the regular eraser.

before:

478t26f.jpg

after:

3444gnk.jpg

6. A useful way to see how good the edges are is to make a new layer and fill it with a bright color. I've used green
here because it contrasts with all the colors on the bike. You can see how rough the edges are.

49geb9d.jpg

7. Here you can see where the background eraser took some of the image away too - it happens when there isn't enough
contrast to tell the difference - here it was the tyre and the pavement.

348j9qa.jpg

8. I used the history brush to fix that - it's just below the regular brush and works by putting back what you deleted.
Just use it carefully to correct the image.

2zexu3c.jpg

And the final image - I added a drop shadow (right click and select blending options) which makes it look a little better.
The tyres are a little rough but it's not too bad overall.

2ptds2b.jpg

The other way gives similar results but is probably a little quicker.

1. Go to filter>extract

34np75i.jpg

2. It opens a box for the next step. You basically take the paintbrush and draw around the whole object -
overlapping the object and background all the time. You don't have to be too careful but the neater the better.

4cnf9e9.jpg

3. Then go to the paintbucket and fill the centre of the object.

44vv3wz.jpg

4. Then hit okay and you'll get something like this - you'll see that it gives you the same sort of effect as the background
eraser at this same stage. Then just go in and tidy it up the same way and you're done.

2m627w5.jpg

[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

someone asked about the 'Headless" trick.

Fong answered it perfectly...
Quote:
You could also just take 2 pics as long as the camera is in the same area. Just of one with you in it and one with you out of it...and then just erase the head. Alot easier to me then cloning.........

best to use a tri-pod.

Also to do this:
2zhl0tz.jpg

1. select what you want to keep in color.
2. then desaturate the background.
3. adjust the level and contrast of the image.
4. copy and paste everything together.
5. for the film background, i just searched the web and found one i like.

it isn't hard just time consuming esp. selecting the objects.
by the way, make sure to read my sig...

[/url]​
[/url]​

Back
Top Bottom