\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I like the newest Vipers. Better than Vettes. And the ACR is a ****ing monster. Craziest road legal car I've ever been in

Brah Viper are a step ahead of the vette.

Need to put myself in the position for an ACR.

The rear 335 tires and exhast just make me erect

Wasn't the Viper the spiritual successor to the OG Shelby Cobra to a certain extent? Raw, visceral type car.

Don't think the 'Vette was ever considered raw or visceral. :lol:

So this new supra has an engine straight from bmw? Not an engine built by both toyota and bmw?

No thanks.

I've been a 911 guy since I can remember, but lord when I saw my first Viper in about 5th grade... my mind was blown.

Took the 997 in today for a service at 40k miles. They had some ill stuff that they were working on. Tons of track cars.
Are you under warranty still? Certainly not in the same league, I always loved dropping my Bimmer in for service and they give you the bill zeroed out. You see how much it would have cost without the warranty. :smh:

Are you under warranty still? Certainly not in the same league, I always loved dropping my Bimmer in for service and they give you the bill zeroed out. You see how much it would have cost without the warranty. :smh:

I had the same car with the same color as you. I had a cpo warranty and I took it on because my belt was squeaking. My friend would have swapped it out for beer, but I figured it was covered so I dropped it off. They kept it for the whole day, then told me it would be ready, and then delayed it twice. Turns out the water pump was leaking and causing the belt to squeak. They replaced the pump, and the service advisor told me it would have been a $5k job lmao. I gave him my $50 deductible and dipped. They didn't even change the belt.

I’d take the new NSX over anything else coming out of japan tbh. Even the almighty GTR. (I’m not a fan of the GTR’s looks)

Just like nelson999 nelson999 said, it might not be as raw as the OG but it’s still dope as hell. The effort Honda’s put into the NSX shows that Honda still has that racing mad scientist in them.

If I was in the market for a car in the Huracan/R8 range/category but I was a Japanese/Honda enthusiast, I would heavily consider the NSX.

If I was in the market for a car in the M3, GTR range, I wouldn’t even drive past a Toyota dealer.

Last edited:

Ran my boys 5.0 from a 40 roll, hard to tell in the video but my boy in the RS behind me said I blew out black smoke. Car did the same exact thing it did when I ran my other friends WRX. Fifth gear the car just falls flat on its face. Going to check coils and plugs tomorrow, also log to send to my tuner. The weird thing is that heading home tonight, I did another pull to recreate the problem and nothing happened.

Thing is i just remember cats were bombing on the NSX when they were about too/first released it. Just like the Supra and just as harsh.

Thing is i just remember cats were bombing on the NSX when they were about too/first released it. Just like the Supra and just as harsh.
It hasn’t even released yet and people are crapping all over it. That happens with most cars though. I’ll wait until I see it in person. That said, I do agree it looks like a refreshed brz :lol:

Yeah but the thing with the NSX was it’s lack of power compared to the other cars in its class. It’s still a gorgeous car, and it’s quick as hell. It’s just not Lambo fast. The NSX sat not because it wasn’t an amazing car, it was just overpriced and didn’t have a manual gearbox.

If the NSX started in the 90k+ range it would have sold much better. I really think the price tag is what hurt it when it released.

The Supra is just ugly tbh. IDGAF how quick it turns out to be, why would I choose the Toyota with a BMW engine, when I can just get the BMW? Toyota wants 60k for it which is a very decent and accurate price, but it’s ugly af and for 60k you can get an M4. It doesn’t have that bullet proof Japanese engine anymore so if you’re paying for a German engineered engine you might as well get the rest of the German engineered car.

The Lexus LC is a far better looking car than the new Supra. The more I see the official pics, the more I say that ain’t it

I've got it on an aftermarket warranty with Fidelity but it doesn't cover standard services like oil changes, etc.

Yeah but the thing with the NSX was it’s lack of power compared to the other cars in its class. It’s still a gorgeous car, and it’s quick as hell. It’s just not Lambo fast. The NSX sat not because it wasn’t an amazing car, it was just overpriced and didn’t have a manual gearbox.

If the NSX started in the 90k+ range it would have sold much better. I really think the price tag is what hurt it when it released.

The Supra is just ugly tbh. IDGAF how quick it turns out to be, why would I choose the Toyota with a BMW engine, when I can just get the BMW? Toyota wants 60k for it which is a very decent and accurate price, but it’s ugly af and for 60k you can get an M4. It doesn’t have that bullet proof Japanese engine anymore so if you’re paying for a German engineered engine you might as well get the rest of the German engineered car.

The Lexus LC is a far better looking car than the new Supra. The more I see the official pics, the more I say that ain’t it
I laugh every time I come in here you dudes kill me. :rofl::rofl: Literally only know what ya read in car magazines

Dude said “bulletproof Japanese engine” :lol:

Meanwhile the 2JZ is a GERMAN engine. Toyota is trying to restore the feeling with another bulletproof German engine. Don’t be mad

^whhaaaat??
2jz is a deriative of the 1jz
built by Toyota in response to Godzillas RB engines
(now it may have components from Germany, but cars all over the world have parts from other countries)

just like BMW 545 guys were talking about earlier, shared its 5-6 speed automatics with Cadillac STS

i just dont get how Toyota/Lexus arent on the same page as far as Concept to Production models.

Lexus LC production model looks damn near dead on as the concept, its about 90% of it. another reason why id love to get a LC in a few years. Lexus gets it.

Toyota Supra is so watered down compared to the concept, its not even the same car anymore. The price(and wait time) is going to kill this car. BMW can get away with $60k+ for the Z(with the inline 6).
Performance aside, the selling point of this Supra was based on looks. if this Supra was 90% looks of the concept it would move units(even the 4cyl model).

NSX is a great car, overpriced yea slightly. based on the heritage of the 90s NSX its not too far off what that car is. Technology packed car with supercar-like performance(weight holds it back). for what it is though its a nice alternative to say a R8, maybe.

I laugh every time I come in here you dudes kill me. :rofl::rofl: Literally only know what ya read in car magazines

Dude said “bulletproof Japanese engine” :lol:

Meanwhile the 2JZ is a GERMAN engine. Toyota is trying to restore the feeling with another bulletproof German engine. Don’t be mad

The 2JZ engine was developed with help from Germany- Johann A. Krause Maschinenfabrik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine -
The 2JZ-GTE is an inline-layout, six-cylinder, belt-driven dual-overhead camshaft, air-intercooled, twin-turbocharged, cast-iron block, aluminium cylinder headed engine designed and manufactured by Toyota Motor Corporation that was produced from 1991 until 2002 in Japan. Development and evolution of the engine was, principally, a response to Nissan's relatively new and then-successful RB26DETT engine which had achieved palpable success in FIA Group A and Group N touring car championships, worldwide. Final development of the 2JZ-GTE was outsourced to German engineering firm Johann A. Krause Maschinenfabrik GmbH for refinement to meet production car homologation requirements set forth by the former All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship.

The addition of twin turbochargers, jointly developed by Toyota with Hitachi, in sequential configuration had raised its commercially-cited output from 230 PS (169 kW; 227 hp) to the contemporary industry maximum of 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp) at 5600 rpm.

Looks like a Japanese factory to me.

It was MANUFACTURED in Japan. Hence why its considered BULLETPROOF (Due to Japan's high quality and reliable engineering). The handful of TEST 2JZ engines were built in Germany and used in the GT Car Championship.

The 2JZ you see on the street isn't German made...

Back
Top Bottom