\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Honestly at 85k, I'd rather have the 911.. But I'm a cheerio shaped dude, so a Cayman probably isn't for me anyways :lol:...

Would love a 1M as a DD & a Cayman GT4 for the track. :lol:

987.2's go for high 30's, low 40's, but thats also
996 Turbo territory. Which of course would be
more fun on the streets.

Who's that nt'er that drives the 3000gt/vr4?

Saw one on Craigslist and looked up the stats :pimp:

Only stock import I'd drive .

That would be me. VR-4's get a bad rep because most I've seen are driven hard and not properly maintained. They are fun cars, though and if you can find a nice stock one (I don't see the 99 rear wing on that car although it has a 1999 front end), keep it and maintain it. If you mod it, do not buy cheap parts. There's nothing worse than seeing a nice car have issues due to saving some money now, and then spending even more later.

If you buy it, I can show you some sites that have all the knowledge that you can want and also some sites that cater to the 3/S community.

What cylinders?

:smokin

On the topic of wankels and displacement.... Advertised displacement on wankels is very misleading.

Take the 13b for example.... The claimed 1.3 liters is little more than marketing ********, mainly to lower insurance prices therefore selling more cars and to a lesser extent, make an excuse for the lack of torque rotaries make. It's not an adequate comparison to a piston engines displacement.

A rotary take a chamber (cylinder) charge every revolution of the eccentric (crank) shaft per rotor. In a 2 rotor 13b engine, that means 654cc x2 = 1.3 liters per revolution.

A 4 stoke piston engine however, only takes a cylinder charge every second revolution. So if we want to compare a rotary to a piston engine, we need count the displacement over 2 revolutions. Meaning the 13b rotary is equal to 2.6 liters piston engine

If you want to look at the 13b rotary's real capacity, you need to measure the volume of all chambers doing one cycle (the same way we measure a piston engine's displacement). This is also referred to as swept volume. That gives us a volume of 3.9 liters

Cliffs:

3.9 liters is the true volume of a "1.3 liter" wankel if we were to judge the rotary by the same rules as piston engines.

But it's not a piston engine.

What happened to no the "no replacement for" statement? So now we're actually getting more into depth, and determining that isn't the deciding factor on a better performing engine?

"No replacement for displacement" is the equivalent of saying the acceleration of gravity= 9.8 m/s^2. Or saying 2>1

You're trying to argue laws of physics. Greater displacement, more potential for power? Well, no **** :lol:

:lol: what ?

I'm not trying to argue anything. My statements on wankels weren't directed at anyone or intended to disprove anything. I'm just trying to drop some knowledge and generate some discussion.

I figured you were on team "no replacement for displacement".

My bad lol

Also you can't argue wankel engines against traditional piston engines... They act in two entirely different ways, they just have the same fuel and end result... It's like comparing the Beatles to Wu Tang... They both put out amazing music, but accomplished it very different ways...

Congrats fam. I always liked the Legacy, very sharp looking car.

What kinda deal did they give you since the new model is out?

He must really like that BRZ over a lot of other cars
eek.gif

21 year-old spends 30k on aftermarket upgrades for new 2015 BRZ:

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/21-year-old-spends-30k-aftermarket-upgrades-new-2015-brz
A story from the Houston Chronicle tells of a 2015 Subaru BRZ buyer who wanted more from his sport coupe. According to HC, a University of Texas Dallas student bought his first new car, a Subaru BRZ for his 21st birthday. The rear-wheel-drive coupe in stock trim comes with a 200hp 2.0-liter Subaru boxer engine and provides plenty of fun for driving enthusiasts.

Brian Jun had even more money to spend and the 21 year-old college student drove to Manassas, Virginia to have PTuning, a performance and auto service center, install one of their turbocharging kits on his new Subaru BRZ. Jun says “the BRZ's power at the wheels has nearly doubled.” Jun wasn’t finished yet and added even more performance goodies.

Congrats fam. I always liked the Legacy, very sharp looking car.

What kinda deal did they give you since the new model is out?
Thanks! I bought it October 2013 for $24k out the door. Financed $14k with 0.9% so I'm paying about $296 for 4 years.

Last edited:
lol dude couldve just made payments for a 56k car thats wayyyy better instead of a dam brz the hell is he thinking :lol:

Last edited:
lol dude couldve just made payments for a 56k car thats wayyyy better instead of a dam brz the hell is he thinking
laugh.gif
My friend pretty much did the same thing he bought a s14 240sx with a sr20 for 13k and then 2 years later rips it apart and puts in a built ls1 in it. He put in about 25k+ in the car within 2 years.

I would of just bought a corvette instead

Last edited:
Maybw he just likes the look

I understand his actions

Anyways im so damn bad at taking off oil filters idk why i cant do it

My friend pretty much did the same thing he bought a s14 240sx with a sr20 for 13k and then 2 years later rips it apart and puts in a built ls1 in it. He put in about 25k+ in the car within 2 years.

I would of just bought a corvette instead

Built not bought.

Sometimes it isnt the final product, but how you got there. I could completely understand why he did what he did.

people like what they like

Its one thing to like what you like its another to judge another persons car when you haven't spent a dollar on it.

There are a million ways to spend money in this world and there is no right or wrong way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom