Please lock.

Hopkins isn't going to get knocked out cold. It'll probably be a corner or ref stoppage. Maybe even him quitting. I wonder how Chavez Jr got around his deal with Arum. Who is Haymon going to put him against...Anthony Dirrell?

Yeah, I don't think he'll get knocked out. He spoken about how he knows there's a segment of the fans and media who would love to see him laid out on canvas with his mouthpiece having to be taken out and it just seems that he doesn't want to give anyone that satisfaction. Kovalev hasn't really knocked someone out cold with a single punch, at least that I'm aware of, and I think if Hopkins gets hurt or dropped, he's crafty enough to know how to survive to at least get out of the round at which point he has the option of calling it day.

With that said I'm expecting an extremely defensive Hopkins in this one. He's fully aware that Kovalev is a big puncher and one shot could change things so he's not going to be in there exchanging like he as against Murat.

Last edited:
I hope B-Hop survives.  I am thinking corner stoppage in the later rounds though.  

It would be cool if he wins and retires.  It is crazy what he is doing at his age

The way Hopkins holds and uses his elbows is disgusting, he shouldn't be surprised some people want to see his head knocked off.

Off topic and random but...

Keith Thurman is an idiot.
mean.gif

All of a sudden the real "war" in Boxing is Haymon Vs. Jay/Bey.

The way Hopkins holds and uses his elbows is disgusting, he shouldn't be surprised some people want to see his head knocked off.

This. Hilarious how having a different opinion equates to "hate".
That word is beyond overused and usually gets tossed around when the user has no valid argument(s). Same with "troll", stoneface emoticon, etc

This. Hilarious how having a different opinion equates to "hate".
That word is beyond overused and usually gets tossed around when the user has no valid argument(s). Same with "troll", stoneface emoticon, etc

Saying you wanna see someone "brutally" knocked out is hate in my eyes lol.. It is what it is though, I just hope the entire card delivers

I got B-Hop winning by UD. I could be completely wrong, but I see this going similar to his fight with pavlik

I could be wrong but I like BHOP's chances. His big fight experience will be the difference. His defense is incredible and I wonder what will happen if Kovalev can't land the big power shot?

Here's some prop bet options for Hopkins-Kovalev (courtesy of 5dimes.com):

Bernard Hopkins vs Sergey Kovalev - Light Heavyweight 12 rounds - boxing propositions
Sat 11/8 603 Hopkins/Kovalev goes distance +125
11:00PM 604 Fight won't go distance -155
Sat 11/8 605 Hopkins wins inside distance +2000
11:00PM 606 Not Hopkins inside distance -5000
Sat 11/8 607 Hopkins wins by 12 round decision +243
11:00PM 608 Not Hopkins by 12 round decision -307
Sat 11/8 609 Kovalev wins inside distance -140
11:00PM 610 Not Kovalev inside distance +110
Sat 11/8 611 Kovalev wins by 12 round decision +549
11:00PM 612 Not Kovalev by 12 round decision -920
Sat 11/8 613 Hopkins/Kovalev draw +2500
11:00PM 614 Fight not a draw -4000

I'm tempted by the +2000 for the Hopkins winning within the distance. I know to most it probably sounds like a sucker bet considering Hopkins hasn't stopped anyone in 10 years but I have my suspicions about Kovalev's chin and mental fortitude, especially if the fight taken into the later rounds and Hopkins has shown he still has some pop on his punches. Kovalev has also shown the ability to be cut easy and Hopkins of course often cuts up his opponents whether through punches, headbutts, etc. and if the fight is stopped and goes to the cards and Hopkins is up, you would still win since it accounts for winning in any way within the distance.

Last edited:
Planning to throw some on Kovalev and Ali for this weekend. The media is showing more favoritism towards Hopkins.

Last edited:
I just don't feel comfortable taking a guy who has never been past 8 (and that was years ago) against a guy who's made his mark beating similar and better fighters with a sound strategy for almost all of our lives. I think the stamina is an overlooked part of the picks. Of course Kovalev can nail him with one punch and end it...but we've been saying that will happen since after the Jermaine fights and the only guy who has tagged him well was pillow hands Calzaghe. I'll gladly eat it if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom