photoshop tips thread

I have some final sketches right, and what I want to do is erase the creamish background that the paper gives off when it is scanned. I also want to enhance the black lines of the drawing. Lastly any tips as far as selecting an area of an image and coloring/shading it? Any help is greatly appreciated.
-New York Mets-2006​
" - Chong Li​

kdwallace i still need some help iono wuts going on. If you have AIM try to get at me - RalpHimSelf it would help but if you cant its cool. my thing is i cant get that part where u get the body out where it says layer + and its shows all white and the body in all black i dont know how to get that. again (photoshop newbie)

someone help me out...

most of my pictures/PS pertain to cars and whatnot....but theres one aspect of car photoshop manipulating i never got...

how the hell do i lower a car?

www.tutorialhome.com/lowe...tep-1.html

i tried following that but i dont know what the hell a ellipse tool is...

someone help me...
[/center]

^ the ellipse too is just one of the selectors - like the rectangle one you probably use all the time.

Just click the rectangle and hold your mouse button down and it will open up a few different shapes - click the circular one to make circular selections.

I had a look at that link you posted and think it makes sense. I'll have a go and see about posting it here. I've always wondered how they did that.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

That car lowering thing is cool. Always wondered how they did that.

Here's my screenshots. It's actually pretty easy. Just some random car I found on google.

1. Open image

4h04nm1.jpg

2. Duplicate layer

2urti10.jpg

3. Select the circle tool and draw circles over the tyres - doesn't matter what color - I just had black selected.

4h82lv7.jpg

4. Draw a rectangle under the car - touching the lowest point, again doesn't matter what color.

2u5cosj.jpg

5. Link all these layers - just select them all (by holding down shift and clicking each one in turn - you can see how they are all blue at the side) and then right click and select link - you'll see the little chain thing appear at the right. Then go to layer>merge and they'll turn into one layer.

4cjkmsz.jpg

6. Now hide that layer (by clicking the little eye thing) and with the layer hidden click on it while holding down control - you'll not be able to see the stuff you drew now but you'll have an outline of it as a selection.

3yd76tg.jpg

7. Invert that selection. Then using the arrow keys move it down a bit - as far as you want to lower the car.

4icxlrl.jpg

8. Should look a bit like this now.

4d49x7r.jpg

9. Then tidy up the bits where things overlap - I used a layer mask but you could use the eraser if you want.

I also took some of the shadows out underneath.

2hwgo6w.jpg

That's it.

Here's the before:

4ie6kqb.jpg

And the after:

4fxf2a1.jpg

[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

^^^ahhh thank you, thats what i needed...when they said ellipse tool in the tutorial, i got thrown around cuz i thought it was the selection one...but it was the shape one...

anywho, thanks for the screen by screen, it really helped...

[/center]

I got stuck in step 6 because i dont know how to link them together!
I did and tried almost u can think of but nothing helps

somone plz help!
[/b][/center]

^^^when you got the layer box thing up...click the box next to the layers you are trying to link....
linkku8.jpg

then when you got the 3 shapes with that link icon on their box, go to "LAYER" then to the bottom and "MERGE LINKED LAYERS" or something like that...and carry on with the tutorial.

thanks for the clear writeup again kd- heres my finished product :smile:
smile.gif
maybe now i can finally get my buddy to lower his eclipse...

before
74810244fullse5.jpg

slammmmmed
loweredlipsexq1.jpg

[/center]

Thanks for all the help KD and JAE
really appreciate it

anyways....to the pic's...
Before
2cmlxsh.jpg

and after

498lgu1.jpg

Felt like doing another one...lol
But on this one, the car was alreay lowered
2i771uv.jpg

So that means i had to lower the car onto its @#%$ and that's exactly what i did
4i44ghe.jpg

I don't know how they are gonna get around with that^ :lol:
laugh.gif

Once again, thanks :D
happy.gif

[/b][/center]

Quote:
I have some final sketches, and what I want to do is erase the creamish background that the paper gives off when it is scanned. I also want to enhance the black lines of the drawing. Lastly any tips as far as selecting an area of an image and coloring/shading it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-New York Mets-2006​
" - Chong Li​

Quote:
I have some final sketches, and what I want to do is erase the creamish background that the paper gives off when it is scanned. I also want to enhance the black lines of the drawing. Lastly any tips as far as selecting an area of an image and coloring/shading it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

You could probably just increase the brightness and contrast - should make the beige whiter and the black darker.

Or fiddle with the levels - check back near the beginning - there's a step by step I did on a family photo that shows how to change levels.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

ok, i really didnt g through all the pages i guess i'll do that. whatever i need should be in there.
-New York Mets-2006​
" - Chong Li​

whatup,
I finally have illustrator! My question is this, I have a lot of sketches/logos on paper that I want to make symmetrical, and sharpen up through illustrator. Does anyone have or know where I can find a tutorial on step-by-step logo/font transker from paper to illustrator?
Thanks again,
peace

can somebody please tell me how to make an arced line?
If hates the gate to peace, this is the last stop.

After you download the fonts from dafont.com how do you put it on the pictures in photoshop?
aim: numberr97

after you download and extract them into ur fonts and succesfully have them, just open a picture up and use the "text tool" and find the one u just "installed" and begin ur writing
[/b][/center]

I need help on making the background black/white of an image. I'll use the Dennis Rodman on PG1 for example.

After I copied the layer, I used the copy layer to cut out the "Dennis Rodman". Then I went so only the original layer was visible, and I desaturated it, but it only desaturated the cut out of "dennis rodman"(copy layer) instead of the background (og layer). Any help?
It's TheBrandWith3...
'S RARE NIKE SNEAKERS!!!HERE HERE HERE!!!

^ even though it was the only layer visible maybe you still had the dennis layer selected - click on the layer so that where the layer title is will turn blue.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

How do you adjust the canvas size to exactly fit the image size? This has been buggin me forever. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The easiest way is to select the image edges - if it's on a big canvas I would use the magic wand and select outside the image so you would have the marching ants around the border - then invert the selection.

Then go to image>crop.

You can also select any size with the rectangular selection tool and then do the same and it will change the canvas to that size.
[/b]

NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

Back
Top Bottom