Players That Have Changed Their In-Game Identity Over Their Careers?

Basic Game Miller was a joke.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

Kobe...he went from explosive, at-will drives
Mamba can still get to the rack whenever he wants....

Uh, no.  I watched almost every Laker game last season and it was painfully clear Kobe lost a lot of spring/driving power since his early days in the league.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

Kobe...he went from explosive, at-will drives
Mamba can still get to the rack whenever he wants....

Uh, no.  I watched almost every Laker game last season and it was painfully clear Kobe lost a lot of spring/driving power since his early days in the league.

Dan Majerle is the one that comes to mind for me - went from being a slasher with a fairly weak outside shot to a great shooter - but still a scrappy hustle player.

Dan Majerle is the one that comes to mind for me - went from being a slasher with a fairly weak outside shot to a great shooter - but still a scrappy hustle player.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Kevin Love has developed a three-point shot since coming into the league.

Corey Brewer is not the stud defensive player like everyone thinks he is.
word k-love has always been good at the 3.
Really? Oh alright. Well in his rookie year he only had 19 attempts and in his sophomore year (last season) he had 106 attempts while missing a month of the season too. Seemed like it came out of nowhere.
It was Randy Wittman he didn't want Love out there. Love made a comment about it last season.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Kevin Love has developed a three-point shot since coming into the league.

Corey Brewer is not the stud defensive player like everyone thinks he is.
word k-love has always been good at the 3.
Really? Oh alright. Well in his rookie year he only had 19 attempts and in his sophomore year (last season) he had 106 attempts while missing a month of the season too. Seemed like it came out of nowhere.
It was Randy Wittman he didn't want Love out there. Love made a comment about it last season.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I definitely remember Kwame's first summer league game and that fool crossing dudes over at the top of the key like a guard and getting to the cup.

I don't know #@* happened.

confidence shot.  long time ago. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I definitely remember Kwame's first summer league game and that fool crossing dudes over at the top of the key like a guard and getting to the cup.

I don't know #@* happened.

confidence shot.  long time ago. 

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

74351723.jpg
to
98938050.jpg

Due to injuries more than personal choice, McDyess has done a good job transitioning from athletic freak to reliable mid-range shooter and position defender.

i used to love dude's game in his early years Denver (1st time) & Phoenix with J Kidd
eek.gif

Severally alleys thrown each game.  Half court, 3/4 court etc.  Dude was/ is very modest too. 

Then the injuries came. 
tired.gif
 Still a good player though but his dunking ability was crazy. 

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

74351723.jpg
to
98938050.jpg

Due to injuries more than personal choice, McDyess has done a good job transitioning from athletic freak to reliable mid-range shooter and position defender.

i used to love dude's game in his early years Denver (1st time) & Phoenix with J Kidd
eek.gif

Severally alleys thrown each game.  Half court, 3/4 court etc.  Dude was/ is very modest too. 

Then the injuries came. 
tired.gif
 Still a good player though but his dunking ability was crazy. 

-Amare used to take the ball up the court and shoot 3's in high school

-Donyell Marshall had seasons where he averaged over 5 Three-Point Field Goal Attempts and seasons where he averaged under 1. Both instances were seasons he averaged 30mpg.

-Amare used to take the ball up the court and shoot 3's in high school

-Donyell Marshall had seasons where he averaged over 5 Three-Point Field Goal Attempts and seasons where he averaged under 1. Both instances were seasons he averaged 30mpg.

Vince Carter comes to mind.  He used to drive the lane hard and DUNK back in his first 2-3 seasons.  Now he relies mostly on that fadeway jumpshot & 3.

Back
Top Bottom