\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

guess itll be at the NAIAS next weekend going to go check it out.

f771eb68-a501-4e76-82a6-75788487eed1-lexus_lc_convertible_concept_r34_1.jpg
lexus-lc-convertible-concept-2.jpg
Hmmm. I like it but I don't like it that much. Something about the hatch or area where the top folds down into. Hard to say, perhaps seeing how it folds out and looks could change my opinion.

Sadness wife will probably want this though and I get the non coupe. I heard rumors of a performance version of the engine in the near future.

Dudes ripped the Supra vid already lol

Because it is garbage, they tried to capitalize on the history and heritage Supra represents but then created an engine with BMW. Having had an 05 545, BMW maintenance is a F-ing joke. The styling is opinion based, so I won't discuss that. However the performance is average at best for a car in that price point from two companies that have a long history of putting out performance cars. I don't want to buy an estimated $60K car that is in the mid 300 horsepower, and then have to mod it to be respectable. The cockpit looks cheap from the various videos with the screen just stuck in the middle. Not impressed IMO Toyota dropped the ball again with a performance aimed car, first giving the FT86 over to Scion and now the Supra. This car easily should of been in the 450hp range from the factory.

Because it is garbage, they tried to capitalize on the history and heritage Supra represents but then created an engine with BMW. Having had an 05 545, BMW maintenance is a F-ing joke. The styling is opinion based, so I won't discuss that. However the performance is average at best for a car in that price point from two companies that have a long history of putting out performance cars. I don't want to buy an estimated $60K car that is in the mid 300 horsepower, and then have to mod it to be respectable. The cockpit looks cheap from the various videos with the screen just stuck in the middle. Not impressed IMO Toyota dropped the ball again with a performance aimed car, first giving the FT86 over to Scion and now the Supra. This car easily should of been in the 450hp range from the factory.
The 45 engine found in the 545 and 645 was one the worst engines that bmw ever produced. There is a reason why it was only produced for 2 years out of the usual 7 years life cycle of a bmw. You had arguably one of the worst bmws ever and your comparing it to that lol funny ish. With the Supra engine a jb4 and some relatively cheap mods you’ll be at 500hp with less than 5k with great realiability. Ask me how I know

The 45 engine found in the 545 and 645 was one the worst engines that bmw ever produced. There is a reason why it was only produced for 2 years out of the usual 7 years life cycle of a bmw. You had arguably one of the worst bmws ever and your comparing it to that lol funny ish. With the Supra engine a jb4 and some relatively cheap mods you’ll be at 500hp with less than 5k with great realiability. Ask me how I know
Was that the same engine in the 550? How about the 525? My coworker had a 06 550 and my sister had two 525's. Whether it was the worst engine ever does that chance the fact how much maintenance cost? Because when I dropped it off for maintenance they didn't care it was the "worst engine" they still charged me to fix it. BMW quality has gone down hill and isn't the silver standard as it once was, I say Lexus is the gold standard in quality.

Quick post to appreciate one of if not my ultimate dream car as a child. I spent countless hours playing Gran Turismo just to look at this thing

The red one was fire, but the blue with white racing stripes had me experiencing things that only puberty later on would replicate.

1997_dodge_viper_154481679121410cb064a6f7f52018-12-14-1-940x688.jpg

I wasn't super excited about the refresh in the early 2000's but I'm so glad that they returned it to its Viper snake like shape that was so unique during childhood in 2013

2017_dodge_viper_header.jpg

I always loved the Viper more than the Corvette, but the Corvette was always a better all around car. But damn the Viper just had that "IT" factor. Plus you NEVER saw Vipers on the street, it was so rare (and still is)

I also never knew the Dodge - Lambo connection with the Viper.

"If there were royalty checks on bedroom posters, Tom Gale would be a ****ing billionaire" :lol: :lol:

Quick post to appreciate one of if not my ultimate dream car as a child. I spent countless hours playing Gran Turismo just to look at this thing

The red one was fire, but the blue with white racing stripes had me experiencing things that only puberty later on would replicate.

I wasn't super excited about the refresh in the early 2000's but I'm so glad that they returned it to its Viper snake like shape that was so unique during childhood in 2013

I always loved the Viper more than the Corvette, but the Corvette was always a better all around car. But damn the Viper just had that "IT" factor. Plus you NEVER saw Vipers on the street, it was so rare (and still is)

"If there were royalty checks on bedroom posters, Tom Gale would be a ****ing billionaire" :lol: :lol:
I wasn't a big domestic fan back in the day but I did like this and the Dodge Stealth. I remember playing a game on Dreamcast called Tokyo Extreme Racer some of the racers had supped up Vipers that if they got out in front of you, you could never catch.

Was that the same engine in the 550? How about the 525? My coworker had a 06 550 and my sister had two 525's. Whether it was the worst engine ever does that chance the fact how much maintenance cost? Because when I dropped it off for maintenance they didn't care it was the "worst engine" they still charged me to fix it. BMW quality has gone down hill and isn't the silver standard as it once was, I say Lexus is the gold standard in quality.
The whole German car maintenance cost thing is a myth. That only applies if you take your car to the dealer to get serviced if that’s the case then your doing it to yourself. If you know how and where to source parts from and know how to diagnose your own car you will have no issues owning one in terms of cost. And the quality is definitely still there again your comparing a model that is more than 15 years old to new car standards. Lexus? :rofl:

titang545 titang545 With regards to the Supra and the FT86 you mentioned, Toyota's mitigating risk by collaborating with BMW and Subaru respectively. The market for these vehicles simply isn't there anymore and they are definitely niche vehicles.

The whole German car maintenance cost thing is a myth. That only applies if you take your car to the dealer to get serviced if that’s the case then your doing it to yourself. If you know how and where to source parts from and know how to diagnose your own car you will have no issues owning one in terms of cost. And the quality is definitely still there again your comparing a model that is more than 15 years old to new car standards. Lexus? :rofl:
Are you making assumptions in every single one of your post, because you are wrong again. I stopped taking my car to the dealer, once the extended warranty expired. I have two reputable shops that I alternated taking my 545, sisters 525. I found one through my coworker who took his 550 and the other from a guy at the gym who had a 535.

I still take my Tundra to one of the places for minor issues. The German car maintenance is certainly not a myth, when the owner of the shop advised me against getting an X5 because they are maintenance nightmares. He owns the shop why persuade me from bringing him more business by buying the X5?

I have a 97 Lexus SC400 and I am comparing the maintenance issues to an 05 BMW. Even with 145K more miles I don't have even a fraction of the maintenance issues in my 545.

vood99 vood99
I certainly understand it in both cases, however why not name them something else instead of trying to pull you back in with the nostalgia card. The market is always going to be small in those niche markets but you should know that going in. However why not double the duty for the new engine, possibly look at flipping it so it can run in NASCAR also. If possible then the R&D costs can be shared by two departments.

titang545 titang545 Agree with you 100% on bringing back old monikers yet deviating too far from the original heritage. Not sure what FT86/BRZ take is like in the US but over here in Canada, the BRZ is way more popular. Didn't help that Toyota launched the car as a whack Scion which at little to no market presence over here. :smh:

Price on this new Supra kinda high too at $60K+

jordans01 jordans01 With all due respect my G, the cats leasing these vehicles when new ain't turning a damn wrench. The cats buying 'em second hand/off lease, etc... should in theory know how to turn a wrench due to the higher cost of ownership but let's be honest, < 5% of them know how too.

I've owned Japanese, American and German and while I appreciate the mechanical and technical knowledge I gained due to the latter I appreciate the relatively lower cost of ownership of the former two.

With regards to the Lexus/BMW debate, those 15 year old Lexus' still better cars to own.

Last edited:
titang545 titang545 Agree with you 100% on bringing back old monikers yet deviating too far from the original heritage. Not sure what FT86/BRZ take is like in the US but over here in Canada, the BRZ is way more popular. Didn't help that Toyota launched the car as a whack Scion which at little to no market presence over here. :smh:

Price on this new Supra kinda high too at $60K+
I was all set to get the FT86 maybe a year or two before it was officially released. However as it got closer and I heard it was going to Scion, I was instantly out. I am in my 30's when I think of Scion I think of late teens early 20's who drive them. I believe here in the states the FT86 is selling well, but I guess not enough since it couldn't keep Scion afloat.

I can only hope that one starts in the mid to high 40's as an entry level. However do you want a car to have a 20K price swing from entry to top end?

I loved the concept so much more than this finished product. The radiator fans you see from looking at it in the front. The "future" is here now cars need to really take that next step in terms of design.
toyota-ft-1-concept-03.jpg
2017-Toyota-Supra-featured.jpg
thQW6ZXCXS.jpg

AGREED. THE CONCEPT LOOKS MUCH BETTER THAN THE FINISHED PRODUCT IMO.

1997_dodge_viper_154481679121410cb064a6f7f52018-12-14-1-940x688.jpg

2017_dodge_viper_header.jpg

I like the newest Vipers. Better than Vettes. And the ACR is a ****ing monster. Craziest road legal car I've ever been in

Back
Top Bottom