Police Brutality Discussion & Solutions...

I'll just leave this here

Just like in the post before... The root of the problem is in legislation.

You're being just as lazy by saying "**** all cops" as the cops who would be the ones carrying out bad laws.

Lot of yall rage against the wrong machine.

I think he was being sarcastic MMG. 
laugh.gif

Aren't you a cop? Or work in law enforcement in some type of capacity?

All for cops wearing cameras, not a fan of cops but definitely there are some good one that get a bad rap because of the bad ones.
Looking to get into Law Enforcement in the next year or two.

Cops wearing cameras is a great idea.

Issue is, who's going to pay for it?

Who's going to control it? A 3rd party then who?

What happens if the camera gets damaged or doesn't show the whole story when an issue rises? Back to square one.

People will never be satisfied.
That's not up to us to figure out. Clearly the way of doing things currently isn't working in the slightest. As of this year not a week has gone by without a cop making headline news for some wild ****.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/drunken-cop-caught-camera-pulling-gun-gas-station-clerk/

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/11-year-old-building-tree-fort-says-officer-pulled/nfQKK/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...y-sexually-assaulting-girls-article-1.1739170

I mean we can do this all day. The absolute anti-police people are pretty bad, but I consider those that seem to find an excuse for their behavior a majority of the time just as foul.

EDIT: Im anti-cop.. but not all the way gone. Yet. Know a few black policemen that try to drop as much knowledge as they possibly can on black youth like myself with common sense. Much respected.

And those links are recent. With the top link happening today, the second happening yesterday, and the other last weekend
mean.gif

Last edited:

Naw bruh, even if you've done nothing they still try to give you some trumped up charges kuz they just want to hit that quota. It's happened a couple of times n I'm still paying for court fees n something my PD could've gotten reduced to a misdemeanor as a first time offender n no one but the DA pressing charges, so kill that noise. They in it to get you. Sorry I can't go the MJ route n just change the color of my skin. These police know what they're doing, racial profiling is just as strong as ever.

Let me ask you this question. How many things HAVE YOU done?

Police profiling exists, but what you're describing isn't normal even by profiling standards. No black person I know gets stopped HABITUALLY unless they are up to something. All this can be completely avoided by not committing crime in the first place.

I'm not looking for power or control over anyone.

I'm looking to give back and watch over the community I grew up in.

what will you do to give back to your community?

The thing is, you have bad cops that do bad stuff. Then you have "good" cops, that know bad cops are doing bad stuff but don't speak out against/turn a blind eye to it. That then results in "good" cop being just as bad as bad cop. All cops = _____ cops? Easy. Same goes for everyone involved or around the law enforcement/judicial branch. You have a lawyer that knows what bad cops do. Yet said lawyer doesn't speak out/turns a blind eye to it and charges absurd amounts of money for legal representation (a lot of times to poor disenfranchised folks). What does that make the lawyer? That lawyer is now able to make a very comfortable living off the injustices and mistreatment by the bad cop. It's all a system. It's all connected. None of these ppl are truly good unless you hear them giving everything in their power to educate and fight against the establishment. But they would most likely be out of a job, so...

The thing is, you have bad cops that do bad stuff. Then you have "good" cops, that know bad cops are doing bad stuff but don't speak out against/turn a blind eye to it. That then results in "good" cop being just as bad as bad cop. All cops = _____ cops? Easy. Same goes for everyone involved or around the law enforcement/judicial branch. You have a lawyer that knows what bad cops do. Yet said lawyer doesn't speak out/turns a blind eye to it and charges absurd amounts of money for legal representation (a lot of times to poor disenfranchised folks). What does that make the lawyer? That lawyer is now able to make a very comfortable living off the injustices and mistreatment by the bad cop. It's all a system. It's all connected. None of these ppl are truly good unless you hear them giving everything in their power to educate and fight against the establishment. But they would most likely be out of a job, so...

so criminal defense lawyers are working with the police too now?

the ignorance grows daily... :smh:

Sarcastic or you really didn't know that? The lawyers, the judges, the police, the DA, etc....they all eat lunch together. They're all members of the same country club. They're working together. Get hip man.

Sarcastic or you really didn't know that? The lawyers, the judges, the police, the DA, etc....they all eat lunch together. They're all members of the same country club. They're working together. Get hip man.

So when you get arrested/questioned by police, you shouldn't ask to speak to a lawyer right?

So when you get arrested/questioned by police, you shouldn't ask to speak to a lawyer right?

That's at the discretion of whoever's in the situation. The DA isn't going to do anything for one's case. The lawyer may/may not, but you'll be charged a grip more times than not. But I don't see how any of this is negates the fact that they all work together. You don't think the judge and lawyer are on first name basis? You don't think some lawyers who can certain things done is because of how well of a relationship they have with the judge?

That's at the discretion of whoever's in the situation. The DA isn't going to do anything for one's case. The lawyer may/may not, but you'll be charged a grip more times than not. But I don't see how any of this is negates the fact that they all work together. You don't think the judge and lawyer are on first name basis? You don't think some lawyers who can certain things done is because of how well of a relationship they have with the judge?

So you are saying that people who work in the criminal justice field in the same city tend to remember and recognize each other?

Is that the big breakthrough you are trying to broadcast?

Or are you trying to say that lawyers and judges conspire together to defraud people on a wide scale and losing cases while defrauding their clients is beneficial to a lawyers longterm goal?

I don't feel sorry for those who choose to remain ignorant and support a broken system. At the end of the day you deserve everything that's going to happen to you in the long run. Keep believing another human being or group of human beings have some type of "authority" over you. Keep advocating bull**** man made laws. Keep handing you're responsibility to protect yourself and your family over to the state. Keep thinking the military is "protecting" us from something. Keep living in fear. Keep thinking the government has your best interest in mind. Keep thinking none of it is connected. Keep voting. Keep being a slave. if you're comfortable in the box that's been provided for u to live in by all means live and die in that box.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited:
I don't feel sorry for those who choose to remain ignorant and support a broken system. At the end of the day you deserve everything that's going to happen to you in the long run. Keep believing another human being or group of human beings have some type of "authority" over you. Keep advocating bull**** man made laws. Keep handing you're responsibility to protect yourself and your family over to the state. Keep thinking the military is "protecting" us from something. Keep living in fear. Keep thinking the government has your best interest in mind. Keep thinking none of it is connected. Keep voting. Keep being a slave. if you're comfortable in the box that's been provided for u to live in by all means live and die in that box.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
-Ben Franklin
I swear there's like 15 different versions of that Ben Frank quote but I agree.

The United States of America, where you're just as likely to be put in harms way by those attempting to do you harm as you are the ones meant to protect you from it.

-Ben Franklin

:pimp:

Repped

Last edited:

-Ben Franklin
REAL TALK

Looking to get into Law Enforcement in the next year or two.

Cops wearing cameras is a great idea.

Issue is, who's going to pay for it?

Who's going to control it? A 3rd party then who?

What happens if the camera gets damaged or doesn't show the whole story when an issue rises? Back to square one.

People will never be satisfied.

Taxpayers, police budget are bloated as it is, they can afford it.

I'm fine with a 3rd party, with oversight.

3 scenario happens all the time with dash cameras, technology has come a long way, we can figure something out police depts have become militarized.

It has nothing to do with being "satisfied", everything to do with police following procedure and not abusing the public.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Ben Franklin

so feudalism is the answer?

So you are saying that people who work in the criminal justice field in the same city tend to remember and recognize each other?

Is that the big breakthrough you are trying to broadcast?

Or are you trying to say that lawyers and judges conspire together to defraud people on a wide scale and losing cases while defrauding their clients is beneficial to a lawyers longterm goal?

Yes, lawyers and judges conspire together. Lawyers already know what's up. They know the tactics used to rope in bodies (primarily minority bodies, and from that minority pool primarily black male bodies) to fill prison beds. It's business. They all profit from it. Criminal defense lawyers don't have a "well if you don't win the case it's free" type of clause. You're talking about a lawyers long term goals when a lawyer gets paid regardless of what the ruling is. Remember, losing a case can also be categorized as someone taking a plea deal knowing their innocent. But of course the lawyer (as they should) will tell them the risk associated with taking certain cases to trial. The lawyer knows the game. The lawyer plays the game.

Back
Top Bottom