Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

93 of 96 so far, with Dragonite and Alakazam being 2 of those that dipped :x

Lets say every power up grants you 50 cp. After your mon reaches level 30, the next power up will only grant you about 25 cp

I thought they said CP stops increasing at trainer lvl 30?

As in once you max your mon at lvl 30, you can't power them up anymore?

I could have sworn I read that somewhere?

I thought they said CP stops increasing at trainer lvl 30?

As in once you max your mon at lvl 30, you can't power them up anymore?

I could have sworn I read that somewhere?

I believe there is no difference in the level of pokemon you can catch after trainer level 30. Pokemon also have levels, which people usually use the CP (or the arc) as a proxy for, but you can also figure it out by using an IV calculator.

Hence, you could be a level 30 trainer, catching a level 10 pokemon.

Last edited:
Both trainer and mons have a level
You can catch mons at your trainer level but never above that and wild mon levels are capped at 30.
A mon can be trained up to 1.5 level above the trainer level
So if your trainer level is 30 you can catch level 30 mons and power it up the mon to level 31.5. That will fill up the entire arc.
However the CP increase per power up is diminished by half after a mon reaches level 30

I just reached 29 and when I power my mon level above 30, the cp only yields about half.

I think what he saying is that once you hit level 30 the power ups are cut down by half.. If true thats bs.

I quit

Wow, this IV calculator is even more precise now, with the Team Leader appraisal (select Advanced Options):

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator

Before the appraisal, sometimes I used to have to Power Up to narrow down the IVs/%. Looking forward to going through my herd of Eevees (lol) to find out their exact IVs/% instead of a close guess like before.

Last edited:
Theres huge diminishing returns after a mon reaches past 30 ( not the trainer, a trainer level above 30 can still power a mon level below 30 and get the normal cp rate)

Dust cost is 5000-10000 and candies >>4
And the amount of CP you get is halved

Wtf is IV. That's all I've been reading about on this thread because I've been catching up. Also, some of you on here complain way too much. You take your rare Pokemon for granted.

Back
Top Bottom