\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Bro said America cause the car is from Illinois.....
laugh.gif

BRZ owner here. 230hp & 200lb/ft torque to the wheels would be perfect for my needs. Im not into drag racing :lol: .

GT4 is my dream car tho

Agreed. In the future when i can afford a second car and have my life more settled hupefully i can SC it. But honestly i love the car just how it is for a DD. Never really feel like im thirsting for more power and im 3.5 years in. The car is about much more thsn HP numbers.

You shouldn't sacrifice your DD's reliability for performance. I currently have 2 cars so I can afford downtime on any of them. And if anything goes on my truck, my company covers all repairs. And they'll give me another one in the meantime.

If anything goes on my Subaru, I make it faster. A lot faster. And I drive my truck while it's down. But I just hate the fact that I can't run the specific setup I had in mind. But I also love the fact that you can daily drive my setup basically exactly how it came out the factory.

Everything is still up in air, and my motor is going extremely strong despite the slight abuse. That's because my tune is legendary and all my parts are the best you can buy for what you get out of them.

There are honestly much better platforms to use to get power other than the BRZ, unless you do a complete swap like the RB26 FRS I posted. You should use that as a daily and buy a project car in the future, instead of the other way around.

Enjoy your car, you really have to pay to play. And right now I don't want to sacrifice my reliability and drivability and super cheap maintenance. Call me cheap, whatever, I'm rarely even driving my STi to avoid stacking more miles on it :smh:. I've also been busy with my last semester at school so I'll definitely be behind the wheel more often in the near future.
This is good advice. It's no fun constantly having to fix a daily, plus always worrying about when it's going to let you down.

Hell, it even applies to project cars somewhat. I know a lot of Lightning owners that have trucks that are heavily modified and essentially Sunday drivers now say they enjoyed their trucks more when they only had bolt on mods done. The trucks were slower, but also were never broken down and sitting in the garage waiting for more parts (and $$$). I'm sure many other owners of different types of heavily modified vehicles feel the same way.

Same thing happened to me on my old caddy, I did so much to it that I became hesitant to drive it much, always worried about breaking something, or getting pinched by the cops. That car left me stranded at least 2 or 3 times, and needing a tow or help :smh:

Reliability is definitely a beautiful thing :smokin

Last edited:
When i can buy another car that will be my DD. Itll be newer so most likely more reliable and still under warranty. I would probably get something similar to an IS so it would be a lot more luxury than the FRS and more comfortable to drive every day. 4 door and family proof as well lol.

Im sure there are much better cars to get power seeing as the FRS is a 4 cylinder with 200 hp lol. Its not really about the power for me though, its about being fun to drive. Obviously most people havent driven one, but its an amazing car to drive. Its pretty much designed to be a track car out of the box thats begging to be modded.

my coworker just copped an I3

She let my boy and me borrow it on lunch. We came back with the car smelling like hash oil
laugh.gif

The interior is pretty nice but the car was boring as hell

my coworker just copped an I3

She let my boy and me borrow it on lunch. We came back with the car smelling like hash oil:lol:

The interior is pretty nice but the car was boring as hell

Word, I need an I3 to complete the stable, just waiting until the 2017 model with longer range.

Unfortunately I'm out of garage space, but I'm sure it won't be horrible charging it on the driveway.

When my bro copped his M6 they were on special in CA cause of the tax credit for 200/mo.

HAVE YALL SEEN HOW NARROW THEM DAM I3 TIRES ARE :rofl:

look like bicycle tires minus whale throw the brakes on it too

Last edited:
One of the car magazines described the i3 as a mobile washing machine. I think that's a pretty accurate statement 
laugh.gif

We haven't even gone into suspension, brakes, clutch.
Exactly.

I posted pics about my Uncles Grand National build and he tried to tell me its not possible to spend that much lol dude was an idiot.

I could drop $25k on mine right now for a stroker kit and SC and not even cover labor.

Exactly.

I posted pics about my Uncles Grand National build and he tried to tell me its not possible to spend that much lol dude was an idiot.

I could drop $25k on mine right now for a stroker kit and SC and not even cover labor.
grand national 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom