Possibly the biggest L anyone can take.. 750LI

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by kiendienn

the 7 series is just a joke, your M3 should be fine
pretty much, havent heard of too many problems with the M3 if any at all honestly.

7 series, thats another story. NT has lots, check google
roll.gif
and personal with a friend who had one. i wouldnt take that car if someone sold it to me for dirt cheap.

So true.

I remember reading an article stating in the 7 was actually designed to be leased not owned. The  only reason it really exists as a flagship is to make BMWs other cars seem more affordable in comparison.

IE Johnny Walker Blue Label priced at $350.00 makes the $50.00 bottle of  Black Label look like a much better deal.

off topic but if youre payin 350 for a bottle of blue... damn... just damn.  and also, there is a discernible difference between blue and black.

NoTurninBack wrote:
She was never notified of any recalls, the shop she took it to get serviced at had nothing but ASE certified mechanics and master mechanics. The battery was just replaced apparently the computer has to be programmed when the battery is  replaced..

OP: Look deeper into this.

It isn't very likely, but not impossible either.  Her battery/electrical system may have been "over charged" by the alternator causing it to heat up and eventually catch fire.  

Many BMWs need their battery to be programed registered in the computer so the charging profile (voltage, amperage, etc.) can be adjusted appropriately. I think most BMW OEM batteries are Exide and you can use non OEM if they have a similar or identical electrical rating. But BMW or an independent with the right service tools needs to "register" the new battery so it will not be damaged by the car improperly charging it. From what I read, over time the computer adjusts the charging profile of a battery as it ages. So if you just stick a new battery in there, the computer doesn't know and continues to treat it like an old battery... and this can lead to battery failure.

Can you please tell me where you read this!? She had the battery replaced about 3 weeks ago the old one died because she never drove it. Instead of just taking it to get charged she had it replaced at the mechanic shop I mentioned earlier. From what I understand the shop only works on BMWs she paid something like 800.00 to get the car towed, battery replaced and programed/registered.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

laugh.gif
true

man i cant believe i am saying this but...

poor credit does not mean someone is poor or even cash poor and having great credit does not mean someone is rich.  hell, i have 800+ across all 3 bureaus and im poor as hell.

some people are just bad with money management, but it doesnt mean they dont have money or dont know how to make money.  a lot of celebrities with high net worths have terrible personal credit because they dont bother to maintain their credit.  it doesnt really affect them as they probably dont need credit.  I'd bet my entire life savings (which is meager) that someone like Jay-Z has sub 700 credit.  Does it matter?  Not for him, cause someone with his net worth and earning potential can walk into any bank and get approved for virtually any loan at prime rates.

By definition, poor money management skills means that you're not going to have money for long.  Look at TO.  His credit is trashed and so is his bank account because he didn't know how to handle it.  On the same note, financing a 7 series with trashed credit is also a dumb idea.  First because it's in the top 5 of worst depreciating vehicles.  Secondly because you're getting TAKEN on the interest rate.

A little known secret is that most doctors are broke because they buy a BMW/Benz out of medical school along with a private club membership and keep their student loans around for decades while only maintaining about $20-30K in the bank (if that).
Good post. Never a smart idea to pull that stunt. Not only does she still owe on it, her credit sucks so the rate must be awful, AND the insurance lapsed. It's like a clinic on what not to do.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

laugh.gif
true

poor credit does not mean someone is poor or even cash poor and having great credit does not mean someone is rich.  hell, i have 800+ across all 3 bureaus and im poor as hell.

some people are just bad with money management, but it doesnt mean they dont have money or dont know how to make money.  a lot of celebrities with high net worths have terrible personal credit because they dont bother to maintain their credit.  it doesnt really affect them as they probably dont need credit.  I'd bet my entire life savings (which is meager) that someone like Jay-Z has sub 700 credit.  Does it matter?  Not for him, cause someone with his net worth and earning potential can walk into any bank and get approved for virtually any loan at prime rates.

By definition, poor money management skills means that you're not going to have money for long.  Look at TO.  His credit is trashed and so is his bank account because he didn't know how to handle it.  On the same note, financing a 7 series with trashed credit is also a dumb idea.  First because it's in the top 5 of worst depreciating vehicles.  Secondly because you're getting TAKEN on the interest rate.

A little known secret is that most doctors are broke because they buy a BMW/Benz out of medical school along with a private club membership and keep their student loans around for decades while only maintaining about $20-30K in the bank (if that).

$20k to $30k in the bank is descent IMO (assuming you have other investments ie: Roth IRA, 401K, stock, etc.)

Originally Posted by bruza

$20k to $30k in the bank is descent IMO (assuming you have other investments ie: Roth IRA, 401K, stock, etc.)
Something tells me that the accounts I was handling weren't funding anything else.  There were several accounts that were constantly overdrawn.  We also had one doctor who had $20K embezzled from his accounts by his secretary before he even noticed.

NoTurninBack wrote:

NoTurninBack wrote:
She was never notified of any recalls, the shop she took it to get serviced at had nothing but ASE certified mechanics and master mechanics. The battery was just replaced apparently the computer has to be programmed when the battery is  replaced..

It isn't very likely, but not impossible either.  Her battery/electrical system may have been "over charged" by the alternator causing it to heat up and eventually catch fire.  

Many BMWs need their battery to be programed registered in the computer so the charging profile (voltage, amperage, etc.) can be adjusted appropriately. I think most BMW OEM batteries are Exide and you can use non OEM if they have a similar or identical electrical rating. But BMW or an independent with the right service tools needs to "register" the new battery so it will not be damaged by the car improperly charging it. From what I read, over time the computer adjusts the charging profile of a battery as it ages. So if you just stick a new battery in there, the computer doesn't know and continues to treat it like an old battery... and this can lead to battery failure.

Can you please tell me where you read this!? She had the battery replaced about 3 weeks ago the old one died because she never drove it. Instead of just taking it to get charged she had it replaced at the mechanic shop I mentioned earlier. From what I understand the shop only works on BMWs she paid something like 800.00 to get the car towed, battery replaced and programed/registered.

I spend a lot of time online visiting Car Forums, usually just Buick and Cadillac, but I wind up on the Bimmer pages occasionally.

I suggest you or your friend make an account at bimmerforums.com, bimmerfest.com, bimmerwerks.com  or any of the other countless BMW forums and share your story. I think you will get a lot of help from people in the BMW community. Any time a car spontaneously combusts people who own the same or similar vehicles tend to take interest.

Something tells me that the accounts I was handling weren't funding anything else.  There were several accounts that were constantly overdrawn.  We also had one doctor who had $20K embezzled from his accounts by his secretary before he even noticed.

Understood sir.  You're a CPA?

Understood sir.  You're a CPA?
No, used to be a personal banker.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by moneymike88

eh.. I have a center punch and an emergency seat belt cutter.
I'm pretty sure that he meant a gun
didn't think of that... but what would that have to do with the OP?
Actually, I was referring to the guy who always kept a hammer in his car, especially when he does meet up in case of anything
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I've got nothing more to add but a quick search online shows many other BMW owners had their car go up in flames too.

Should I be concerned? Just took delivery of my '11 M3 Sedan.
the 7 series is just a joke, your M3 should be fine
pretty much, havent heard of too many problems with the M3 if any at all honestly.

7 series, thats another story. NT has lots, check google
roll.gif
and personal with a friend who had one. i wouldnt take that car if someone sold it to me for dirt cheap.
laugh.gif

Someone tried to sell me a 7 series for dirt cheap, good thing i said NO 
laugh.gif

I don't understand how people push major luxury whips like that, but let their insurance lapse.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I'm pretty sure that he meant a gun
didn't think of that... but what would that have to do with the OP?
Actually, I was referring to the guy who always kept a hammer in his car, especially when he does meet up in case of anything
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
..I have a 7 iron for that.

NoTurninBack wrote:

I spend a lot of time online visiting Car Forums, usually just Buick and Cadillac, but I wind up on the Bimmer pages occasionally.

I suggest you or your friend make an account at bimmerforums.com, bimmerfest.com, bimmerwerks.com  or any of the other countless BMW forums and share your story. I think you will get a lot of help from people in the BMW community. Any time a car spontaneously combusts people who own the same or similar vehicles tend to take interest.

Thanks for the in for I make a thread on bimmerfest.com and bimmerforums.com hope it helps. 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom