Pics from my trip to Egypt vol. seriously, don't drink the water.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Illuztrious wrote:

Was there for 5 days....about 3 days too long. Not much to see honestly.

It was relatively cheap, I didn't have to fly far; but the dollar goes a long way there.

Honestly, I was kinda bored the whole time. If you've seen one middle eastern country you've seen them all.

Not true at all. What other Middle Eastern country have you been to?

That is the thing with Egypt and depending on which city you go to there. There is a lot of poverty, but you have to know which sights to go to and where to go. Some love it, some hate it.

Egypt, Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, etc....nothing but construction, construction, construction, crazy driving, super old stuff, bazaar's etc. I don't hate it or anything.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I for sure would love to go there. So much history.

Got Greece out of the way, maybe some time Egypt.

Greece is on the list for this spring/summer. Santorini looks AMAZING.

I for sure would love to go there. So much history.

Got Greece out of the way, maybe some time Egypt.

Looks like a fun trip.. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Was there for 5 days....about 3 days too long. Not much to see honestly.

It was relatively cheap, I didn't have to fly far; but the dollar goes a long way there.

Honestly, I was kinda bored the whole time. If you've seen one middle eastern country you've seen them all.

Not true at all. What other Middle Eastern country have you been to?

That is the thing with Egypt and depending on which city you go to there. There is a lot of poverty, but you have to know which sights to go to and where to go. Some love it, some hate it.

Exactly. If you decide to go to Egypt, Id highly recommend going with someone who speaks Arabic or is Egyptian. Completely different experience. Natives have no respect or care for any tourists, tourists in Egypt are seen as easy money.

Traffic in Cairo is
sick.gif

Actually driving in general in Egypt is basically a videogame
laugh.gif

did you take these with the T1i?

sidenote, is it just me or has memphisboi been posting "NICE" in every thread
laugh.gif

the ride from the airport to the hotel was terrifying. never been so scared in my life. i thought naples was crazy.

at one point we were so close to another car i couldve reached inside and changed the song on the stereo.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

did you take these with the T1i?

sidenote, is it just me or has memphisboi been posting "NICE" in every thread
laugh.gif

Yeah. I was using it as a P&S tho'...too hot to really care about taking an artsy photo at the time
laugh.gif

Egypt, Saudi, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, etc....nothing but construction, construction, construction, crazy driving, super old stuff, bazaar's etc. I don't hate it or anything.
You need to go to Beirut, Lebanon. They call it the Paris of the Middle East and their nightlife is crazy. Beautiful girls too. They say it looks like Greece but with bullet holes. You still see some of the devastation left from the civil war and the Lebanon-Israel war from a couple of years ago. Supposedly it is very beautiful. Syria is another one to visit. Damacus has a lot to see. I have many Lebanese and Syrian friends and they love it over there.

I've been to Jordan and left Kuwait when I was 6. I did not like Jordan that much. I hear Kuwait is different now. I also want to visit some of the Middle Eastern/North African countries like Morocco and Tunisia. Of course, I want to visit my ancestrial/motherland, the Palestinian territories/Israel.

at one point we were so close to another car i couldve reached inside and changed the song on the stereo.

Is you crazy?
Never touch an Egyptian mans radio.

Illuztrious wrote:

You need to go to Beirut, Lebanon. They call it the Paris of the Middle East and their nightlife is crazy. Beautiful girls too. They say it looks like Greece but with bullet holes. You still see some of the devastation left from the civil war and the Lebanon-Israel war from a couple of years ago. Supposedly it is very beautiful. Syria is another one to visit. Damacus has a lot to see. I have many Lebanese and Syrian friends and they love it over there.

I've been to Jordan and left Kuwait when I was 6. I did not like Jordan that much. I hear Kuwait is different now. I also want to visit some of the Middle Eastern/North African countries like Morocco and Tunisia. Of course, I want to visit my ancestrial/motherland, the Palestinian territories/Israel.

You had me up until bullet holes
laugh.gif

Seriously I've heard those places are beautiful, I hope to see them someday. Not sure if right now is the right time tho'. Being American + in the military is kind of a handicap sometimes. We have intel on all these countries, alot going on. Especially Egypt tho'. They HATE Israel.

the ride from the airport to the hotel was terrifying. never been so scared in my life. i thought naples was crazy.

Yeah thats usually what really shows the driver if youre a tourist or not... Natives will sit there like its all good
laugh.gif

@Hazeleyed Honey....

About Tunisia and Morocco, heard both are awesome. Have friends from both countries here in Naples. Sounds like amazing places. Once I clear the rest of Europe out the way I'll get into North Africa.

You had me up until bullet holes
laugh.gif

Seriously I've heard those places are beautiful, I hope to see them someday. Not sure if right now is the right time tho'. Being American + in the military is kind of a handicap sometimes. We have intel on all these countries, alot going on. Especially Egypt tho'. They HATE Israel.
Oh yea, of course, most Arabs/Middle Eastern people do not think fondly of Israel. Well, in Lebanon, they've had wars so clearly you see some of the devastation. It also has a different political history and dynamic. In their civil war, you had all these different religions pitted against each other. But, if you go to somewhere like Beirut, all they do is party party party. It is also very religiously mixed, you have the Muslim Sunni and Muslim Shiites, Druzes, Christian Roman Catholics, Orthodox, and Maronites,etc. Lebanon is not as strict/orthodox in some areas, but in other it can be. Does not matter if you are Christian or Muslim, the orthodoxy is embedded in their cultural values. It is more liberal in some areas and tourists can fit right in. Next time you go to Greece, you should visit Beirut, Lebanon. It is cheaper that way.

My top European/Asian destination is Turkey. I am dying to go to Istanbul. I also want to visit Greece. But, I want to do a Euro trip, and especially visit France, Italy, Spain and England for now.

Back
Top Bottom