Plasma vs Lcd: which is better?

1,243
12
Joined Dec 29, 2006
I was thinking about an lcd...but damn..some of the pictures on a few plasmas I saw were
...which is a good plasma model to cop? Or lcd? I'm stuckon the fence between the 2....I'm interested in sizes between 40-50 inches for my room.
 
11,536
50
Joined Apr 4, 2007
Plasmas have better picture quality, but LCDs last longer. It's your choice.
Each have two brands you should be looking at.
Plasmas: Pioneer or Panasonic
LCD: Sony or Samsung
Just those two, nothing else.
 
910
10
Joined Nov 2, 2004
Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Plasmas have better picture quality, but LCDs last longer. It's your choice.
Each have two brands you should be looking at.
Plasmas: Pioneer or Panasonic
LCD: Sony or Samsung
Just those two, nothing else.
true but a plasma will last you 5-7 years. which by that time new technology will be cheaper and most would upgrade anyway.
but Plasma if you like movies. LCD if you have sports or the TV is in a well lit room.
 
48
10
Joined Jun 1, 2001
Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

LCD

/thread.
Really? My Sammy 650 Series Plasma, and most people who have watched a movie on it beg to differ.

My 650 plasma blows my LG LCD out of the water.
 
4,754
186
Joined Dec 29, 2005
i bought LCD, returned it next day for plasma.

if you like sports, fast action movies get plasma

if you want to watch the news in hd get lcd.


and like homie said, in 7 years you gona need a new tv anyways because of technology.

you prefer quality over quantity (time)? hope that makes sense
 
11,536
50
Joined Apr 4, 2007
Originally Posted by mad beats

Mateen Cleaves wrote:
[hr][/hr]
LCD

/thread.
Really? My Sammy 650 Series Plasma, and most people who have watched a movie on it beg to differ.

My 650 plasma blows my LG LCD out of the water.


Samsung's numbered series are LCDs, not Plasmas.
 
9,103
94
Joined Aug 31, 2006
they say supposedly Plasma's will give you the best picture clarity, etc


but in my personal opinion, LCD is better for how I want my picture to look.
One thing you will notice immediately between the 2 is that LCD is much brighter/vibrant, it's all preferance though





plus I heard that they are phasing out Plasma's, but I'm not sure how much truth is in that
 
48
10
Joined Jun 1, 2001
Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by mad beats

Mateen Cleaves wrote:
[hr][/hr]
LCD

/thread.
Really? My Sammy 650 Series Plasma, and most people who have watched a movie on it beg to differ.

My 650 plasma blows my LG LCD out of the water.
Samsung's numbered series are LCDs, not Plasmas.

pn50a650 my friend.
 

arrjae

Banned
4,069
10
Joined Aug 10, 2008

i say buy both!

i have a plasma downstairs and my uncle gave us his lcd to put upstairs , b/c hes moving, nothing is wrong w/ it though....


but for some reason i like the plasma better....
so get the plasma!
 
1,243
12
Joined Dec 29, 2006
^ what size? My uncle got a 50" samsung dlp about 1 yr ago for a good price...picture is nice as hell...esp movies on blu-ray
 
769
10
Joined Apr 5, 2008
I think the picture on plasmas are better, but they are both amazing. It came down to a 50in. plasma and a 55in. Sony LCD for me...sized matters so I pickedthe 55in. I love it. Great for watching games, movies and playing my 360. I have had it for a few years, and plan on keeping it for a while, but will get aplasma eventually.
 
910
10
Joined Nov 2, 2004
Originally Posted by beat street 718

plasmas leave the image burned on your screen so they suck
maybe before. but with the proper calibration it wont happen. unless you leave a still image on the screen for excessive amounts of time.
 
3,500
463
Joined Jul 13, 2004
Plasma isnt a format, so you dont worry about products "phasing" out for it.
Plasma > LCD in color, response, contrast. Its looks great with movies, sports, and games.
 
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now