Please lock.

Now that Cotto & Canelo is set for May 2nd, I think Floyd has no choice but to fight Pac that same weekend. Going to be interesting to see how all this plays out.

Nah, only Canelo's team has agreed to the terms of the fight so far even tho I wouldn't be surprised if everything was finalized soon... De La Hoya said he wants the fight in Vegas or Texas, but hopefully Cotto doesn't budge and demands it to be at MSG :smokin

Hearing it as well that Floyd may try to fight Pac now just to get that Cinco de Mayo weekend back and upstage Cotto/Canelo.

Lets say they do finally sign the contract. Cotto/Canelo has to change their date right? As long over due Floyd/Pac is it is still the fight everyone wants to see. I know GBP has lots of pride but it would be dumb to try to split the audience and money up. BTW didn't GBP do that a few years ago with a Chavez JR fight? I think there was a Floyd fight that weekend as well...

Good question, I don't know the definite answer but we all know money talks. They came come to an agreement the eve of the fight and make it happen.

I could have swore that Arum through a tantrum about something like this a few years back because HBO was advertising another fight the same weekend as his fight

Doesnt MGM require folks to reserve venues so far in advance?

pretty sure that may 2 date has at least been penciled in.

if floyd and manny get together on the same date, it would be smart for them to move the fight up or back. i dont thing canelo and cotto would be interested in competing for ppv buys.

Last edited:
I originally picked Khan to win comfortably, but now it's up in the air for me. I've been having dreams that Alexander lands an uppercut that puts Khan away.

Last edited:
Bro a Floyd Alexander fight would do AWFUL numbers haha.. I **** with Canelo for trying to steal the date from Floyd and putting pressure on him. Hopefully Floyd's ego is too big to allow that to happen and he chooses to fight pacquiao.

I'd say anywhere from 1-1.5M. Possibly even more if they promote it the way they need to. It'd arguably be the biggest PR vs. Mexican fight in the history of boxing plus its actually a 50-50 fight, a rarity nowadays. I can't even think of the last major PPV where I really had no idea who would win before the fight and also add the fact that they're both exciting fighters to watch. I'd consider going to Vegas or Texas for that, crossing my fingers its in the garden tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom