pic of andrew garfield in new SPIDERMAN COSTUME vol. reboot *Update* 1/18 pics of spidey in action

Originally Posted by sherpashoes

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Can someone explain why they are remaking these already? Are the stories going to be different? Or are they just doing it for money?

roll.gif
roll.gif
theres alot of diff stories... 
grin.gif

i was waiting for garfield the cat in a spiderman costume off that corny the hundreds x garfield collabo they did

i was waiting for garfield the cat in a spiderman costume off that corny the hundreds x garfield collabo they did

Lame, I enjoyed all the Spider-Man movies. Was there really so much to complain about that they had to start over...

for those new to this news of there even being a reboot:
Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012.

Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they aremoving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt thatfocuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problemsand amazing super-human crises.

The new chapter in the "Spider-Man" franchise produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios and Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will have a new cast and filmmaking team. Spider-Man 4 was to have been released in 2011, but had not yet gone into production.

"A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire and together we made three 'Spider-Man'films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one everimagined that we would make history at the box-office and now we have arare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. PeterParker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powershas always been the foundation that has made this character so timelessand compelling for generations of fans. We're very excited about thecreative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots and welook forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad andLaura Ziskin on this new beginning," said Amy Pascal, co-chairman ofSony Pictures Entertainment.

"Working on the 'Spider-Man' movies was the experience of alifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth onetogether, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take thefranchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job,"said Sam Raimi.

"We have had a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration and friendship withSam and Tobey and they have given us their best for the better part ofthe last decade. This is a bittersweet moment for us because while itis hard to imagine Spider-Man in anyone else's hands, I know that thiswas a day that was inevitable," said Matt Tolmach, president ofColumbia Pictures, who has served as the studio's chief productionexecutive since the beginning of the franchise. "Now everything beginsanew, and that's got us all tremendously excited about what comes next.Under the continuing supervision of Avi and Laura, we have a clearvision for the future of Spider-Man and can't wait to share thisexciting new direction with audiences in 2012."

"'Spider-Man' will always be an important franchise for SonyPictures and a fresh start like this is a responsibility that we alltake very seriously," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of SonyPictures. "We have always believed that story comes first and storyguides the direction of these films and as we move onto the nextchapter, we will stay true to that principle and will do so with thehighest respect for the source material and the fans and moviegoers whodeserve nothing but the best when it comes to bringing these storiesand characters to life on the big screen."

The studio will have more news about Spider-Man in 2012 in the coming weeks as it prepares for production of the film.
also emma stone will be cast as gwen stacy, no MJ in this one
emma_stone_20101205_1539745936.jpg

for those new to this news of there even being a reboot:
Peter Parker is going back to high school when the next Spider-Man hits theaters in the summer of 2012.

Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios announced today they aremoving forward with a film based on a script by James Vanderbilt thatfocuses on a teenager grappling with both contemporary human problemsand amazing super-human crises.

The new chapter in the "Spider-Man" franchise produced by Columbia, Marvel Studios and Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin, will have a new cast and filmmaking team. Spider-Man 4 was to have been released in 2011, but had not yet gone into production.

"A decade ago we set out on this journey with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire and together we made three 'Spider-Man'films that set a new bar for the genre. When we began, no one everimagined that we would make history at the box-office and now we have arare opportunity to make history once again with this franchise. PeterParker as an ordinary young adult grappling with extraordinary powershas always been the foundation that has made this character so timelessand compelling for generations of fans. We're very excited about thecreative possibilities that come from returning to Peter's roots and welook forward to working once again with Marvel Studios, Avi Arad andLaura Ziskin on this new beginning," said Amy Pascal, co-chairman ofSony Pictures Entertainment.

"Working on the 'Spider-Man' movies was the experience of alifetime for me. While we were looking forward to doing a fourth onetogether, the studio and Marvel have a unique opportunity to take thefranchise in a new direction, and I know they will do a terrific job,"said Sam Raimi.

"We have had a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration and friendship withSam and Tobey and they have given us their best for the better part ofthe last decade. This is a bittersweet moment for us because while itis hard to imagine Spider-Man in anyone else's hands, I know that thiswas a day that was inevitable," said Matt Tolmach, president ofColumbia Pictures, who has served as the studio's chief productionexecutive since the beginning of the franchise. "Now everything beginsanew, and that's got us all tremendously excited about what comes next.Under the continuing supervision of Avi and Laura, we have a clearvision for the future of Spider-Man and can't wait to share thisexciting new direction with audiences in 2012."

"'Spider-Man' will always be an important franchise for SonyPictures and a fresh start like this is a responsibility that we alltake very seriously," said Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO of SonyPictures. "We have always believed that story comes first and storyguides the direction of these films and as we move onto the nextchapter, we will stay true to that principle and will do so with thehighest respect for the source material and the fans and moviegoers whodeserve nothing but the best when it comes to bringing these storiesand characters to life on the big screen."

The studio will have more news about Spider-Man in 2012 in the coming weeks as it prepares for production of the film.
also emma stone will be cast as gwen stacy, no MJ in this one
emma_stone_20101205_1539745936.jpg

Lame, I enjoyed all the Spider-Man movies. Was there really so much to complain about that they had to start over...

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

this.

instead of a reboot they could've just either done a better sequel or make another movie based on another character.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

this.

instead of a reboot they could've just either done a better sequel or make another movie based on another character.

Starting it over for a new generation is understandable.
But why does Spidey look like he has on a vampire skin suit?
...just glittery.
30t6p3b.gif

Starting it over for a new generation is understandable.
But why does Spidey look like he has on a vampire skin suit?
...just glittery.
30t6p3b.gif

im kinda upset they have yet to turn to carnage as a villain.. favorite character.

im kinda upset they have yet to turn to carnage as a villain.. favorite character.

Jesus Christ I know spiderman isn't supposed to be bulk but they couldn't put a buy more mass on this guy
spideyfawk.jpg

Jesus Christ I know spiderman isn't supposed to be bulk but they couldn't put a buy more mass on this guy
spideyfawk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom