\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Why is carmax a joke?
Have you ever been through the process of trying to sell or buy a car from them? 

They want to give you poor trade in condition price for your car but charge high retail for theirs.

I tried trading my A5 to them got lowballed, went 10 minutes down the road and got offered $6k more 
laugh.gif

Also the no haggle price thing is ridiculous. Ive never had to pay sticker price on any car including all the fees. 

Last edited:
Icic. There pretty new to my city. I thought the whole no haggle thing was a joke [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

whats with all da gt4 hype glad to see it on da nurburg

any nurburg times
engine specs
performance numbers etc

i need somethin

Have you ever been through the process of trying to sell or buy a car from them? 

They want to give you poor trade in condition price for your car but charge high retail for theirs.

I tried trading my A5 to them got lowballed, went 10 minutes down the road and got offered $6k more :lol:  

Also the no haggle price thing is ridiculous. Ive never had to pay sticker price on any car including all the fees. 

It's ridiculous if you're not aware of their business model, that is how Carmax makes money.

If you want the best value, sell privately. I'm sure you already knew this, just sayin

yeah carmax is for people that want a simple transaction. good thing i think is that all of their cars are pretty good mechanically so you don't have to worry about that when buying used. you're not going to get the best value selling or buying from them, but the value comes from the ease of transaction.

yeah carmax is for people that want a simple transaction. good thing i think is that all of their cars are pretty good mechanically so you don't have to worry about that when buying used. you're not going to get the best value selling or buying from them, but the value comes from the ease of transaction.
The g37s i was looking at was a pretty decent deal 17k  it was a 08 with 54kmiles

94 Integra you will be missed and never forgotten. 
Your totaled soul will live on in the down payment of this GTI and probably in parts yanked off to help other integras live on.
RIP.
like the GTI...but i think vw was on that stuff approving those detroit rims. them joints never sat right with me lol
Always thought those wheels were trash.

Last edited:
whats with all da gt4 hype glad to see it on da nurburg

any nurburg times
engine specs
performance numbers etc

i need somethin
Mid-engine flat six (lifted from the 911 Carrera S) 3.8L producing 380bhp at 7400 rpm. Rumored Nürburgring lap time of 7m 40s, in the same realm as the  Gallardo Superleggera, Mercedes SLS, 997 GT3, and faster than a 911 Turbo S

New Cayman GT4...goodnight 911
it looks clean as **** but it's too underpowered.  911 turbo >
This thing blows away my old Cayman R and the current GTS.  This is the car many 911 owners have feared for years, placing a 3.8 in a mid-engine platform.  I can't wait to drive this beast.  This is going to be the new standard for driver's cars, and its going to be offered only in a manual transmission 
nthat.gif

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/porsche-cayman-gt4-revealed-2015-02-03
[h1]The 380bhp Porsche Cayman GT4 is here[/h1][h2]The most powerful Cayman has landed: fixed-wing, track-biased monster shares bits with 911 GT3[/h2]
Is this the Cayman  to rule them all? It just might be. In fact, it just might be the Porsche  to rule them all. The most powerful production Cayman in history has been revealed: ladies and gentlemen, meet the GT4.

It's a serious bit of kit and, as such, requires some serious name-checking; Porsche  references the gorgeous 904 GTS, the 911 GT1, the Carrera GT, and of course, the 918 Spyder.

Why? Because they're all mid-engined. And the engine in the middle of this Cayman GT4 is a peach, too. It's the 3.8-litre flat-six lifted from the 911 Carrera S, here producing 380bhp at 7,400rpm, making it the most potent Cayman ever: the Cayman GTS (here battling the BMW M4)  makes 340bhp from its 3.4-litre unit.

It's matched to a six-speed manual, and only a six-speed manual. Porsche is not offering the PDK automatic gearbox as an option on this one, so it's a stick-shift with dynamic gearbox mounts as standard.

Power is, naturally, transmitted to those rear wheels, with Porsche claiming a 0-62mph time of just 4.4 seconds - a full half second quicker than the Cayman GTS - and top speed of 183mph.

There is also talk of a Nürburgring lap time of 7m 40s, which puts it in some very fast - though unofficial - company, like a Gallardo Superleggera, a Merc SLS, a 997 GT3, and faster even, than a 911 Turbo S. Yowser.

Such a stonking lap time hints at the Cayman GT4's uprated chassis. Porsche tells us the GT4's genetic makeup is shared with the 911 GT3, so it gets 30mm lower suspension, better brakes, and a large fixed rear wing that reduces lift and generates that lovely downforce. It weighs in at 1340kg, the same as a Cayman S.

There's also a mechanical limited-slip diff between the rear wheels, along with Porsche's torque vectoring system, stability management, a sports exhaust, 20in alloys, sports seats, leather/Alcantara trim, the Sport Chrono pack, and lots of connectivity.

The option remains to spec ceramic brakes, CFRP seats and the Club Sport pack, should you wish to exercise your green.

Speaking of which, you're probably wondering how much this little nugget of mid-engined Porsche weighs in at. Prices start at £64,451, which puts it at just under £10k more than a Cayman GTS. But look at it another way - it's just under £20k less than a 911 Carrera S, and around £35k cheaper than a 911 GT3.

It's been long rumoured that Porsche stymied the performance of the Cayman to prevent it trampling on the toes of big-brother 911. Now the sweetest mid-engined coupe you can buy has been let off the leash, should its rear-engined granddaddy be worried?

Is the Cayman GT4 - 918 arguably excepted - the new Porsche of choice?

Last edited:
380hp sure as hell aint underpowered if its getting 7:40 on the nurburg sheesh thats a fastttt *** lil cayman :lol:

Last edited:
Saw this clean 1M at carmax yesterday

Might pick up a g37s coupe from them

Forget the g and get this. It will be a collectors item in the future

This... It will never desperate unless it's totaled...

New Cayman GT4...goodnight 911
it looks clean as **** but it's too underpowered.  911 turbo >

I'm sure it makes more than the advertised 380hp... Porsche will just never let it undercut the 911...

Back
Top Bottom