PLAYSTATION NETWORK CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.. is it this serious? I guess so... UPDATED PG 1

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

We in a recession, how do I get in on this?
laugh.gif

How on earth is Sony liable/being held accountable when this is all happening because of some hackers? I'd honestly really like to know.

I'm about as anti-corporation as the next anarchist, but comon, this is ridiculous.

A bank gets robbed by a bunch of armed thugs; in the process, customers of the bank lose online banking services. Do we now sue the bank for failing us?

Is this honestly where we're at as a society?

How on earth is Sony liable/being held accountable when this is all happening because of some hackers? I'd honestly really like to know.

I'm about as anti-corporation as the next anarchist, but comon, this is ridiculous.

A bank gets robbed by a bunch of armed thugs; in the process, customers of the bank lose online banking services. Do we now sue the bank for failing us?

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Son, this is amurrica
laugh.gif
We've sued for far less.

Son, this is amurrica
laugh.gif
We've sued for far less.

This.

I rarely play my PS3 though, and I don't have my CC on there. Everything I bought on PSN was via Redeem Code PSN Points.
grin.gif

This.

I rarely play my PS3 though, and I don't have my CC on there. Everything I bought on PSN was via Redeem Code PSN Points.
grin.gif

Terrible analogy; stupid post.

Terrible analogy; stupid post.

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

Son, this is amurrica
laugh.gif
We've sued for far less.

Frankly, this is one case where I hope the Big Corporation wins.

Utterly ridiculous.

Suing over the inability to access a service that has been free? When we start doing that?

I mean, I guess I would understand if subscribers to the PSN were paying a monthly fee (like X-box customers), but that isn't even, remotely, the case. The ishhh is free.

Furthermore, our inability to access the network was caused by individuals in our very own ranks. We are at fault here. This is one of those situations where the not-so-little-guy is at fault and we need to acknowledge this.

Son, this is amurrica
laugh.gif
We've sued for far less.

Utterly ridiculous.

Suing over the inability to access a service that has been free? When we start doing that?

I mean, I guess I would understand if subscribers to the PSN were paying a monthly fee (like X-box customers), but that isn't even, remotely, the case. The ishhh is free.

Furthermore, our inability to access the network was caused by individuals in our very own ranks. We are at fault here. This is one of those situations where the not-so-little-guy is at fault and we need to acknowledge this.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Two VERY different scenarios.. Sony is collecting personal information, and by doing so, they are RESPONSIBLE to protect that information from hackers like what happened here..
VERY VERY VERY bad comparison to a Bank.. I hope you weren't serious.. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Two VERY different scenarios.. Sony is collecting personal information, and by doing so, they are RESPONSIBLE to protect that information from hackers like what happened here..
VERY VERY VERY bad comparison to a Bank.. I hope you weren't serious.. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Son, this is amurrica
laugh.gif
We've sued for far less.

Utterly ridiculous.

Would you feel the same if your CC info is now used by hackers in order to build thousands of $'s in debt

Son, this is amurrica
laugh.gif
We've sued for far less.

Utterly ridiculous.

Would you feel the same if your CC info is now used by hackers in order to build thousands of $'s in debt

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

This.

grin.gif
You guys are joking right? Sony was storing your credit card information and names all your other personal information IN PLAIN TEXT!!! Websites are not even supposed to store your passwords in plain text, it should be encrypted. Also they waited a week until telling their users about the information being stolen. Maybe if they told everyone right away, but they didn't. Also there security was poor. They had all this information stored on the same network everyone plays the games on. For example, Microsoft has a separate network to store the personal information with all the suers.

Originally Posted by Dunk Demon

This.

grin.gif
You guys are joking right? Sony was storing your credit card information and names all your other personal information IN PLAIN TEXT!!! Websites are not even supposed to store your passwords in plain text, it should be encrypted. Also they waited a week until telling their users about the information being stolen. Maybe if they told everyone right away, but they didn't. Also there security was poor. They had all this information stored on the same network everyone plays the games on. For example, Microsoft has a separate network to store the personal information with all the suers.

Back
Top Bottom