Police Appreciation Thread

There are so many threads and news stories about the bad things cops do. It seems like the 1% of cops that do wrong make the whole group look bad. I think that a thread about the bravery they display on a daily basis is warranted. Just today I saw two cops helping a dude push his smoking car down the road. Are these cops asking for recognition for it? No; they're just doing their jobs as servants of the people.

In the eyes of so many cops can do no right: they didn't find a criminal fast enough, they used too much force, they're setting people up, etc. People need to take a step back and show these guys some love. They lay their lives on the line daily for us. As a young black man, I dunno if I've just been lucky but I've never had an issue with the police that I didn't bring upon myself (ie speeding). With all this alleged profiling going on, it seems that I've just lucked out

Change the thread title to "honest cops with integrity appreciation thread"

There are good cops out there but most of them rink that they rule the streets when they really don't

I respect them for doing what a lot of us won't do and that's put their lives on the line to protect us, although not ALL cops are equal and fair that shouldn't be a basis to perceive all cops as bad cops. 

They deal with ********, day in and day out, do a job that revolves around stressful situations. Deal with an element of preconceived and misguided stereotyping.

They are human beings, so mistakes will be made.

People should appreciate Police like they appreciate military personell.

I respect them for doing what a lot of us won't do and that's put their lives on the line to protect us, although not ALL cops are equal and fair that shouldn't be a basis to perceive all cops as bad cops. 

Respect is earned not given. I respect cops on an individual basis. Some are genuinely good people who want to better their communities and I have all the respect in the world for them. Some are crooked douchebags who abuse their power and deserve no respect whatsoever. Each individual cop is different

There's def cool cops out there. Dealt with both sides of the coin but have had a fair share of positive experiences.

There are plenty of good cops out there, it's a shame there's so many out there giving a bad name to the force. :smh:

All there is too it. I've been pulled over a lot of times an I don't hate cops.

I'd say about 25% of the cops I've interacted with in my life were good dudes just doing their job.

The rest fit into the entitled jerk category.

I understand it's a difficult job. Long/obscure hours, stressful conditions, constantly being criticized and viewed as the enemy. Almost every cop I know is divorced so their families are obviously effected as well. I'm guessing some of these factors play into how they treat the general public.

Have had a few bad moments with officers who I could tell were having bad days or just stressed out. Have had run ins with the "you fit the description" type. Doesn't make me appreciate what you do any less. I know you're not all bad. Thank you.

i've came across cool cops but the pigs are the ones that make me dislike all cops.

There are so many threads and news stories about the bad things cops do. It seems like the 1% of cops that do wrong make the whole group look bad. I think that a thread about the bravery they display on a daily basis is warranted. Just today I saw two cops helping a dude push his smoking car down the road. Are these cops asking for recognition for it? No; they're just doing their jobs as servants of the people.
View media item 439008
Only 1%? You can't eem be serious saying something so stupid and naive.

NYPD pulled me and my friend over in Jamaica back in 09'. We were 19. We had an open bottle of Henny, a lit blunt and a little less than an 8th of sour. Cop checked our licenses and everything was clean. He made us pour out our liquor,put out the blunt, and dump our weed in the grass. All we got were seatbelt tickets. After he left I was able to salvage a couple blunts worth of bud. I love the police. :pimp:

i got pulled over, was extremely high and cop let me go after i showed him my books, badge for the hospital, and told him I want to work in the ER. Never been so scared in my life
he was appreciated

View media item 439008
Only 1%? You can't eem be serious saying something so stupid and naive.

What's the percentage then?

Back
Top Bottom