\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Since we're on the topic of Porsches. My favorite commercial they made

Last edited:
One word of advice, never use your own money to buy anything. Work smarter, not harder! If a bank is willing to give you money for cheap, take it.
The realest **** ever spoken in this thread and possibly on this site. Anything under 5% is great, anything under 2% is ridiculous and you would be dumb as **** to pass that up. I also strongly disagree with not financing new or used cars, I know millionaires (my boss) that have started their own bank and know everything there is about money who finance cars because they agree with the above statement... credit really is everything in life nowadays, don't be the person who has to come to me for a car and pay 25% 
indifferent.gif

So I'm thinking about selling my BRZ. Car is nice, but I don't know if I see myself still liking it years from now and I would rather get the most money out of it now. I can sell it for what I paid for over a year ago right now. Granted, I put mods but nothing crazy and I can take some off.

What cars would you guys recommend that are small and sporty? Mainly coupes, but fine with smaller sedans. Budget would be $20k most, cash buyer so I could possible find some steals from private sellers.

Only car that really has my interest is a BMW 135i, but I don't know if I would want to deal with the reliability..

I know asking for recommendations is kind of dumb, since I know what I'm into and can research, but just want to hear what you guys think :nerd:

Last edited:
So I'm thinking about selling my BRZ. Car is nice, but I don't know if I see myself still liking it years from now and I would rather get the most money out of it now. I can sell it for what I paid for over a year ago right now. Granted, I put mods but nothing crazy and I can take some off.

What cars would you guys recommend that are small and sporty? Mainly coupes, but fine with smaller sedans. Budget would be $20k most, cash buyer so I could possible find some steals from private sellers.

Only car that really has my interest is a BMW 135i, but I don't know if I would want to deal with the reliability..

I know asking for recommendations is kind of dumb, since I know what I'm into and can research, but just want to hear what you guys think :nerd:

Don't grab a used BMW unless it's CPO. And even then, good like finding one for $20k

Clearly I'm biased but grab a GTI base brand new for $20-21.

Like car and driver said after their long term test, if you bought a fun car under $30k and you didn't buy a GTI, you messed up.

The realest **** ever spoken in this thread and possibly on this site. Anything under 5% is great, anything under 2% is ridiculous and you would be dumb as **** to pass that up. I also strongly disagree with not financing new or used cars, I know millionaires (my boss) that have started their own bank and know everything there is about money who finance cars because they agree with the above statement... credit really is everything in life nowadays, don't be the person who has to come to me for a car and pay 25% :stoneface:

Cash is king, don't kid yourself.

Cash is king, don't kid yourself.
Nah, not in every situation. If youre looking to build credit its not for sure. If someone (bank) offers to loan you money for free you should take it as long as you are mature enough to handle it correctly. 

Last edited:

I know asking for recommendations is kind of dumb, since I know what I'm into and can research, but just want to hear what you guys think
nerd.gif
Yea theres a lot to replace on the n54 motor to make it reliable

Mines has been treating me good since i replaced all the weak parts

Last edited:
On the topic of BMWs, if such a thing as a clean, reasonably priced E46 M3 exists, I'm all over it.

The car that got me into liking cars. When I was 13 I remember thinking wow I'll never own one of those ever. To this date I have never had a better feeling in a car than putting my e46 M3 in S6 smg and rowing through gears and hearing that eisenmann sing to me, and just thinking to myself every time I can't believe i ******* did it.

Now I'm sad.

Don't grab a used BMW unless it's CPO. And even then, good like finding one for $20k

Clearly I'm biased but grab a GTI base brand new for $20-21.

Like car and driver said after their long term test, if you bought a fun car under $30k and you didn't buy a GTI, you messed up.

Nah

E46 M3, E92 m3, E92 335i all >>>>>> GTI

I have a feeling he won't give us that information. 

How old are you Flyknit?

E-commerce. Not a big secret--I've posted about it here before.

The car that got me into liking cars. When I was 13 I remember thinking wow I'll never own one of those ever. To this date I have never had a better feeling in a car than putting my e46 M3 in S6 smg and rowing through gears and hearing that eisenmann sing to me, and just thinking to myself every time I can't believe i ******* did it.

Now I'm sad.

Yup. That was my dream car in high school. Was so jealous when my brother bought one. Such a fun car and the more I think about it the more I really want to get one, slam it on LMs, and call it a day. Still in my eyes one of the most beautiful German cars ever made.

Nah

E46 M3, E92 m3, E92 335i all >>>>>> GTI

Dont buy a used BMW? wut 

I don't think I've been in a Jetta or Passat that doesnt have the CEL on :lol:

Bullies :frown:

We all have our preferences but I came from the school of thought that if you want a car but can only afford one if it has high miles, you simply can't afford it.

$20k was his limit. Realistically, he's not sniffing any of those BMWs unless it's older and has a lot of miles.

Of course this is my personal preference, we all love our cars but at the end of the day there needs to be some financial sense used when deciding on what we can feasibly get.

For $20k and a fun car, grab a new GTI, a slightly used WRX, a slightly used Miata, a new Fiesta ST. Again, just my opinion.

I've actually see a lot of e46 M3's for under 20k. Not sure of the mileage, but I have no doubt they can be had for under 20k.

I wasn't talking about a CPO 135i, just a used one on Craigslist. I prefer to buy from CL and not deal with the stealership, who needs to make money on the car.

Are e46 M3's reliable for the most part?

Last edited:
I've actually see a lot of e46 M3's for under 20k. Not sure of the mileage, but I have no doubt they can be had for under 20k.

I wasn't talking about a CPO 135i, just a used one on Craigslist. I prefer to buy from CL and not deal with the stealership, who needs to make money on the car.

Are e46 M3's reliable for the most part?

But a CPO would give you an extended warranty. But if you're not worried about that, then it would be a good choice.

Best advice I can give is go to the BMW forums and see what common problems are for the e46 m3 are. Bring a mechanic with you to inspect the car, particularly one who specializes in BMW. Find out what needs to be done and how much it would cost. Good luck!

CHANGED MY OIL EARLIER TODAY FOR FULL SYNTHETIC AMSOIL AND DUMPED MY PASSENGER AND DRIVER SIDE CATCH CANS....

NEVER WOULD I FOREGO INSTALLING A CATCH CAN :lol:

Back
Top Bottom