Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

The "local radio"?  I watch the news DAILY, If this got as much coverage as Trayvon did it would have more of an effect. But the media doesn't give a damn about those kids. The media is all about sensationalism. One white man shooting and killing a black person is news because believe it or not it doesn't happen all that often. A school shooting is "news". But kids dying daily in the inner city really doesn't get as much coverage because that's baseline.

We're in complete agreement about media and news sensationalism of issues. News only goal seems to be fear mongering. We as individuals have to search hard for real unbiased news. For me personally, it seems to be harder and harder by the day.

From the smallest town to the greatest city in the USA, we are truly in a horrible place.

it now has nat'l coverage

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-missouri-police-shooting-20140810-story.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...BlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories
FERGUSON, Mo. — At a news conference Sunday, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said thefatal shooting of a black teenager  came after an altercation with police.

On Saturday, 18-year-old Michael Brown was killed by police in Ferguson, Mo., a suburb of St. Louis.

Belmar said the incident started when Brown physically assaulted the police officer, pushing him into the officer's vehicle. He said there was a struggle inside the car, and at some point Brown reached for the officer's weapon. One shot was fired inside the vehicle.

Brown suffered fatal gunshot wounds outside of the vehicle, approximately 35 feet from the car. Belmar said multiple shell casings were found at the scene, and that Brown was shot more than once, but an exact number of shots fired has not yet been determined. All the shell casings came from the officer's weapon.

Belmar confirmed Brown was unarmed at the time of the shooting.

The medical examiner is conducting an investigation to determine how many times Brown was shot. It will take several weeks before toxicology results are available.

The officer who shot Brown has been with the Ferguson Police Department for about six years and he wasn't aware of other issues involving the officer. He is on paid administrative leave. The officer was interviewed Saturday, and will be interviewed more extensively Sunday. Jackson told Belmar the officer will undergo two psychological evaluations if it is determined he can return to active duty.
The unnamed officer who fired the shots -- who has been on the force for six years -- has been placed on paid administrative leave. 

The number of shots fired is unknown, though Belmar said Brown was shot “more than just a couple of times. According to Belmar, Brown was walking with a friend in the middle of the street when an officer attempted to exit his vehicle. Police said Brown pushed the officer back into the police car.

Brown then entered the officer’s vehicle and a struggle ensued over the officer’s weapon, according to police. During the physical altercation a shot was fired inside of the car.

The officer and Brown then exited the vehicle and at that point the fatal shooting occurred, Belmar said.

Witnesses have had different accounts.

Dorin Johnson, a friend of the victim, told Fox 2 that he was walking in the street with Brown when the police squad car pulled up. The officer said to "Get the eff onto the sidewalk," he recounted.

"It was not but a minute from our destination and we would be off the street," Johnson said.

Johnson said the officer didn't get out of his police car, but "reach[ed] his arm out the window and grabbed my friend around the neck."

"I witnessed the police chase after the guy, full force," said witness Piaget Crenshaw. "He ran for his life. They shot him and he fell. He put his arms up to let them know that he was compliant and he was unarmed and they shot him twice more and he fell to the ground and died."

To be a cop, you barely need a high school diploma. It needs to be harder to become a cop. Potential cop's should be vetted thoroughly but that seems to not be the case.

I know the NWO conspiracy theorists are going to hate this comment, but the road to being a cop should go through the military imo. Be a soldier for 4 years, then be eligible to apply for an officer's position.

By officer, I meant police officer, not an officer of the military ranks.

Last edited:
Yeah this is absurd, they have no effin clue what damage control even means, they out there excersicing MUSCLE and nothin else, showing the public they have numbers and weapons and that they shouldn't be **** with as opposed to sympathizing with a mourning community, the justice system is an absolute joke.

Regular black civilians can't show their weapon to get "an advantage" and it's provoking, but when the police do it, it's for protection. **** is ridiculous.

View media item 1124855

To be a cop, you barely need a high school diploma. It needs to be harder to become a cop. Potential cop's should be vetted thoroughly but that seems to not be the case.

I know the NWO conspiracy theorists are going to hate this comment, but the road to being a cop should go through the military imo. Be a soldier for 4 years, then be eligible to apply for an officer's position.

i really wish it was more difficult to become a cop.

there are a bunch of knuckleheaded, hot tempered, bonafide dickwads patrolling the streets at any given time behind the badge. 

Last edited:
Even if it were harder to be a cop, once you get in, it's still a fraternity and they look out for each other. Internal affairs shouldn't be comprised of former police. I think IA should be normal civilians who have no connection to the police sitting on a board hearing out the different cases that come their way.

With civilians investigating, hopefully they wouldn't feel pressure to look out for cops...

Last edited:

A good percentage of pigs are ex military already. I got 4 in my family. All ex marines. In some instances these people are even worse then others. I get the point you're trying to make but it's fighting fire with gasoline.

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I'm not too fond of this idea. A poorly trained ******* is bad enough.

I wouldn't want one with military training out here on these streets.
Even if it were harder to be a cop, once you get in, it's still a fraternity and they look out for each other. Internal affairs shouldn't be comprised of former police. I think IA should be normal civilians who have no connection to the police sitting on a board hearing out the different cases that come their way.
This idea I like. The same way we're judged by civilians they should be too. A healthy system of checks and balances.

I don't believe former armed forces members should be the stepping stone for becoming police officers. Those are the same hot tempered people that decide to join in the first place. add to the fact that those that do see action deal with the likes of PTSD and what not. IMO of course

I don't believe former armed forces members should be the stepping stone for becoming police officers. Those are the same hot tempered people that decide to join in the first place. add to the fact that those that do see action deal with the likes of PTSD and what not. IMO of course
THIS. I'd be more scared of them than regular cops. Their experiences would probably make them more prone to being trigger happy.

The problem is current cops seem to be hot heads, military members are seen as hot heads, maybe the real problem is how they are trained

The secret service seems to behave, maybe military and police should be trained to their standards. I've never been in military or police, so I don't know how feasible that solution is...

I'm just trying to figure something out before my son grows up to be shot down just because he's a black male in America

Last edited:
The problem is current cops seem to be hot heads, military members are seen as hot heads, maybe the real problem is how they are trained
or, it's the key demographic that these organizations actively seek out.

either way, it needs an overhaul. 

or, it's the key demographic that these organizations actively seek out.

either way, it needs an overhaul. 

This is a board full of intelligent members, who all seem to be able to reach their respective social networks. Back in the 60s, everything was done by word of mouth in very small sections. If every person commenting strongly on this thread were to start in their own areas, maybe change could come... guys talk about nt summits for all types of reasons. Maybe this is the reason.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by Jonnie Roccsz.

WATCH

Last edited:
Now it's time for the circus.

The officer has been placed on paid leave, the victim has been reported to have reached for the officer's weapon, n the National Media is now going to dictate public opinion on the matter. FOX News will paint the victim to be another ******, I mean "thug", MSNBC will speak loudly, but forget their stick at home, Sharpton n Jackson will poke their greedy noses in this (Exploiting the black community's plight, yet doing nothing, again), the NAACP will try to get results, but red tape n bureaucracy will prevent that, n Anderson Cooper will reach out for an exclusive with the friends n family. It's always the same revolving door n there will be no justice for the victim nor his family.

In the coming week(s), if this is still a topic (Which it probably will kuz nobody wants to report the Ebola, Israel-Gaza, nor Ukraine crises all day) the officer will be shown to be a bright, young man trying to make a difference n it was just a tragic accident; as always. The family will be made to cry on National TV, kuz the questions will be constructed to do so kuz it gets ratings. The investigation will yield no evidence of a wrongful death n therefore no charges will be filed; the officer will return to duty in about a month's time. The family will have no closure since no one is punished for this, except the victim. Finally, there will be occasional coverage on what the young man's community is now doing, albeit temporary, to help protect it's youth from the very system that caused this in the first place...Then we start all over when the next poor, young, colored man is killed by law enforcement.

Meanwhile on NT, we will have debates n conversations that will be one of three things: A) Closet racists will attack other closet racists, in an attempt to show off whose ignorance is worse, B) Apples to oranges comparisons on what type of atrocities are worse than others, n whose plight is more deserving of pity, C) Intelligent discussion that gives insight to the way others feel about the situation.

Lionblood has been at it for months now, how has he not been banned?
You act like there's something wrong with trying to get all the information, before making a decision, as opposed to simply thinking what the media wants you to. 

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by Jonnie Roccsz.

WATCH

**** is disgusting :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom