\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Basically you want the turbo to draw in free flowing air as possible for efficiency

Already being close to the engine blocks hurts that

I noticed trucks with twin turbo setups will have them all the way in the rear of the the bed

There's top mount, bottom mount, rear mount. People that go with go with a rear mount setup often due it for the ease of installation and you can run bigger turbos cause there isn't much restriction on space.

Forward Facing turbo is very common for Evos, looks sick tucked into the grill. They sound insane too.  I rode in a 800+ WHP one

rs_trailer.jpg

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, air is going directly into turbo. Instead of having to go in through your hood getting warmed up in there. Coolest consistant air going to the turbo? I'm no expert tho. I'd be scared of crap getting in there as a daily. God forbid you hit a puddle

Don't think you'd get enough water in there to hurt anything, now having your exhaust sicking straight up outta the hood is another story :lol:

They also make these little mesh screens you can put over the turbo housing that would prevent debri or bugs from getting in there.
Like this?

Wasn't someone in here wanting me to keep an eye out for TT Supras? Might have been @metsn13 ?  Well someone came into my work today looking to sell of 4 or 5 of his cars.  including a real 69 Shelby GT350 and a 6 Speed TT Supra with incredibly low miles

If I'm not mistaken, air is going directly into turbo. Instead of having to go in through your hood getting warmed up in there. Coolest consistant air going to the turbo? I'm no expert tho. I'd be scared of crap getting in there as a daily. God forbid you hit a puddle

Don't think you'd get enough water in there to hurt anything, now having your exhaust sicking straight up outta the hood is another story :lol:

They also make these little mesh screens you can put over the turbo housing that would prevent debri or bugs from getting in there.
Like this?

That thing is ugly as sin
I mean it ahint supposed to be pretty but it's an example

They also make cooler versions on them

Basically what everyone else mentioned.

But in my specific case I would need to run a rotated kit no matter what to run a significantly larger turbo due to its tight stock location. You can still be limited to size on FF and fog mounted turbos, you just have to have all your piping custom for that turbo.

It has a lot of cons you wouldn't want to deal with for even a weekend driver. If it's a garage queen, drag/street car than yea this would be ideal. I can make the same power on an exact same FF kit as I would on the usual rotated kits they make, but the in-your-face factor is what lead me to want a fog-mount turbo kit.
Gotcha, if it's mainly for looks, has lots of cons, and no big power difference, then it doesn't seem worth it.

I'm too lazy to post individual pics, but I have a few pics up at https://www.instagram.com/gsh702/  . The GT2RS cf mirrors supposedly cost 3,500 bucks or something like that. It was on the car when I got it. I got the car 4 years ago with less than 1,200 miles or so on the clock and had it shipped from Long Island NY to vegas. Are any of you other porsche guys rennlisters?

Last edited:

I'm too lazy to post individual pics, but I have a few pics up at https://www.instagram.com/gsh702/  . The GT2RS cf mirrors supposedly cost 3,500 bucks or something like that. It was on the car when I got it. I got the car 4 years ago with less than 1,200 miles or so on the clock and had it shipped from Long Island NY to vegas. Are any of you other porsche guys rennlisters?
Clean car man. 997 FTW

At least they out out one great car before they closed up lol. I already have toyota badges on my car except for the steering wheel, so its obvious that i never really liked scion to begin with.

Being a $120k in a Subaru?...

Nah bro give me a GTR or Porsche, hell a M6 with some bolt ons and you getting 700.

Unless you're doing it just to say you have a 1000hp STI.

Any car with an extra 100ho is gonna feel different though. :lol:

My other homie just picked up a last gen WRX sedan in white. Shoudve gotten the hatch.

Any car with an extra 100ho is gonna feel different though. :lol:

My other homie just picked up a last gen WRX sedan in white. Shoudve gotten the hatch.
Why didn't he? The sedan actually looks like a corolla. Hatch looks so much better they shouldn't have even made the sedan for that gen

He could just remove the WRX spoiler and stick the STi wing and it would make all the difference. But no idea, maybe he got it for dirt cheap or coudnt find a reasonably priced hatch? Didnt actually talk to him about it, peeped the gram.

Last edited:

Wasn't someone in here wanting me to keep an eye out for TT Supras? Might have been @metsn13 ?  Well someone came into my work today looking to sell of 4 or 5 of his cars.  including a real 69 Shelby GT350 and a 6 Speed TT Supra with incredibly low miles
Post pics? 

no, close to $40k. I was including the price of the car as well.

But yea, it seems a bit unjustifiable anyway. Unless you're sponsored.

Or if you're a Baller and money ain't a thang.

And the labor isn't even all that much. The actual parts is what makes it pricey.
Ahhh I see, had me confused for a second.

But yeah that is a good bit to drop, I would keep the STI and make it DD fast and then pick a different car to build into a track beast that is more cost efficient.

Back
Top Bottom