\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Is $5/gallon for Prestone concentrate enough of a deal to warrant me getting a lifetime supply

Fam, i need your help. I am sick and tired of paying 500/month (car & insurance). I'm in a city where I don't really need a car (I was in a different city when I got it) and my lifestyle really doesn't require one. I was TOO hasty when I got it and was desperate for a car bc mine had broken down, so I agreed to an absurd interest rate (I now know, at the time I was unaware) I want to get rid of my car. I want to get either a moped or a cash car. Please help me figure out what my options are. Here is my situation.

2013 Mustang (Base model)
106,000 miles
I owe 11,600, kbb says it's worth around 7k so I'm upside down
Very good shape, very minimal hail damage on hood

I'd like to sell it for a little more than what I owe, maybe 13,500, but I know the person would want the title immediately.

I really don't feel like the trade in process.

Please help me car fam.

Fam, i need your help. I am sick and tired of paying 500/month (car & insurance). I'm in a city where I don't really need a car (I was in a different city when I got it) and my lifestyle really doesn't require one. I was TOO hasty when I got it and was desperate for a car bc mine had broken down, so I agreed to an absurd interest rate (I now know, at the time I was unaware) I want to get rid of my car. I want to get either a moped or a cash car. Please help me figure out what my options are. Here is my situation.

106,000 miles

I'd like to sell it for a little more than what I owe, maybe 13,500, but I know the person would want the title immediately.

Please help me car fam.

Sorry to say but you're SOL. If the car is valued at KBB at $11,600 and you want someone to pay $2000 more than that, I doubt you'll get anybody to even respond. Especially with a car at that high of mileage. Best bet is just keep the car.

Or, you can sell the car to Carvana. I think they’ll give the Blue Book value plus $500.

106,000 miles

Please help me car fam.

You’re not going to get that much for the car, the best thing you can do is try to sell it for $8K in private sale and just pay the rest of loan off with cash.

The only way you’re going to walk off on that $7K negative equity is having to buy a new car...Meaning you’re going to have to put money down or/and your payment won’t be change or itll be lowered than your previous car...perhaps $10-$20 depending on how much you put down.

You never know, someone might total it out for you or it might mysteriously disappear. :lol:

Last edited:
You’re not going to get that much for the car, the best thing you can do is try to sell it for $8K in private sale and just pay the rest of loan off with cash.

The only way you’re going to walk off on that $7K negative equity is having to buy a new car...Meaning you’re going to have to put money down or/and your payment won’t be change or itll be lowered than your previous car...perhaps $10-$20 depending on how much you put down.

You never know, someone might total it out for you or it might mysteriously disappear. :lol:
Even if it was totaled one way or the other if the value he owes is greater than the blue book value he will still have to pay the remainder, unless he has gap insurance

Even if it was totaled one way or the other if the value he owes is greater than the blue book value he will still have to pay the remainder, unless he has gap insurance

Yep, thats what every one seems to forget when they overpay for a car.The insurance company will only write a check to the bank for what the cars book value is at the time of the damage, then the remaining balance will go on your credit as a charge off and hurt your score if you don't pay it off or transfer it over to a new loan, kinda sucks but theres no way around it without having gap. Some banks may work with you and lower your monthly payment if something like that happened depending on the bank and the relationship you have with them.

Yep, thats what every one seems to forget when they overpay for a car.The insurance company will only write a check to the bank for what the cars book value is at the time of the damage, then the remaining balance will go on your credit as a charge off and hurt your score if you don't pay it off or transfer it over to a new loan, kinda sucks but theres no way around it without having gap. Some banks may work with you and lower your monthly payment if something like that happened depending on the bank and the relationship you have with them.
Yea def a lot of people overlook a lot of things when buying a car especially the value and end up overpaying for no reason.

I keep forgetting, not every state makes it mandatory to have GAP insurance.

In the state of Georgia it's MANDATORY.

Like Boiz stated, from the jump we already know that the car is going to lose it value. It's all a hustle. Now I'm starting to think that perhaps leasing isn't that bad after all...Unless you're buying your car cash...

I keep forgetting, not every state makes it mandatory to have GAP insurance.

In the state of Georgia it's MANDATORY.

Like Boiz stated, from the jump we already know that the car is going to lose it value. It's all a hustle. Now I'm starting to think that perhaps leasing isn't that bad after all...Unless you're buying your car cash...
Leasing is not the way to go imo. Financing a car that you can see yourself in for the next few years is the way I do it. I picked up a e92 335i almost 5 years ago and def am keeping it for life. Down the road I’ll probably finance something else but for now I’m set car still looks modern and I still break necks daily, at the end of the lease you have nothing to show for your money and if you decide to not have a car payment anymore you also have no car. The only way I would lease is if I was rich and just wanted to have the newest model every few years

Leasing is not the way to go imo. Financing a car that you can see yourself in for the next few years is the way I do it. I picked up a e92 335i almost 5 years ago and def am keeping it for life. Down the road I’ll probably finance something else but for now I’m set car still looks modern and I still break necks daily, at the end of the lease you have nothing to show for your money and if you decide to not have a car payment anymore you also have no car. The only way I would lease is if I was rich and just wanted to have the newest model every few years

Understood but there’s pros and cons to everything.

For a person like myself who takes public transportation 75% of my trips. Less than 4 Miles to drive to the train station. Long term, a car isn’t good in this case.

Moreover a lease can be negotiated - mainteance can be taken care of and if your credit is great...you’re paying darn near nothing in interest. Take for granted, this is sensible more so for luxury cars.

But I get it...either way you’re shelling out money.

So i guess buying a car all the way outright would be best.

Any maintenance issues in the time that you've owned it? Also, any modifications?

Any maintenance issues in the time that you've owned it? Also, any modifications?
Maintenance the usual n54 stuff oil filter housing gasket twice, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket is due for service and a few other minor stuff nothing to major. I just did the water pump/ thermostat for the first time in December which surprised me usually dudes have major issues with that and never had to touch the fuel pump which is another common issue. It’s still running very strong targeting about 17-18 psi on stock original turbos fully bolted pretty much. Intake, downpipes,charge pipe hks bov, fmic. I’m running jb4 stacked with mhd and drive it hard every single day.

88BA2A33-4DBD-4C88-9E52-C3307E0165FB.jpeg
27FDFD8C-3E96-4F43-9152-FE6F51A28451.jpeg

Maintenance the usual n54 stuff oil filter housing gasket twice, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket is due for service and a few other minor stuff nothing to major. I just did the water pump/ thermostat for the first time in December which surprised me usually dudes have major issues with that and never had to touch the fuel pump which is another common issue. It’s still running very strong targeting about 17-18 psi on stock original turbos fully bolted pretty much. Intake, downpipes,charge pipe hks bov, fmic. I’m running jb4 stacked with mhd and drive it hard every single day.

88BA2A33-4DBD-4C88-9E52-C3307E0165FB.jpeg
27FDFD8C-3E96-4F43-9152-FE6F51A28451.jpeg
Power wise around 400 whp?

106,000 miles

Please help me car fam.
Your gonna have to take that L for buying a v6 unless you got gap insurance and something happens to it. Bruh how you gonna be a grown *** man on a moped? Like fr you gonna get no ****

Back
Top Bottom