Pics of the XIV + IX Countdown Pack

i will cop cuz the XIV's are dope as hell to me. i already got the last shots but any black based xiv's are
pimp.gif

They look nice but I'm not getting these based off them looking just like the Last Shots.

Easy pass. I don't like the IX's at all, but I was going to cop this pack, only if it came with the Indiglo XIV's. Guess I was hoping for too much.

Originally Posted by Method Man

I think red and black are always used so much in the contrast that it'd be OD.
As opposed to black and white?

If I were forced to choose only one word to represent everything lacking in Air Jordans today, it would probably be "authenticity." It's no longer about producing the best product, it's about creating something that's "good enough." It's no longer about producing an exact replica of a classic, but a product that's "close enough." They get the dates of his championships wrong, they get the colors on the sneakers wrong, they don't even use authentic Air Jordans in all of their advertisements or even on their apparel. So, to have a product that's "loosely based" on something Jordan fans remember fondly is just another example, to me, of the mediocrity that's come to represent Jordan brand these days.

It's amazing that a company so obsessed with its past could be said to have lost touch with its roots - but it's not the product they've forgotten so much as the passion and philosophy behind it. Tell me that Michael Jordan ever, during his playing days, represented "good/close enough."

This could've been a special product, but instead it's just another decent, but not remarkable, shoe at a premium price.

I expect better but, then again, that's why I'm no longer their target consumer.

I agree with you on the image JB has turned into. But it is after all a profit company and it still has to do what it feels like is best for the sake. Obviously it has gone down hill, but what company hasn't? The clothes quality, the quality of brand new cars, the recalls, etc. The resources and changesin the world has allowed that.
The quality and color are always debatable as said, but I have to say one thing. It isn't really the colorway at times. It's the quality andthe details that can ruin or break the shoe. Jordans look so generic, that even if the colorway matches, the shades and the actual product looks horrible.

I can't complain though, in fact I don't think anyone can, but you have to scoop what is remaining of what they throw out. Get use to it.

I opened a box of legos from 1990 that I found. What's so special? Many things were individually wrapped as opposed to them bundling everything together. If NIKE were to remain so LOYAL so TOP tier ed, they would probably be selling themselves short. JB isn't the only thing cutting back.

Eh, they're alright.. but I'll be saving my money from this package. I'm good with my Last Shot XIV's.

I've been waiting on the IX for a long time now. They look great. I can do without the XIV's though.

Still got my 9 retros pretty much ds and not really feelin the 14's cuz i got last shots so i'll be passin on this pack.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Retro+ colorways have GOT TO STOP.

It's now to the point where just pictures of this stuff is visually abusive.

Those that like this "XIV" ... fine, but consider that buying this stuff is a vote that it's ok. Would you pay $155 for this XIV on its own? Wait... don't answer that.

The objective of these packs is clearer than ever: Package a "passable" version of an OG colorway with a Retro+ colorway that has no meaning, no significance, and no taste.

The OG colorway sells the pack, the Retro+ fills a spot so JB can save what they should be releasing for another possible gimmick. The "Shadow" X's in the X/XIII pack? A joke. Whatever "looks" like a coveted OG colorway, right, JB?

$310 per ... just for some more unsatisfying garbage. AND they won't produce enough to go around anyway. lol

Umm, NO.
sad to day, but this guy is on point...

Personally, those are straight trash, those white lines are so ugly and therye a rip off of the Last shots...

Not bad, but I would have rather seen indiglos.

If we had to have another colorway besides indiglos, those definitely work.

All these gimmicky packs should have been OG colorways...especially since they are overcharging...

IMO they should have released those separately back when they released the last shots, and saved the last shots for the pack...

Odd that they would choose to retro a pair that has already been done, not sure what changes they could make. The originals had a "glittery" sort ofnubuck, that's where you get that from. The glossy midsole (terrible idea) combined with the nubucks almost make it look like black and charcoal grey. Ifeel like JB could have chosen the charcoal and reds even, oh well. I'd much rather buy IXs from 2003 and save the time, money, and effort of buying theseand reselling the XIVs plainly because I dislike them, perhaps better pics of these a loop at the bottom instead of just a hole (like the OGs will sway me andmost of NY differently...

Shoes are coo...
I dont understand why they would release these and not a og color. isnt that the purpose of the packs?
they could've done the idiglos or the oxy green.
Shoes are decent but not a must cop by any means.

(...waiting for the generic "the shape is off post"...)

Oh its coming.

The 23 is not positioned right.The jumpman is to close to the bottom.Theres too much glitter.The quality looks terrible. aNYth1ng's hand is positioned wrong
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom