Planning a trip to Japan any tips would help.

Taking a trip to Japan the Summer of 2010. I was wondering if anyone has been there before. Or possibly lives there now. Or you just have ideas on what Ishould do while there. Any trip ideas would be helpful.

SacKing2023

Originally Posted by Sacking2023

Taking a trip to Japan the Summer of 2010. I was wondering if anyone has been there before. Or possibly lives there now. Or you just have ideas on what I should do while there. Any trip ideas would be helpful.

SacKing2023

i visited my dad's homeland General's Bay last summer and met my cousins
pimp.gif

Was there a few years ago, I made a big thread about it then, not sure if its still around.. My honest advice is go out and get lost. You'll enjoy everyminute of it... Yes it is sneakerhead heaven, but make sure you appreciate all that Japan has to offer other than sneaker related.. You will remember it morewhen you come home, and it will make you want to go back many times over...
Dont take cabs anywhere as they literally charge and arm and a leg.. The japanese subway system is bar non one of the best, and getting around that way its theeasiest way... Food is incredible and like the rule of thumb goes, the smaller and more hole in the wall the place looks, the more amazing the food taste.. Ifgoing out to clubs and such remember that the metro closes at 2 or 3a, i think, but opens back up at 6ish.. so if you cant make it before then just stay outand have more fun hahaha..
I remember there were 3-5 NTers that lived there, but im not sure if they still do as this was a few years back (2005)

Hope that helps.. If you got any specific questions dont hesitate to ask.

Originally Posted by dstylezs

Was there a few years ago, I made a big thread about it then, not sure if its still around.. My honest advice is go out and get lost. You'll enjoy every minute of it... Yes it is sneakerhead heaven, but make sure you appreciate all that Japan has to offer other than sneaker related.. You will remember it more when you come home, and it will make you want to go back many times over...
Dont take cabs anywhere as they literally charge and arm and a leg.. The japanese subway system is bar non one of the best, and getting around that way its the easiest way... Food is incredible and like the rule of thumb goes, the smaller and more hole in the wall the place looks, the more amazing the food taste.. If going out to clubs and such remember that the metro closes at 2 or 3a, i think, but opens back up at 6ish.. so if you cant make it before then just stay out and have more fun hahaha..
I remember there were 3-5 NTers that lived there, but im not sure if they still do as this was a few years back (2005)

not that i'm into sneaker heavily but there's tons of fakes.

Good look dstylezs! I will defiantly be coming to you for more information. Also I will try to find your post.

yea no prob.. Japan was defenitly one of the best expiriences in my life, and i would recommend it to anyone!..

And yes like guy above me said, there are tons of fakes, but if you do go in search for sneakers just stick to "chain" like stores as they have tomaintain their status and accounts proper.. But remember if its to good to be true (especially in japan as everything is expensive) then it probably isnt.

Was there a few years ago, I made a big thread about it then, not sure if its still around.. My honest advice is go out and get lost. You'll enjoy every minute of it... Yes it is sneakerhead heaven, but make sure you appreciate all that Japan has to offer other than sneaker related.. You will remember it more when you come home, and it will make you want to go back many times over...
Dont take cabs anywhere as they literally charge and arm and a leg.. The japanese subway system is bar non one of the best, and getting around that way its the easiest way... Food is incredible and like the rule of thumb goes, the smaller and more hole in the wall the place looks, the more amazing the food taste.. If going out to clubs and such remember that the metro closes at 2 or 3a, i think, but opens back up at 6ish.. so if you cant make it before then just stay out and have more fun hahaha..

The subway shuts down around midnight. Most people go out to clubs on the last train and just stay out until morning when trains start runningagain.

Try to visit somewhere besides Tokyo. The city is great but it can be exhausting and there is so much more to the country.

It helps if you speak/read a little Japanese, especially if you are out in the country, where many of the signs are in Japanese and people do not speak Englishas fluently.

Whatever you do, do not get into any fights.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

The subway shuts down around midnight. Most people go out to clubs on the last train and just stay out until morning when trains start running again.

Try to visit somewhere besides Tokyo. The city is great but it can be exhausting and there is so much more to the country.

It helps if you speak/read a little Japanese, especially if you are out in the country, where many of the signs are in Japanese and people do not speak English as fluently.

Whatever you do, do not get into any fights.
That is something i regret not doing, but on my next trip i will for certain include it... Yea for the general in tokyo most everyone speaks somesort of level of english.. But its more fun buying a enlgish-to-japanese translation book and learning a few things yourself haha..

My best advice is ... indulge on all the beautiful women Japan has to offer... plz see Asian Appreciation thread for examples.

Japan was defenitly one of the best expiriences in my life, and i would recommend it to anyone!..

And yes like guy above me said, there are tons of fakes, but if you do go in search for sneakers just stick to "chain" like stores as they have to maintain their status and accounts proper.. But remember if its to good to be true (especially in japan as everything is expensive) then it probably isnt.
agreed i was born in queens, but to see my father's face after twenty years of being away from home..it was life changing

my girlfriend and father grew closer from the trip.

zj9mci.jpg

I went last summer and it was absolutely dope. I was staying in the heart of Tokyo (Shinjuku) and it was during a holiday so the city wasn't crammed likesardines. Tokyo itself is awesome but if you have time, visit the suburbs, the history & culture there are so amazing. I visited and prayed in the largestmosque in Tokyo, and that was definitely experience. As someone mentioned, the subway shuts down around midnight, so if you're staying in Tokyo, again likesomeone said, just get lost and experience everything. Just have enough money for a taxi ride back to the hotel
laugh.gif
. Bring lots of money, it's easy not to spend too much there but for the full experienceyou gotta try and eat everywhere. I loved going to the temples and writing on the tablets (I forgot the actual name). Seriously, the experience itself wasamazing, and I hope to do it again in the next few years.

For the sneakerhead in you, make sure you visit L.A. Avenue (Napsize.com) and K-Skit. Harajuku is a must of course.

People there were extra friendly. Any time I got lost or needed any sort of help, people definitely tried their best to help out.

edit By the way, I live in New York (Queens) and the flight was 19 hours with a stopover in San Fran.

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

My best advice is ... indulge on all the beautiful women Japan has to offer... plz see Asian Appreciation thread for examples.

only downside to asian women is the hair and the teeth
sick.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

People there were extra friendly. Any time I got lost or needed any sort of help, people definitely tried their best to help out.

edit By the way, I live in New York (Queens) and the flight was 19 hours with a stopover in San Fran.
Yo this is no joke!!!.. My buddy and I took the subway from narita airport to our hotel in Shibuya(about 30min trip), we couldnt find the damnplace to save our lifes, asked random dude for directions, without asking he grabbed one of our bags (we had 5 total) and walked us for 12 blocks to the frontof the hotel, no questions asked nothing, just straight up friendly helping out a stranger... Dont be scared to ask for help, anyone and everyone will help.

Originally Posted by SNSD

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

only downside to asian women is the hair and the teeth
sick.gif
laugh.gif
another stereotype concocted by media and their allure to more"ethnic" looking asians...

but in general's bay most of the girls look like the japanese "americanized" women here in the states.
pimp.gif

now chinese women maybe...in indigenous rural areas, cambodians, vietnamese etc.

Yo this is no joke!!!.. My buddy and I took the subway from narita airport to our hotel in Shibuya(about 30min trip), we couldnt find the damn place to save our lifes, asked random dude for directions, without asking he grabbed one of our bags (we had 5 total) and walked us for 12 blocks to the front of the hotel, no questions asked nothing, just straight up friendly helping out a stranger... Dont be scared to ask for help, anyone and everyone will help.
laugh.gif
hope no one takes this the wrong way,

but if you're black and dress nice, they wanna take picture with you and assume you're famous...it's awsome to see.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kakashi

Yo this is no joke!!!.. My buddy and I took the subway from narita airport to our hotel in Shibuya(about 30min trip), we couldnt find the damn place to save our lifes, asked random dude for directions, without asking he grabbed one of our bags (we had 5 total) and walked us for 12 blocks to the front of the hotel, no questions asked nothing, just straight up friendly helping out a stranger... Dont be scared to ask for help, anyone and everyone will help.
laugh.gif

but if you're black and dress nice, they wanna take picture with you and assume you're famous...it's awsome to see.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
... as bad as it sounds it really is true, but its all in good nature.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

yo this is the TRUTH.

my cuz when to visit his boy in Korea who teaches overseas and hes a big dude bout 6'5" so immedately when he landed son had hella ppl taking pics nishhh they thought he was some NBA player

laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
... as bad as it sounds it really is true, but its all in good nature.
laugh.gif
To be honest I was thinkin about rockin a Kobe Jersey to see what happens. hahaha

To be honest I was thinkin about rockin a Kobe Jersey to see what happens. hahaha
I remember i wore a Biggie shirt one day in Harajuku and they went nuts for it.. Even the Nigerian dudes who sell all the bootlef stuff wanted itfor their store
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom